• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Sanjuro

I just went to WalMart after work to get some cans of soup. It was pretty dead in there at 6 AM. The self checkout lines are shut down though until later.

It's always odd to be there without babies crying or people walking into you.

...but fuck it! I got my coffee.

bionic77

Sounds like Michael Jordan is officially a billionaire!! I wonder how my dear uncle Bionic feels about this
Being cheap definitely pays off.

See kids if you don't tip, are a miserable bastard, mismanage a NBA team as its owner and ride Scottie Pippens coat tails to 6 championships than you could be a billionaire too!

Oh yeah don't forget to be a horrible father and husband.

RapSheet just tweeted that they won't.

GOOD.

I want to keep him but if not...we can sign 2-3 solid FAs. Vet DT, maybe a CB to replace Mathis, perhaps someone on the o-line. Suh may not be replaceable but I think Tulluch coming back+Austin's defensive scheme will ensure we stop the run regardless. Now it's time to bolster the secondary.

eznark

Banned
So who gets Suh?

Colts or Jets. Colts have one asset, and they will want to keep him literally forever so in real terms it kind of means he costs nothing, they'll be able to make his cap hit "next year" forever. They have basically no other assets. Jets have essentially zero assets. Neither team has any real obligations coming due and neither teams needs a total rebuild. Jets will build their offense via the draft.

If I had to pick one I'd say the Colts. They are definitely the team that would benefit most from the signing, they have a lunatic owner who likes to jerk off in public to roster moves and they have tons of money to burn and no one to burn it on.

Jarnet87

Gotta give McCown props. Talking to media about how much he sucks and owning up to it, wants to continue to work hard and prove he deserves to be a starting QB. I admire the guy, but no amount of work is gonna make him a worthy starter lol. Gotta feel bad for the McCowns of the world. These guys are the definition of professional. They take the job seriously, have that first guy in last guy out mentality with practice, film, etc, unfortunately they just don't have the ability on the field.

MechDX

Colts or Jets. Colts have one asset, and they will want to keep him literally forever so in real terms it kind of means he costs nothing, they'll be able to make his cap hit "next year" forever. They have basically no other assets. Jets have essentially zero assets. Neither team has any real obligations coming due and neither teams needs a total rebuild. Jets will build their offense via the draft.

If I had to pick one I'd say the Colts. They are definitely the team that would benefit most from the signing, they have a lunatic owner who likes to jerk off in public to roster moves and they have tons of money to burn and no one to burn it on.

Irsay being batshit insane is the only reason the Colts would sign Suh. They need to be wondering how much Luck is going to ask for and they have holes on o-line and defense.

I see the Jags throwing crazy money at him

I can see the tweets now...

"EARTH SHATTER NEWS COMING SUHN!"

Gotta give McCown props. Talking to media about how much he sucks and owning up to it, wants to continue to work hard and prove he deserves to be a starting QB. I admire the guy, but no amount of work is gonna make him a worthy starter lol. Gotta feel bad for the McCowns of the world. These guys are the definition of professional. They take the job seriously, have that first guy in last guy out mentality with practice, film, etc, unfortunately they just don't have the ability on the field.
Nah, I don't feel bad for them. If anything I feel bad for the guys who have that attitude/work ethic but aren't good enough to even get a job in the NFL. At least McCown is getting paid good money to suck.

eznark

Banned
Irsay being batshit insane is the only reason the Colts would sign Suh. They need to be wondering how much Luck is going to ask for and they have holes on o-line and defense.

I see the Jags throwing crazy money at him

Which holes do the Colts have that the Jags don't? And is Suh not on defense?? Confusing rationale.

According to OTC the Colts have $45m in cap space. Can easily carry Suh without breaking a sweat. And like I said with Luck they can structure his infinite deal however they want.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bye, Suh.

Also, Suh wants to go to a place to build his brand. Indy is not that place.

MechDX

Which holes do the Colts have that the Jags don't? And is Suh not on defense?? Confusing rationale.

According to OTC the Colts have $45m in cap space. Can easily carry Suh without breaking a sweat. And like I said with Luck they can structure his infinite deal however they want.

Excuse me, too many holes on defense. They will be in the same situation as us with a great interior pass rush and no one else contributing. I hope they do sign him because it should force O'Brien to move on from Chris Myers at center and eats up their cap space. I just don't see it when the Jags or even the Raiders can throw mad money at him since they don't have to pay their franchise QB's for another 4-5 years.

MechDX

B_D_gPjU4AAArnC.jpg:large

JABEE

Gostowski is the franchise player.

PFT said:
According to Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, a greater likelihood exists that the Patriots will tag their kicker over their top safety. Casual fans routinely scoff at the notion that a kicker is a “franchise player,” but kickers who get the franchise tag see a much lower one-year contract offer. For Gostkowski, Reiss estimates that the cash and cap number will be in the range of $4.5 million

By not tagging McCourty, the Patriots would perhaps set the stage either to pay cornerback Darrelle Revis $20 million to keep him for 2015 (at a cap number of $25 million) or to give Revis a big-money extension. It’s hard to imagine the Patriots letting McCourty hit the market if they also plan to release Revis before his compensation for 2015 becomes fully guaranteed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/02/gostkowski-more-likely-to-be-tagged-than-mccourty/

McCourty on the loose!

MechDX

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...chatter-heat-captax-change.html#storylink=cpy

The Dolphins want to add at least one quality corner to upgrade over Cortland Finnegan, and free agents Kareem Jackson and Brandon Flowers are among those who have been discussed internally, according to a person with knowledge of Miami's discussions. (I'm sure there are other cornerbacks also of interest to Miami; these were merely two of the names we know have been talked about.)

Got dammit! Now the Jets and Dolphins have been linked to Kareem Jackson. For the love of Tebow sign someone Rick!

bionic77

let's play ping pong before you forget how to hold the paddle
Hoping to have a table by the end of the year. I want one that is really good but portable so I can fold it and put it away in storage when not in use.

I have a friend now that is good at ping pong so that is awesome.

Will also have to buy some bomb ass paddles.

Once that happens you are free to drive over to PA anytime you want and get your lesson!

Greg

Hoping to have a table by the end of the year. I want one that is really good but portable so I can fold it and put it away in storage when not in use.

I have a friend now that is good at ping pong so that is awesome.

Will also have to buy some bomb ass paddles.

Once that happens you are free to drive over to PA anytime you want and get your lesson!
can't wait

Top Bottom