• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Geoff Schwartz restructured his contract with the Giants. Saving them 2.1 million in cap space. Most of the restructure was in per game bonuses so he's going to have earn that money back on the field:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/03/giants_restructure_geoff_schwartzs_contract_will_m.html

Schwartz had his base salary cut from $3.675 million to $1.675 million. He'll get a chance to earn $1.5 million back in per game roster bonuses. Schwartz also had $500K of his 2016 salary guaranteed.

The net result is a salary cap charge of $2.845 million this year. He was set to count $4.975 million. The $2.13 million savings puts the Giants $9,157,931 under the cap, according to NFLPA record.

cajunator

Banned
Mornings really are the best time to run

Too bad I'm not waking up that fucking early. Maybe when summer comes around, and I don't mean maybe as in never. Need some new shoes though.

I used to go fishing with my dad. Never caught shit but I miss not having any responsibilities. Good thing I'm not crazy enough to get married!

We catch a whole lot of brim and sunfish and if we are lucky, sacalait.
you have to be careful though because there are alligator gars and choupique in there and they are both basically prehistoric large fish and they ruin tackle.
alligators are in there too but they normally swim away unless you mess with them.
Best thing about small freshwater fishing in Louisiana is no limits. You can catch any size and any amount of fish.

Arrest Pool update! Nobody scores!

Arrest Pool said:
******************2015 NFL OFFSEASON ARREST POOL******************

Here are the current contenders in the Arrest Pool 2015:

Rando
10. Jimmy Haslam
9. John Manziel
8. Josh Gordon
7. LeGarrette Blount
6. Isaiah Crowell
5. Trent Richardson
4. Donte Whitner
3. Barkevious Mingo
2. Brandon Merriweather
1. Peyton Manning

Chuckddd
10 - Suggs
9 - Ngata
8 - Canty
7 - D Smith
6 - J Smith
5 - Webb
4 - Elam
3 - Dumbervil
2 - S Smith Sr
1 - Josh Brown

Bread
10. James Harrison
9. Steve Smith
8. Wes Welker
7. Michael Bennett
6. Lagarrette Blount
5. Johnathan Pigskin
4. Matt Prater
3. Doug Baldwin
2. Antonio Cromartie
1. Ryan Mallett

MetalFearSolid
10. Manziel ( probably assaulting another fan)
9. Gronk (DUI) Gronks partying
8. Geno Smith(DUI) too much partying with ROC Nation members at Jay Z's clubs
7. Jameis Winston (stealing shrimp this time around)
6. Aldon Smith(possession of weapon again)
5. Mike Evans ( assault on fan)
4. Dez Bryant(DUI)
3. Von Miller (drug possession) please no Von!
2. Trent Richardson ( not sure)
1. Josh Gordon if he doesn't get the year ban

Grover Cleveland
10- Johnny Manziel
9- Aldon Smith
8- Terrell Suggs
7- Eric Wright
6- Elvis Dumervil
5- Josh Gordon
4- Justin Blackmon
3- James Harrison
2- Jameis Winston
1- Ryan Mallett

JABEE
10. Johnny Manziel
9. Jameis Winston
8. Justin Blackmon
7. Aldon Smith
6. Josh Gordon
5. Greg Hardy
4. Adrian Peterson
3. Dez Bryant
2. Wes Welker
1. Terrell Suggs

Squicken
10. Riley Cooper
9. Dez
8. Gordon
7. Blackmon
6. Praeter
5. D Murray
4. Mallett
3. Honey Badger
2. Janoris Jenkins
1. Jameis Winston

BaltimoreLarry
10. Jim Irsay
9. Rob Gronkowski
8. Johnny Manziel
7. Dorial Green-Beckham
6. Daryl Washington
5. Jameis Winston
4. Vontaze Burfict
3. Aldon Smith
2. Will Hill
1. Nigel Bradham

BigAT
10 - Will Hill
9 - Aldon Smith
8 - Ray McDonald
7 - Josh Gordon
6 - Jameis Winston
5 - Julian Edelman
4 - Dorial Green-Beckham
3 - LeGarrette Blount
2 - Manziel
1 - Eli Manning (for stealing America's heart)

Tom Penny

Fletcher is a bum isn't he? The ESPN article I read seemed wrong. It said he had 26 pass deflection which seems ridiculous in a year so I'm assuming his career.

manfestival

You can do it bro. Try to make one improvement (like cutting soda) then adjust to that a bit, then do another. Might help to make it gradual

Also if you can cut out sweets for a few weeks you will adjust to wanting them less

I went balls deep and I have managed ok. The only times it has been bad is when I dont have a snack and I am starving. Currently on week 4 of my "dieting" and working out. I am not particularly strict on my diet. Just trying to take a more "common sense" approach with portions and food options. I went from drinking a soda or two a day, 1 energy drink a day, fast food(checkers, arbys, mcdonalds, and taco bell mostly), to picking smarter healthier items and not having had a soda/energy drink since I started this whole thing.

Konka

Banned
Dominos-50-off-pizza.jpg

Hammer24

Banned
You should wait for MRSA to respond, I think he's a season seat holder.

I am not. I am German, but regularly flying over to watch them play. The mail I got looks official (@buccaneers.nfl.com account), and they make it look like a special offer for people who aren´t season tix holders yet.
Just wondering if others got this too?

I'm confused on how he has so many passed defended. I haven't heard anything good so meh I supposed until he proves otherwise. Apparently he loved getting scored on..

Because pretty much every pass went his way. Actually he did deflect a lot of passes, the biggest problem was that he would give up a huge play in almost every game. He was terrible defending deep balls. He's pathetic one on one. With safety help he's passable.

Konka

Banned
I'm confused on how he has so many passed defended. I haven't heard anything good so meh I supposed until he proves otherwise. Apparently he loved getting scored on..

Probably because opposing teams disproportionally threw the ball at him because he isn't good.

cajunator

Banned
I went balls deep and I have managed ok. The only times it has been bad is when I dont have a snack and I am starving. Currently on week 4 of my "dieting" and working out. I am not particularly strict on my diet. Just trying to take a more "common sense" approach with portions and food options. I went from drinking a soda or two a day, 1 energy drink a day, fast food(checkers, arbys, mcdonalds, and taco bell mostly), to picking smarter healthier items and not having had a soda/energy drink since I started this whole thing.

eat avocados for a snack and drink coconut water.

zychi

Banned
If I buy tickets to a show, and the date is rescheduled, and the site says I can get a refund at "point of purchase," does that mean I have to go to the physical box office, or can I just call up and ask for a refund?

Sanjuro

If I buy tickets to a show, and the date is rescheduled, and the site says I can get a refund at "point of purchase," does that mean I have to go to the physical box office, or can I just call up and ask for a refund?

You have to go to Bill Cosby's house and get your money back.

ampere

Coconut water has a lot of potassium, but it's still calories. It's best to not drink your calories because eating and chewing will make you feel more full and give you less of a snacking urge.

Pretty sure that means you should be able to get a refund where you made the purchase. But they'll probably want you to go to the box office. :/

Tom Penny

In fairness he was asked to go one on one with Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson, and Jordy Nelson. Anyone would struggle doing that.

Luckily they play them and Beckham lol

And when did I miss Trent saying he's the next Marshawn Lynch?

I'll be one of the top running backs from here on out," he said, via ESPN Colts reporter Mike Wells. "They ruled Marshawn Lynch off in his third year. Look at what he's doing now. My next stop, I'll be the starter. I still have pride and I know who I am."

Mindlog

Today is the day Hardy. Don't be stupid.
Play for revenge twice a year.

G/A/F
Man runs in to burning house to save dog.
Is successful.
Pic

effzee

Somehow Fletcher will pull a Patrick Chung and find talent from nowhere.

Ha same thing I was thinking! And just playing in a better system/coaching and with McCourty helping him out he will be better thanh he ever was with the Eagles.

Both Williams now Seattle and Fletcher will look world's better.

It's also why it's so important the Eagles finally find their guy at Safety.

Draxal

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 2m2 minutes ago
Giants to sign former Jets DL Kenrick Ellis to a one-year deal, source says.

Top Bottom