• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Pepiope

McCourty, Maxwell, Worilds, and Mariota.

Eagles are going for it this season!
Realistically we should get those three without MM. I can't see a rookie MM winning the SB. Chip couldn't even win in college with him.

I'd prefer Foles with a 1st and 2nd round rookie to help out, but eh. If Chip goes for it, I wouldn't be looking at this season as a potential SB run.

rando14

Here's a pitch that Chip would call

121513-foles-mccoy-600.jpg

Yeah I'm sure that would be a fine play to call during your game in week 7

Pete is a better coach than me, but I would have given the ball to lynch as well.

This is much less about Pete making a bad call and more about Butler making a once-in-a-year type of play (props to him of course)

JABEE

Eagles-Age going for that off-season championship. Watch your back, Browns-Age.

The Patriots brought in Revis, Chung, and Browner last off season. Look where that got them.

Too bad the Eagles aren't dirty cheaters. The Browns can't be helped even when they cheat!

Jarnet87

Suh should come to Tampa. If you're a defensive end and you can't get pressure on the QB with McCoy and Suh at DT then give back your paycheck and retire.

Yeah I'm sure that would be a fine play to call during your game in week 7

This is much less about Pete making a bad call and more about Butler making a once-in-a-year type of play (props to him of course)

Butler never has a chance to make the play if pete wasn't an idiot, sorry Rando but your coach brought darkness to this land

Bread

Banned
Would you guys rather have caio or JNA? If you asked me last week I'd laugh at the question, but ciao really is the worst.

JABEE

I can't see the Eagles going after Suh to play DE. The price will be crazy, and Suh would have to change positions.

rando14

Butler never has a chance to make the play if pete wasn't an idiot, sorry Rando but your coach brought darkness to this land

Nope, that's objectively incorrect. Ugh I shouldn't be wasting my time writing this I've got better things to be doing, but look at that last play again. Look at the clock, look at the number of time outs. Look at Russell's turnover stats in the red zone: phenomenal. Then look at the Patriots defense (I'm going off memory now): Cover zero with 3 DB's, and they are stuffing the line like a motherfucker. Hawks had 3 WR on the play. When you have a QB who historically doesn't turn it over in the red zone (game manager like Tom Penny likes to say), and you know just how rare it is to throw an interception in that kind of situation, well, I can fully understand the play.

Again, Butler made the biggest play of his career at the best possible time against such crazy odds. Chances of something like that happening were so slim, but unfortunately it happened!!

Moral of the story: give Bellicheck and Butler the credit they deserve

cdyhybrid

Nope, that's objectively incorrect. Ugh I shouldn't be wasting my time writing this I've got better things to be doing, but look at that last play again. Look at the clock, look at the number of time outs. Look at Russell's turnover stats in the red zone: phenomenal. Then look at the Patriots defense (I'm going off memory now): Cover zero with 3 DB's, and they are stuffing the line like a motherfucker. Hawks had 3 WR on the play. When you have a QB who historically doesn't turn it over in the red zone (game manager like Tom Penny likes to say), and you know just how rare it is to throw an interception in that kind of situation, well, I can fully understand the play.

Again, Butler made the biggest play of his career at the best possible time against such crazy odds. Chances of something like that happening were so slim, but unfortunately it happened!!
Shouldn't have thrown it into the teeth of the D though. At least break the route back outside.

Wow Cheatin pete has successfully brainwashed the seachickens fanbase to believe that was a good call. I'm sorry rondo :(

Never!! Also Lynch was running down on the pats regardless of the D they had, Pete had no excuse, you run it and you win another SB Rando. I believed in you!!!

rando14

Never!! Also Lynch was running down on the pats regardless of the D they had, Pete had no excuse, you run it and you win another SB Rando. I believed in you!!!

Eh I'm of the mindset that it was a fine call that was poorly executed and masterfully defended by the Pats

Now I gotta get back to work, have to learn about chancroid and syphillis and shit :(

Colts or Jets. Colts have one asset, and they will want to keep him literally forever so in real terms it kind of means he costs nothing, they'll be able to make his cap hit "next year" forever. They have basically no other assets. Jets have essentially zero assets. Neither team has any real obligations coming due and neither teams needs a total rebuild. Jets will build their offense via the draft.

If I had to pick one I'd say the Colts. They are definitely the team that would benefit most from the signing, they have a lunatic owner who likes to jerk off in public to roster moves and they have tons of money to burn and no one to burn it on.
God I hope so. Colts could use another impact defensive player, outside of Vontae Davis.

Eh I'm of the mindset that it was a fine call that was poorly executed and masterfully defended by the Pats

Now I gotta get back to work, have to learn about chancroid and syphillis and shit :(

We're already talking about the pats, it's practically the same thing!!

Have a good day Rando!

Is there actually any surprise in Revis hitting the market?

He's a mercenary, a hired gun for the highest bidder.

Doesn't mean that he's not going to resign for the Pats, but one season isn't going to change who he is.

Top Bottom