• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

effzee

His performance hadn't declined much at all. He tore a biceps toward the end of the season, and the backups played admirably. He's just a cap casualty, the young guys are cheaper, performed well and got decent playing experience last year with all of the injuries. He'll be good for another year or two I think.

The young guys on the roster are not much younger and no where near his level of play.

I get its a cap casualty but this creates a huge need at G and I think is a cut 1 year too early.

Almost like the needles DeSean cut. Creates a hole and need where there wasn't 1 before.

Surprised to see Herremans cut. He definitely can still play. Guess they really want to clear up some cap room to resign Maclin and still be able to make a run at some pricey free agents (Maxwell and Worilds?).

Also is there now a more sure thing than the Eagles drafting Jake Fisher? He could be an immediate starter at guard and eventually replace Peters at tackle.

Tell me more about this Jake FIsher. Are you talking about at pick 20?

Even with Todd gone Chip should be fired for thinking of drafting a guard at 20 when they have 5 more major needs.

cdyhybrid

Matt Hasselbeck got an extension. What a stud.

Only 3 guys left in the league that got drafted in the 90s. Him, Peyton, and Woodson. All the same draft class.

zychi

Banned
#BlackNBlue

tumblr_inline_nkeezsjAuH1svicb3.jpg

fuck man. its a stupid dress. the sun light changed the color because of the shadows.

are we as a country this fucking stupid?

effzee

Regarding the earlier discussion about the Eagles supposedly mortgaging their future for Mariota and how stupid it might be.

I'd agree if it was say another team that was a complete hot mess (Cleveland) but the Eagles aren't that far off from contention status. Two straight seasons finishing 10-6 with mediocre/average QBs playing much better thanks to Chip and his system.

The D stinks yes but most of it is because of the secondary. The Dline and LBs improved from the year before. The Eagles need to use the best defensive FAs and guys available in the draft to improve the D but there is no plan here to make them into an elite defensive unit.

They aren't going to turn into the 85 Bears by selecting talent for the D yean in and year out in th draft. And especially not when you have an offensive minded coach who came to build a monster offense and not to mimic the 85 bears.

He already was patient and worked with what was available. The D has improved somewhat and should instantaneously improved 10x by adding better CBs and Safeties via FA. They have a very good OLINE, an elite RB, and good to great WRs/TEs group. The time for them is now and Chip truly believes Mariota can take them from a 10-6 team to 12-4, the #1-2 seed in the NFC, and hopefully the SB a potential trade is a no brainer.

Personally always felt the people overvalue some of these picks while undervaluing FA. If you have a smart FO you can use both effectively. Say the Eagles do give up this year's 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st and 3rd - they still have other picks. They still have 20M + in cap room to sign decent to great talent in FA.

Todd H, who they just cut, was a 4th round pick. Trent Cole a 5th round pick. Yeah its tougher to find those guys later and later but that's how you prove your worth as a GM.

With all that said, I'd be just as fine with Chip staying put, using the #20 pick for the best player available, and maybe taking Petty or Hundley in the 3rd round. Ride it out with Foles one more year while you develop his replacement.

My dream off season (Draft and FA combined) :

1. Restructure McCoy and keep him on the team
2. Resign Maclin and B. Graham
3. Cut Riley Cooper
4. SIgn Maxwell and Worilds
5. Draft Mariota or stay put and take Landon Collins or Marcus Peters.

The young guys on the roster are not much younger and no where near his level of play.

I get its a cap casualty but this creates a huge need at G and I think is a cut 1 year too early.

Almost like the needles DeSean cut. Creates a hole and need where there wasn't 1 before.

Tell me more about this Jake FIsher. Are you talking about at pick 20?

Even with Todd gone Chip should be fired for thinking of drafting a guard at 20 when they have 5 more major needs.

You didn't think Gardner played well when Herremans went down? I thought he was more than serviceable considering he had little experience with the 1st team.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-teams-as-potential-destinations-for-adrian/

Officially, the Vikings can now speak to running back Adrian Peterson. Unofficially, it sounds like multiple teams have been talking to someone.

On Thursday, Adrian’s father, Nelson Peterson, told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the elder Peterson has heard “rumors” of three potential destinations for Adrian.

“I’ve heard rumors, Arizona,” Nelson Peterson told Tomasson. “I’ve also heard the rumors of Indianapolis and the Colts, going there with a quarterback the caliber of [Andrew] Luck. I’ve also heard the Cowboys, coming back home with the Cowboys, behind that offensive line that they have.”

I would like to wish Jerruh all the best in his endeavors to get AP in dallas.

MechDX

im not sure why the cards would really want him unless they think ellington isn't their back going forward because of injury issues

It is his dad talking so.........but I could see both the Colts and Cowboys making a play.

Dallas because Jerruh likes to make splashy moves and this would be a Stafford like cannonball.

Colts because Irsay is a coke head and would give up a couple firsts.

1. Restructure McCoy and keep him on the team
2. Resign Maclin and B. Graham
3. Cut Riley Cooper
4. SIgn Maxwell and Worilds
5. Draft Mariota or stay put and take Landon Collins or Marcus Peters.

Cooper's all dead money, as I understand. Zero point to cutting him. Better to bench him.

zychi

Banned
It is his dad talking so.........but I could see both the Colts and Cowboys making a play.

Dallas because Jerruh likes to make splashy moves and this would be a Stafford like cannonball.

Colts because Irsay is a coke head and would give up a couple firsts.

If he's healthy and he goes to either team, they immediately become the favorite. It's not like he's washed up like Rice was

MechDX

Huge grain of salt needed but a poster at the official Texans message board saying a deal with Mallett is done. Team is holding the announcement because there is a storm brewing concerning Andre Johnson and the team would do the announcement as a diversionary tactic if needed if things go south

If Dre is not going to take a pay cut you HAVE to let him go. You save nearly 9 million dollars in cap space by releasing him. Take that money, add another million and target Maclin or Cobb in FA.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Huge grain of salt needed but a poster at the official Texans message board saying a deal with Mallett is done. Team is holding the announcement because there is a storm brewing concerning Andre Johnson and the team would do the announcement as a diversionary tactic if needed if things go south

If Dre is not going to take a pay cut you HAVE to let him go. You save nearly 9 million dollars in cap space by releasing him. Take that money, add another million and target Maclin or Cobb in FA.

sigh

Hope that's not true about AJ but yeah we could maybe come out ahead if he was to go. He'll go somewhere and win his ring next year though.

MechDX

sigh

Hope that's not true about AJ but yeah we could maybe come out ahead if he was to go. He'll go somewhere and win his ring next year though.

I honestly have no clue as to what to believe anymore. Going by what has been said publicly I don't think he is going anywhere. Bob McNair has openly said, numerous times, he wants Dre to retire a Texan. When all is said and done the owner has the final say.

I just can not see paying a #2 WR 16 million dollars this season.

Raiders release S Tyvon Branch. That increases cap space by 3 million and frees up 6.5 million in cash. He just couldn't stay healthy

Kinda dumb. Save 3 million, but take a a 6.5 million dead money hit that doesn't count towards the salary floor, so they're gonna end up paying out more money anyway. Should have just rolled the dice and kept him for one more year imo.

Raiders are going to overpay EVERYONE. Hide your free agents.

Pfft

Top Bottom