• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

bigosc2k

Banned
I forgot to mention the good news.

I befriended a super nerd who fixed my PS3.

When my son was around 2 (I honestly don't remember when), he dumped a bunch of coins into the slot loader of the PS3. It obviously was a death sentence and the machine died around the time the PS4 came out (though it kept chugging for more than a year after this so props to sony), so I bought that to replace it as a my preferred blu ray and netflix player (which the PS3 was a boss at).

Now the super nerd offered to fix my PS3 for free. He removed all the coins and did something to the laser, which was scratched. He is bringing it by tomorrow. I am going to leave the PS3 in the basement for the kids to fuck up and keep the PS4 in my office where it belongs (after I get a nice swivel and install a tv on the wall).

Finally some good news this year!
That's pretty fucking awesome. I may not have kids of my own, but do have nieces and a nephew that live with me and I keep my ps4 in a safe location.

rando14

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Dallas gave DE Greg Hardy a one-year, $11.3 million deal that could be worth up to $13.116 million.

Pretty cool of Dallas to leak all that shit about Dez and stick him with the Franchise tag then give Greg Hardy $11+ million

Had a Windows phone. It has a great UI but lacks everywhere else.

Paging Jon! Paging Jon!

I really hate that guy.

I love the man. Just need to get his snap count down a bit so he isn't on the field 99% of the time. Plus he's the ultimate Jets Killer, what's not to love.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
Greg Hardy has agreed to terms with the Cowboys.

giphy.gif

Greg Hardy looks like a bad bad man. (He also threw his girl in a mountain of guns, so he probably is a bad man, but he sure is an intimitating looking motherfucker)

bionic77

if you get excited about shit like this... makes me scared of old age.

man 4 more years till I'm 30.... i need to go full gronk before i turn into old man who happy he gets his ps3 fix.
What shit do you get excited over? The fact that some barista at Starbucks smiles at you leading you to write an embarrassing thread in OT about how you just fell in love?

I think my excitement over a dead console, which I liked, being brought back to life is well warranted. Its not quite the same as hitting the game winner in a game @ the Y or skunking Greg in ping pong, but it still something most would describe as being pretty awesome!

Thank God we didn't end up signing Hardy

*prays
Lets pray he goes to the Jets and makes up for his past sins by severely injuring several Patriot players.

We can all agree that would be enough to make up for his past crimes and warrant a jersey on the wall of your basement.

What shit do you get excited over? The fact that some barista at Starbucks smiles at you leading you to write an embarrassing thread in OT about how you just fell in love?

I think my excitement over a dead console, which I liked, being brought back to life is well warranted. Its not quite the same as hitting the game winner in a game @ the Y or skunking Greg in ping pong, but it still something most would describe as being pretty awesome!

Lets pray he goes to the Jets and makes up for his past sins by severely injuring several Patriot players.

We can all agree that would be enough to make up for his past crimes and warrant a jersey on the wall of your basement.

Scummy lawyer says scummy things, more at 11.

ampere

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Dallas gave DE Greg Hardy a one-year, $11.3 million deal that could be worth up to $13.116 million.

Pretty cool of Dallas to leak all that shit about Dez and stick him with the Franchise tag then give Greg Hardy $11+ million

Jerry's world

bionic I hope your kids are Pats fans when they grow up

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
And with Dallas paying Greg Hardy $11.3 million, makes it incredibly difficult to now acquire Adrian Peterson.

Hardy vanishes like no other (see 2013 NFC Divisional against the Niners) but when he's on, he's a fucking handful (see 2013 6 sack game against the Falcons)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

When my son was around 2 (I honestly don't remember when), he dumped a bunch of coins into the slot loader of the PS3. It obviously was a death sentence and the machine died around the time the PS4 came out (though it kept chugging for more than a year after this so props to sony), so I bought that to replace it as a my preferred blu ray and netflix player (which the PS3 was a boss at).

Now the super nerd offered to fix my PS3 for free. He removed all the coins and did something to the laser, which was scratched. He is bringing it by tomorrow. I am going to leave the PS3 in the basement for the kids to fuck up and keep the PS4 in my office where it belongs (after I get a nice swivel and install a tv on the wall).

Praise Tebow.

Respect

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
And with Dallas paying Greg Hardy $11.3 million, makes it incredibly difficult to now acquire Adrian Peterson.

Hardy vanishes like no other (see 2013 NFC Divisional against the Niners) but when he's on, he's a fucking handful (see 2013 6 sack game against the Falcons)

Hmm, $11.3 mil for probably 10 games...Picked up $13 mil for playing 1 game last year. I don't even think he will be that effective until late in the season this year. There is a lesson here, I just don't think I like it.

Bowser

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 7m7 minutes ago
Greg Hardy's salary is $750K. Workout bonus of $1.3116M. $9.25M in per-game roster bonuses. $1.3116M in incentives based on sacks.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago
Also, Greg Hardy's contract has a no-franchise/transition clause. He'll be a free agent in 2016.

Correction on Greg Hardy terms: Incentives are $1.8044M for sacks, not $1.3116M. Total potential deal is $13.116M.

Bowser

After all that negotiating, a one year deal is a bit disappointing. Suppose we could just franchise Hardy next season.

Nope. No franchise/transition tag clause built into contract:

Also, Greg Hardy's contract has a no-franchise/transition clause. He'll be a free agent in 2016.

Nope. No franchise/transition tag clause built into contract:

:(

And Hardy has to be active for at least ten games for the Panthers to be eligible for a comp pick in 2016.

Watch him be suspended for 7
I think we play you game 7 so either the pick or you don't have to face him

Bowser

Stephen Jones with that smart cap structuring:

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 4m4 minutes ago
At $578,125 per game, only that amount, plus $750,000 salary, plus $1.311M workout bonus counts on Cap. Cap number of $2.64 million.

This helps the Cowboys. Greg can beat up Dez' mom for him, and in return Dez can beat up Greg's GF for him, and they avoid any domestic violence issues.

I guess the Ravens feel that a DUI is significantly worse than murder or beating hell out of a broad.

Maybe they think that sometimes murder and domestic abuse is deserved based on what preceded the action whereas DUI is entirely within the control of the offender?

Pierce and Rice their problem is that they are not very good. IF you're good, the Ravens will keep you regardless. Hell, they'll build you a goddamn statue.

Ray Lewis did not murder anyone.

Stephen Jones with that smart cap structuring:

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 4m4 minutes ago
At $578,125 per game, only that amount, plus $750,000 salary, plus $1.311M workout bonus counts on Cap. Cap number of $2.64 million.

But Schefter said we won't be able to afford Peterson now. lol

Plus when he decides to shoot up the office he'll spare you.

Bowser

I'm fine rooting against players on my team if I don't like them. Heck, I'm a Pacers fan. I hated Ron Artest.

What if there was a video of the incident?

There won't be anything, it happened in his apartment. No one saw anything, and he paid her off to not show up at the jury trial:

Holder posted messages to her Facebook account showing her snowmobiling in Vail, Colo., shopping in Atlanta, and in New York’s Grand Central Station the following day.

“For the past several months, the alleged victim, Nicole Holder, has made herself completely unavailable to the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office for the purpose of preparing for trial,” a statement by the DA’s office said. “The District Attorney’s office has collaborated with numerous law enforcement agencies around the State and taken extraordinary measures to locate Ms. Holder and serve her with a subpoena to appear for court.”

A Dec. 8 post had her dining in Colorado, then snowmobiling in Vail. On Dec. 22, she was shopping at Lenox Mall in Atlanta, and was in New York City the next day.

The former nightclub bartender apparently had the means to travel, considering the DA’s office said they had “reliable information” that Holder reached a civil settlement with Hardy prior to his court date

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-greg-hardys-accuser-as-she-was-out-of-town/

Pathetic that you don't even consider his victim a person. Probably how he feels too.

The court systems don't consider them a victim either, since they attacked Ray's friends (who knows where Ray was at the time? Around the corner? In the limo? Taking his white suit to Goodwill? No one knows), and died at the hands of the people they intended to harm. Self defense. By Ray's friends. It's a shame such a righteous man still has deal with these allegations. But as we all know what it says in the Bible....

Mark 11:25 said:
...if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

Bowser

Bowser, mate, how's Hardy against the run?

He's a very good run defender. PFF said this going into last season:

41. Greg Hardy, DE, Carolina Panthers (86th)

Hardy earned himself the Panthers franchise tag with his best year to date, taking a step forward from his 2012 breakout year. Ending the season extremely strongly, he was the type of defensive end who would feast on tackles that showed any weakness, three times picking up three sacks in a game. What’s more, he was relentless against the run with six games graded in the green and the ninth most defensive stops against the run of his peers.

Best Performance: Week 17, CAR @ ATL, +7.2

Key Stat: One of three defensive ends to walk away with a pass rushing and run defense grades above +10.0.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/14/pffs-top-101-of-2013-50-to-41/

Top Bottom