• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

cdyhybrid

Not a fan of cognac, I had soju for the first time today and its vile, I'm inebriated as fuck though. Korean BBQ and soju, my Korean friends tell me that in Korea they have soju in juice boxes.

d5731e92a951754a571f306ec3cced51.jpg

Not a huge fan of soju either. Generally just drink it when I'm out with Korean friends and feel like getting hammered.

It's like vodka to me - good for getting drunk, but not good if you want to actually enjoy a beverage.

I've got a bottle of Don Julio anejo, but not sure I'm at the point where I can just sip on tequila when I feel like chilling. Also have a bottle of Bulleit bourbon but I left it at a friend's house so I might not ever see it again.

Not a fan of cognac, I had soju for the first time today and its vile, I'm inebriated as fuck though. Korean BBQ and soju, my Korean friends tell me that in Korea they have soju in juice boxes.

d5731e92a951754a571f306ec3cced51.jpg

Wut soju is good dude. Just the right amount of bite for casual drinking, a hint of citrus and sweetness.

zychi

Banned
Exactly. Obviously running behind that line helps but he will have just as good of a line in Philly.

D. Murray wasn't some bum who the Cowboys picked off the street and the line made him. It was a combination of both.

Did you mean ranked by who? The same people/publications which ranked Dallas's line #1.Dallas was #1 overall last year Philly #2 but if you look at their breakout, Eagles run blocking was #1.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/4/

Yeah that's what I meant. I didn't say the Eagles were a bad o-line. Just Demarco is injury prone, and the true o-line stats are hidden behind Chip's offense. Eagles offense wasn't the issue last year, it was the defense. PF reference says they were 22nd in points allowed.

Add that Demarco is a between the tackles runner and not a McCoy/Forte which is what the offense is built for, it's going to be interesting to see how the Eagles are next year.

Unless Dal gets AP, the division is gonna be between whether Giants are terrible or good versus the Eagles new roster.

cashman

Banned
Stoked by the potential Greg Hardy signing. Dude is a legit game changer at DE, and Dallas might get him at a good price due to his off the field issues. I hope he doesn't have too long of a suspension for 2015.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Stoked by the potential Greg Hardy signing. Dude is a legit game changer at DE, and Dallas might get him at a good price due to his off the field issues. I hope he doesn't have too long of a suspension for 2015.

Trade for AD and sign Ray Rice. The Jerryfecta.

Yeah that's what I meant. I didn't say the Eagles were a bad o-line. Just Demarco is injury prone, and the true o-line stats are hidden behind Chip's offense. Eagles offense wasn't the issue last year, it was the defense. PF reference says they were 22nd in points allowed.

Add that Demarco is a between the tackles runner and not a McCoy/Forte which is what the offense is built for, it's going to be interesting to see how the Eagles are next year.

Unless Dal gets AP, the division is gonna be between whether Giants are terrible or good versus the Eagles new roster.

Actually the consensus is that Chip Kelly prefers the running style of Murray. Chip had a rule in which RBs were only supposed to make one cut, and other than that they were supposed to be north-south. That's the anti-Shady run philosophy.

zychi

Banned
Actually the consensus is that Chip Kelly prefers the running style of Murray. Chip had a rule in which RBs were only supposed to make one cut, and other than that they were supposed to be north-south. That's the anti-Shady run philosophy.

McCoy/Forte = Pass catchers. Think like Marshall Faulk

Demarco really isn't that, he's a bruiser

McCoy/Forte = Pass catchers. Think like Marshall Faulk

Demarco really isn't that, he's a bruiser

Yes. That is what people are saying Chip wants. Follow a block, hit the gap, cut once if it's there, and other than that run through tackles. McCoy is everything but a bruiser, he's a home run hitter, good in space. Chip would rather use Sproles for that, as can be seen by the amounts of catches he took away from McCoy last season. Chip wants someone to follow blockers and pick up 3-4 yards, and seldom get tackled for a loss.

I think the evidence that this is how Chip is thinking is in the players he signed. Both Mathews and Murray are that type of runner, whereas McCoy is most certainly not. It's why Chris Polk made the roster last year even though he was injured.

cdyhybrid

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 29m29 minutes ago
2014 Unique offensive lineups, by play (source: NFLGSIS)
1. Seahawks - 376
2. Lions - 365
31. Packers - 111
32. Steelers - 108

cajunator

Banned
That feel when u get passed over for a promotion when you have been at a place going on 5 years and stuck with it after 3 robberies...lame situation.

take it as a compliment. a promotion typically means you are shit at your job so they will pay you more to get you out of the way of the main operations.

Malalaw

take it as a compliment. a promotion typically means you are shit at your job so they will pay you more to get you out of the way of the main operations.

Except it would have been salary and me overseeing and being involved in operations. Ah well. It'll come in time.

cajunator

Banned
Except it would have been salary and me overseeing and being involved in operations. Ah well. It'll come in time.

I was being sarcastic, but in the case of my company, when a dispatcher is a fuck-up they actually will move them to a "supervisor" position where they dont have to actually dispatch and can fuck up less.

Malalaw

I was being sarcastic, but in the case of my company, when a dispatcher is a fuck-up they actually will move them to a "supervisor" position where they dont have to actually dispatch and can fuck up less.

Yeah, I've heard of situations like this. Happens often in plenty of places I'm sure.

cajunator

Banned
My god I hate mornings.

Only good things about them is cofy, and not waking up late and losing your half your day.

Ill tell you whats good about (some) mornings.
Getting up at 4 AM, grabbing fishing gear, hooking up the boat, and going out fishing in the swamp. Early morning its crisp and quiet and just gorgeous out there. By noon in summer though its kind of like being in hell.

Hammer24

Banned
Getting up at 4 AM, grabbing fishing gear, hooking up the boat, and going out fishing in the swamp. Early morning its crisp and quiet and just gorgeous out there. By noon in summer though its kind of like being in hell.

FUCK YOU!!! :-((
Some people are stuck at the office right now, you know?! Dammit...

I wish I lived in the US :(

This country is so stupid crowded.

Bowser

So Bill Simmons is going to be on RAW? Wtf?

Yep. He's a huge fan, it's the RAW before WrestleMania (WWE's Super Bowl), and WWE craves whatever mainstream attention they can get. He'll be joining the commentators booth to call 1-2 matches. Should be fun.

Yep. He's a huge fan, it's the RAW before WrestleMania (WWE's Super Bowl), and WWE craves whatever mainstream attention they can get. He'll be joining the commentators booth to call 1-2 matches. Should be fun.
Does Michael Cole call Raw? it would be historic watching the two worst voices in television calling the same thing.

Top Bottom