• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Slo

why is everyone acting like a 24 year with a college education is doomed because he left football. Dude has options, and it doesn't even have to be coaching.
You don't need a couple mil a year to be making it in this world.

I don't know a thing about the guy, but my assumption is that he's an ambitious, entrepreneurial type that thinks he eventually can overcome the loss of the money that he'd be making by running his face into walls over and over.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He's back and hunting for kats and ghosts!

steelers_james_harrison_slams_browns_fan.jpg

brentech

Who is acting like he is doomed? Pretty much all the discussion surrounding his decision has been overwhelmingly positive.

Just the tone of some of the posts on here since it all went down.
Which....doesn't hold much value, I just find myself laughing at it.

I don't know a thing about the guy, but my assumption is that he's an ambitious, entrepreneurial type that thinks he eventually can overcome the loss of the money that he'd be making by running his face into walls over and over.

He obviously has a huge platform from being in the league and making his choice. I just don't think he needs to stand on that platform to do well for himself, as some people have alluded to.

Tom Penny

Browns are going to surprise people now that they have Bowe

“The Browns were the perfect situation from the fan base to the style of offense and the way I’ll be utilized to help the team go to the next level,”

Just the tone of some of the posts on here since it all went down.
Which....doesn't hold much value, I just find myself laughing at it.

He obviously has a huge platform from being in the league and making his choice. I just don't think he needs to stand on that platform to do well for himself, as some people have alluded to.

i don't think it's necessarily "doomed" vs. just the amount of money. borland does have a history degree which isn't worth much compared to an NFL salary (even a minimum), let alone vs. borlands trajectory into one of the better ILB's where he would have gotten a huge payday.

but i agree that its obvious borland doesn't need the money or he wouldn't have retired. and if you don't need the money why would you risk your health?

zychi

Banned

“The Browns were the perfect situation from the fan base to the style of offense and the way I’ll be utilized to help the team go to the next level,”

No they wont. They're the Browns. They never do anything but be shitty.

Bread

Banned

The Browns are quietly going to go next level

Malalaw

So we are all gonna get together online and play some Mortal Kombat next month right? Get a GAF lobby together if they have King of the Hill back.

Draxal

I was saying a lawsuit.

I don't think Borland is trying to make the Niners look bad. I think he's just ready to move on.

You did phrase that poorly, it really did seem like you said that the 49ers were heels for accepting the 3/4 bonus, instead of being heels for pursuing it in a "potential"
lawsuit.

Milchjon

On Thanksgiving 2012 the Detroit Lions played the Houston Texans in the infamous Jim Schwartz challange flag game.

Matthew Stafford threw for 31/61, 441 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

He did this with no running game to speak of and no #2 wide reciever.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=321122008&version=mobile&gcSection=boxscore&src=desktop

On February 1st, 2015, Tom Brady lead the New England Patriots to his 4th Super Bowl win.

He did this while Matt Stafford was at home, gorging himself on 441 chicken wings.

I was saying a lawsuit.

I don't think Borland is trying to make the Niners look bad. I think he's just ready to move on.

not sure how he could possibly make the niners look bad. no one would blame the niners for going after money from a player who willing retired without an injury.

Top Bottom