• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Great piece written by Ravens lineman John Urschel about his thoughts on Chris Borland's retirement, and playing football in general:

Why I Play Football

If you don't know about Urschel, he's another late round Ozzie gem who filled in on our line last year and looks to be a starter in the next few years when we have to let Osemele or Yanda walk. He's also a math genius:

John Urschel @MathMeetsFball said:
My paper, A Cascadic Multigrid Algorithm for Computing the Fiedler Vector..., has been published in the Journal of Computational Mathematics

His twitter handle is @MathMeetsFball....that dude loves math.

Not all the Ravens are getting DUIs or getting arrested for other things.

To be fair though, Suh is the best defensive player of all time.

Bingo. Clay is out the door so they've got some money to burn, a few 1 year deals to vets isn't going to hurt anything. We are at the point in FA where the good players are accounted for anyway.

While I'm glad the Dolphins did not match that terrible contract, it still bugs me that a Dolphins player signed with the Bills. Did that bother you guys at all?

Fine maybe sucks was the wrong word, but he's not a number 1 receiver and isn't a redzone guy, which is what we are lacking. Even with Wallace we still needed that big redzone target. I would rather select a LB/CB with that first pick or even move back and pick up another draft pick and a G farther down but apparently Tannenbaum likes to be aggressive in the draft/trades so I wouldn't put it past them to get a WR at 14 or even move up to get one.

I have a feeling we are going to draft a WR with our pick. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down to get an offensive lineman.

rando14

Great piece written by Ravens lineman John Urschel about his thoughts on Chris Borland's retirement, and playing football in general:

Why I Play Football

If you don't know about Urschel, he's another late round Ozzie gem who filled in on our line last year and looks to be a starter in the next few years when we have to let Osemele or Yanda walk. He's also a math genius:

Wow this dude sounds impressive, seems like a super cool dude...

Wait a minute

John Cameron Urschel is a Canadian-born American football offensive guard

*PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKES

In Miami's more vertical offense Crabtree will be pretty good. He had more catches than Mike Wallace last year!

The idea he sucks is totally baffling to me though. 68 catches and 700 yards with Krap as your QB in a run first offense is nothing to sneeze at.

Dolphins drafted Landry in the second last year right? You seriously want them to take a first day wide out? you guys deserve your team.
To be fair, I made fun of myself for wanting a WR at 14.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156277690&postcount=16569

Dolphins haven't drafted a solid #1 since Chris Chambers. I want Tannehill to have a security blanket like Stafford, Dalton, Ryan, Romo, Rodgers, etc. have. All of those guys have a #1 WR drafted in the 1st outside of Rodgers who has two drafted in the 2nd (plus the Packers are just amazing at drafting WR's). I know you like to pretend like WR's are all "just guys" but even Cobb and Nelson were high draft picks.

While I'm glad the Dolphins did not match that terrible contract, it still bugs me that a Dolphins player signed with the Bills. Did that bother you guys at all?
Yeah, especially a Bills team coached by Rex Ryan.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow this dude sounds impressive, seems like a super cool dude...

Wait a minute

*PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKES

I was ready to come in guns ablazing but then I saw it.

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Milchjon

Why I Play Football

tl:dr

I'm so smart
I'm so frugal
I'm so passionate

#MeJelly :-(

cdyhybrid

Mike Salk, 710 ESPN @TheMikeSalk · 55m 55 minutes ago
.@TerryBlountESPN tells us that the Hawks are very close to a deal with Russell Wilson. How will that change the team? Discussing now.

Tom Penny

Mel Kiper did an NFL redraft for 2009 and listed Edelman as the 4th pick. I thought it was a joke then looked at the 1st round picks that year. Holy crap that was a horrible class.

cdyhybrid

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 37s37 seconds ago
BREAKING: Thunder remove Kevin Durant from all basketball activities. There is no timetable for his return.

56NuBoi.jpg

Go to the Wizards, Kevin. That state and that fanbase don't deserve you. Westbrook needs to leave for the Lakers too.

ampere

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 37s37 seconds ago
BREAKING: Thunder remove Kevin Durant from all basketball activities. There is no timetable for his return.

http://i.imgur.com/56NuBoi.jpg[IMG]

Go to the Wizards, Kevin. That state and that fanbase don't deserve you. Westbrook needs to leave for the Lakers too.[/QUOTE]

KD still needs to make peace with Lil' B or he has no championship hope anyway

Top Bottom