• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 3m3 minutes ago
Solid. RT @BryanBroaddus: Getting serious at Valley Ranch to sign Hardy. Cap guys making a run for lunch to his favorite spot. Whatabugar.

mmmmm Whataburger.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 3m3 minutes ago
The Patriots proposed to the competition committee to have fixed cameras on the field, including on goal posts. A Belichick staple

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 52s52 seconds ago
Belichick has talked about this for a decade. RT @ArmandoSalguero The Patriots propose more fixed cameras on the field, including goal line.

Bill is just trolling at this point.

zychi

Banned
I've been saying it for YEARS. Put a fucking camera on/in (in to prevent injury if a guy falls on it) the pylons. You have the technology its technically out of bounds like the goal post camera, just plug it in for the whole game.

MechDX

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna · 53s54 seconds ago
Dallas sources tell me it's a done deal. Greg Hardy will be a Cowboy.

Colasante

Dallas sources tell me it's a done deal. Greg Hardy will be a Cowboy.

He's a terrible person, but I like the move by Dallas. Buying low on a high-impact player is not a typical Jerry Jones move, but it will probably pay off for them.

this_guy

Coconut water has a lot of potassium, but it's still calories. It's best to not drink your calories because eating and chewing will make you feel more full and give you less of a snacking urge.

Getting calories from fats and proteins will satiate you/make you feel full. Getting calories from carbs/sugar will leave you hungry and you'll eat more. That's why low carb diets work - people replace calories from carbs with calories from fats and proteins.

MechDX

Adam Rank ‏@adamrank · 30s31 seconds ago
If the Colts are going to advocate XFL-type of rules changes, can we at least get nicknames on the jerseys again?

CAZnKtUVAAAEyEo.jpg

yes!

zychi

Banned
He's a terrible person, but I like the move by Dallas. Buying low on a high-impact player is not a typical Jerry Jones move, but it will probably pay off for them.

He left a roster spot open for a DUI murderer. This isn't the worst thing Jerruh has ever done.

Get a trifecta by getting AP, and then sign Tsizzle when his contract up. Become the new Raiders

ampere

Bill is always proposing new rules. I agree with his stuff about extra points, either get rid of them or make them interesting. I guess they work well with commercial breaks so that might be a hard thing to change.

To be fair, putting more cameras on the field is absolutely a good idea. You can never have too many angles for replays.

But considering BB's history, it's always going to be ironic.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Getting calories from fats and proteins will satiate you/make you feel full. Getting calories from carbs/sugar will leave you hungry and you'll eat more. That's why low carb diets work - people replace calories from carbs with calories from fats and proteins.

It always blows my mind that people are unwilling to accept the idea of ketosis.

bionic77

They bought me a new PC at work, but I don't feel like setting it up and installing everything. I probably should though because this PC is from 2008 and still running Windows XP.
Wasn't XP old as fuck in 2008?

That OS is such a piece of shit. Your PC must have a billion viruses by now. I started liking Windows again when I started using 7 (what my current office PC runs, all my personal shit is OS X). Then again our office has been crushed by a few big viruses on 7. But it feels like the PCs are just so much more stable on 7 and they finally caught up to Apple in the ways that I value.

Hope the new PC comes with a new monitor. You will be amazed what they have done in the last 10 years!

And fuck more cameras. And double fuck the cunts. The game is slow enough has it is. Instead of putting in a ton of cameras and slowing the game down even more how about firing refs who continually fuck shit up and training and hiring better ones? That will result in better calls and a faster overall game. In tennis they have replay too but that shit is so rarely overturned because their umpires are not blind morons (it probably also helps that the rules and field of play are much simpler and smaller).

Wasn't XP old as fuck in 2008?

That OS is such a piece of shit. Your PC must have a billion viruses by now. I started liking Windows again when I started using 7 (what my current office PC runs, all my personal shit is OS X). Then again our office has been crushed by a few big viruses on 7. But it feels like the PCs are just so much more stable on 7 and they finally caught up to Apple in the ways that I value.

Hope the new PC comes with a new monitor. You will be amazed what they have done in the last 10 years!

And fuck more cameras. And double fuck the cunts. The game is slow enough has it is. Instead of putting in a ton of cameras and slowing the game down even more how about firing refs who continually fuck shit up and training and hiring better ones? That will result in better calls and a faster overall game. In tennis they have replay too but that shit is so rarely overturned because their umpires are not blind morons (it probably also helps that the rules and field of play are much simpler and smaller).

Windows Vista came out in 2007, so yeah, XP was already old then. XP Pro was probably still better than Vista though. No viruses on my system, though we did have a hack on our mail server about two-three years ago, so we decided to just use a service for that. I'm a software developer so viruses are like a non-issue for me personally.

At home I have a $1400 gaming machine running windows 8.1 with two 24" ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitors. It makes me hate my work machine even more. The big thing is setting up my development environment, IDE, and all the software I need is annoying as fuck and takes hours and I don't feel like doing it even though all I have done at work today is browse interwebs.

bionic77

I guess the Ravens feel that a DUI is significantly worse than murder or beating hell out of a broad.
Maybe they think that sometimes murder and domestic abuse is deserved based on what preceded the action whereas DUI is entirely within the control of the offender?

eznark

Banned
Maybe they think that sometimes murder and domestic abuse is deserved based on what preceded the action whereas DUI is entirely within the control of the offender?

If I had to live in Baltimore I would self-medicate with booze too, so really this is the Ravens fault.

ampere

Instead of putting in a ton of cameras and slowing the game down even more how about firing refs who continually fuck shit up and training and hiring better ones? That will result in better calls and a faster overall game. In tennis they have replay too but that shit is so rarely overturned because their umpires are not blind morons (it probably also helps that the rules and field of play are much simpler and smaller).

Refs have a strong union brah

Good luck with that. Lest we repeat

bionic77

If I had to live in Baltimore I would self-medicate with booze too, so really this is the Ravens fault.
I am pretty sure the drugs of choice in that shit hole are crack and heroin so those would probably be your preferred method of avoiding reality.

I am no expert on the matter though and will defer to the 40 or so posters on NFL GAF who are drug addicted degenerates and so are much better suited to answer intelligently on this topic.

bionic77

I forgot to mention the good news.

I befriended a super nerd who fixed my PS3.

When my son was around 2 (I honestly don't remember when), he dumped a bunch of coins into the slot loader of the PS3. It obviously was a death sentence and the machine died around the time the PS4 came out (though it kept chugging for more than a year after this so props to sony), so I bought that to replace it as a my preferred blu ray and netflix player (which the PS3 was a boss at).

Now the super nerd offered to fix my PS3 for free. He removed all the coins and did something to the laser, which was scratched. He is bringing it by tomorrow. I am going to leave the PS3 in the basement for the kids to fuck up and keep the PS4 in my office where it belongs (after I get a nice swivel and install a tv on the wall).

Finally some good news this year!

When my son was around 2 (I honestly don't remember when), he dumped a bunch of coins into the slot loader of the PS3. It obviously was a death sentence and the machine died around the time the PS4 came out (though it kept chugging for more than a year after this so props to sony), so I bought that to replace it as a my preferred blu ray and netflix player (which the PS3 was a boss at).

Now the super nerd offered to fix my PS3 for free. He removed all the coins and did something to the laser, which was scratched. He is bringing it by tomorrow. I am going to leave the PS3 in the basement for the kids to fuck up and keep the PS4 in my office where it belongs (after I get a nice swivel and install a tv on the wall).

if you get excited about shit like this... makes me scared of old age.

man 4 more years till I'm 30.... i need to go full gronk before i turn into old man who happy he gets his ps3 fix.

I'm glad things worked out!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
It's a one-year deal for Greg Hardy in Dallas, that can be worth up to $13.1 million but that has a minimum base salary.

Gigglepoo

Hooray! The Cowboys made it easy to root against them again! Now they should sign Adrian Peterson to make them the undisputed most hated team in the NFL.

Top Bottom