• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Arc

Yep. He's a huge fan, it's the RAW before WrestleMania (WWE's Super Bowl), and WWE craves whatever mainstream attention they can get. He'll be joining the commentators booth to call 1-2 matches. Should be fun.

Yeah I'll have to watch this. Is RAW still on USA (the TV channel)?

bionic77

Yep. He's a huge fan, it's the RAW before WrestleMania (WWE's Super Bowl), and WWE craves whatever mainstream attention they can get. He'll be joining the commentators booth to call 1-2 matches. Should be fun.
Simmons is fucking horrible on tv.

His NBA show was the worst. His jokes didn't work and he didn't know how to express himself without going on for 10 minutes.

Wrestling seems like it is much harder to do than sports. I expect him to really suck.

brentech

With Tramon Williams and Devon House gone, the Packers need Casey Hayward to come to the forefront. Crazy good nickel back his rookie season in 2012. Missed the majority of 2013 with hamstring issue. 2014 kind of up and down.
Kid has ball skills though and has shown a willingness to make a tackle.

CrazyGaseousAmericanratsnake.gif

Really curious if they move him outside like they eventually did with Shields after he started in the nickel/slot scheme.

Respect

Glad Kentucky made it in undefeated...feel like they would have just waltzed to the title game...chances are they will still end up there, but I doubt it will be as easy if they didn't have perfection on the line.

...and now I'm sad.

EDIT: I'll be surprised if Gonzaga makes it to the sweet 16...have they even ever made it to a final four?

Konka

Banned
I saw what I thought was a guy pissing against a wall among the Paddy's chaos yesterday when in fact it was a guy standing in front of a girl crouched down pissing. That was at noon.

Bowser

Who do you guys have in your Final Four's? I've got Kentucky, UNC, Michigan St, and Duke with Kentucky winning it all, obvs.

What I think happens: Kentucky, Zona, Nova, Duke with UK over Duke

Title game will be my nightmare.

What I picked for pool purposes: UK, Zona, Nova, Duke with Zona over Duke

effzee

Yeah that's what I meant. I didn't say the Eagles were a bad o-line. Just Demarco is injury prone, and the true o-line stats are hidden behind Chip's offense. Eagles offense wasn't the issue last year, it was the defense. PF reference says they were 22nd in points allowed.

Add that Demarco is a between the tackles runner and not a McCoy/Forte which is what the offense is built for, it's going to be interesting to see how the Eagles are next year.

Unless Dal gets AP, the division is gonna be between whether Giants are terrible or good versus the Eagles new roster.

Eagles offense wasn't the issue overall but they were pretty mediocre in the Redzone especially goaline. The thought is Murray can bruise his way in.

Sproles will be used as the primary back out of the backfield for screens and receptions.

gutshot

What I think happens: Kentucky, Zona, Nova, Duke with UK over Duke

Title game will be my nightmare.

What I picked for pool purposes: UK, Zona, Nova, Duke with Zona over Duke

3 1 seeds and a 2? Seems unlikely given past history. But I guess this year's tourney is more top-heavy than in years past.

Gut feeling right now is Kansas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Iowa State, but I haven't watched much CBB this year

I'll probably change this tonight.

Bowser

3 1 seeds and a 2? Seems unlikely given past history. But I guess this year's tourney is more top-heavy than in years past.

No one's picking against UK.

Wisconsin and Zona are the class of the West. I think UNC (alma mater whatup) can hang with those two, but they are in a class below. I have UNC over Wisky (homer pick), but I can't see them beating Zona in a potential Elite 8 matchup in LA.

East region is the most wide open I think. I have the least faith in Nova. However, UVa hasn't looked good since Anderson got injured, Oklahoma is a Jekyll and Hyde team, and UL hasn't looked great since Jones got kicked off the team. I picked Nova by default, although I wouldn't be surprised if a sleeper like UNI or Mich St. does damage in that bracket. Just not something I'm going to pick.

South region sets up as a cake walk for Duke. Only competition I can see for them in that bracket is Iowa State. I don't see Gonzaga making it past the Sweet 16. Georgetown is severely overseeded as a 4, I have them losing in the first round.

This seems to be the most top-heavy NCAAT since 2008, which if you recall, was the first tournament in a long time with all four 1 seeds making the Final Four.

eznark

Banned
No one's picking against UK.

Wisconsin and Zona are the class of the West. I think UNC (alma mater whatup) can hang with those two, but they are in a class below. I have UNC over Wisky (homer pick), but I can't see them beating Zona in a potential Elite 8 matchup in LA.

East region is the most wide open I think. I have the least faith in Nova. However, UVa hasn't looked good since Anderson got injured, Oklahoma is a Jekyll and Hyde team, and UL hasn't looked great since Jones got kicked off the team. I picked Nova by default, although I wouldn't be surprised if a sleeper like UNI or Mich St. does damage in that bracket. Just not something I'm going to pick.

South region sets up as a cake walk for Duke. Only competition I can see for them in that bracket is Iowa State. I don't see Gonzaga making it past the Sweet 16. Georgetown is severely overseeded as a 4, I have them losing in the first round.

This seems to be the most top-heavy NCAAT since 2008, which if you recall, was the first tournament in a long time with all four 1 seeds making the Final Four.

Baylor+Bears+v+Nebraska+Cornhuskers+iOG4ICPMHLol.jpg

ShaneB

I'll root for whatever underdog is playing, even then I generally don't pay much attention until the sweet sixteen and watch those games.

Spinluck

Start running in the morning you slob

Mornings really are the best time to run

Too bad I'm not waking up that fucking early. Maybe when summer comes around, and I don't mean maybe as in never. Need some new shoes though.

Ill tell you whats good about (some) mornings.
Getting up at 4 AM, grabbing fishing gear, hooking up the boat, and going out fishing in the swamp. Early morning its crisp and quiet and just gorgeous out there. By noon in summer though its kind of like being in hell.

I used to go fishing with my dad. Never caught shit but I miss not having any responsibilities. Good thing I'm not crazy enough to get married!

Spinluck

Start lifting with me Spin, we will go on the Luck hair growth regimen and the Stafford-certified diet!! Nothin' but GAINS

I am in need of a gym bro. And I do need to put on some gains. Let's do it!

We can then wow the ladies with our dance moves and build like Wussle, and take them out to dinner so you can impress them with your hefty and very generous doctor like tips!

I will just open up my wallet so they can see all of my debit cards (3 of which are just for show) and assume I have money and that I'm financially responsible. Just before I pull one out you then you beat me to the punch! We'll be the ultimate duo.

RBH is not invited.

gutshot

Ike Reese is claiming that if the Eagles cant trade Barkley soon they will cut him, and they are definitely going to sign Tebow. Cant wait!

Don't really understand why they would cut Barkley now or why they would need to get rid of him before signing Tebow. They need bodies for camp anyway, may as well let him compete with Tebow or whomever for that 3rd QB spot.

Replacing Revis with Fletcher

Somehow Fletcher will pull a Patrick Chung and find talent from nowhere.

Don't really understand why they would cut Barkley now or why they would need to get rid of him before signing Tebow. They need bodies for camp anyway, may as well let him compete with Tebow or whomever for that 3rd QB spot.

They'd have 5 QBs then. Bradford, Sanchez, Barkley, GJ Kinne and Tebow. Seems excessive to have that many, someone has to get cut.

Top Bottom