• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

rando14

THANKS FOR SPOILING THE GAME

sjXqTB0.gif

Hello Gregory how are you doing my dear friend!! Hopefully everything is going well!!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
@NBCdianna
Sources with the Eagles say they are trying to trade Matt Barkley. If he is traded, I'm told there's an "80% chance" they'll sign Tim Tebow

I remember people were touting Barkley as the next tank for target around the suck for luck sweepstakes... I forgot he even played football.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's pretty much exactly how they operate.

Do the patriots just say, "Take this amount or no deal" First Torrey Smith then Stevie Johnson just going to New England then signing with other teams

It's bit them in the ass quite a bit this offseason it seems. They've lost their top 2 corners amongst a lot of other misses, then they have people coming in and walking away, knowing they'll get more elsewhere.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/mar/17/philip-rivers-extension-la-chargers-acee/

Philip Rivers isn’t contemplating retirement anymore.

But he also isn’t thinking about a contract extension with the Chargers. Not the San Diego Chargers, and almost certainly not the Los Angeles Chargers.

Asked on Tuesday if he thinks he will play his current contract out rather than agreeing to extend the deal that ends after the upcoming season, Rivers said, “Yes.”

Asked if he envisioned any circumstance causing him to reconsider, he said, “Honestly, nothing.”

He remains interested in seeing how the roster is built and has an eye on the stadium issue.

“What I can control and all I know as of today, I am signed up for one more year,” he said. “I guess things could change, but with all the uncertainty in many aspects, I don’t see it changing before camp gets here, and when camp gets here I’m even more certain to play it out.”

Rivers doesn’t rule out playing in Los Angeles should the Chargers move there, but there are more appealing cities to a family that has never strayed from its Southern roots.

“What we’ve established here with my growing family is hard to recreate,” he said. “It’s hard to up and recreate that. I know that moves are part of life. But that certainly is fair to say that (not being sold on moving to Los Angeles) is part of it. The good thing is I’m not under contract in a year where we’d potentially be in Los Angeles

Duxxy3

How many first rounders could Pip fetch in a trade? Two? Three? Plus a bunch of lower round picks I would imagine.

edit: The jets would be scary with Rivers as the QB.

MechDX

How many first rounders could Pip fetch in a trade? Two? Three? Plus a bunch of lower round picks I would imagine.

edit: The jets would be scary with Rivers as the QB.

If the Chargers really want Mariotta they could offer Rivers and picks for the Titans draft spot.

Respect

You won't fool me again square soft enix whatever you are called now. I will be day 90ish if I like what I hear...still not sure I will bite. /stillbitter

Duxxy3

If the Chargers really want Mariotta they could offer Rivers and picks for the Titans draft spot.

Probably get a better deal trading with the Jets than the Titans. Though the longer the Chargers wait, the more likely Mariota gets picked.

Either way, the smart move is to trade Rivers and build up for the eventual move to Los Angeles.

I'll buy it if it guarantees FFXII on Vita otherwise I'll wait for price drop. Didn't know it was $60 lol
I want to buy it, but I know bloodborne comes out next week.

I also kinda enjoyed the code name steam demo. So I'm conflicted

Edit: spring break is next week for me, and I want somthing to play!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you could get him to agree to a contract extension in advance of the trade I'd trade the number one/number two pick for Rivers in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom