• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Dianna Marie Russini ✔ @NBCdianna

The Lions want to resign Suh but if he makes the market the Bucs, Jags, Raiders will ALL be hot after him per multiple team sources

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
For those linking the #Raiders to, well, every possible free agent… let me not stop you. They will spend. A lot.

Come to Oakland Suh

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m1 minute ago
Cowboys officially have placed franchise tag on WR Dez Bryant, as @MikeGarafolo said. So DeMarco Murray will be allowed to test free agency.

Not surprised

MechDX

I'd prefer mandelmilchjon

Yes, a child's body!

You're an old now and you need that calcium more than ever. your bones are going to get frail and you will develop a hump.

I don't want to see you limping around Breadstream with a broken hip

Bread

Banned
You're an old now and you need that calcium more than ever. your bones are going to get frail and you will develop a hump.

I don't want to see you limping around Breadstream with a broken hip
I prefer Greek yogurt. Gotta get big and strong for shirtless season.

Yeah not surprised we need entirely new guards anyways and some back up tackles, what we had was just trash
Definitely. I wonder what the word is on Billy Turner? He was hyped to be a solid starting G as a rookie last year but was held back because of injuries. Any chance he fills a starting role this season?

I think Hickey did alright with his OL makeover plan, all things considered. It was in an abysmal state when he walked in and there is only so much you can do in one offseason. Drafting James and signing Albert were great moves and Satele worked out fairly decently as well. The problem is you can't build depth that quickly so one injury to a key player (in this case Albert) and you are back in garbage o-line territory. I just hope Tannehill gets to play behind a respectable o-line
(in Miami, please)
one day...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'd prefer mandelmilchjon

Yes, a child's body!

9080732.jpg

Definitely. I wonder what the word is on Billy Turner? He was hyped to be a solid starting G as a rookie last year but was held back because of injuries. Any chance he fills a starting role this season?

I think Hickey did alright with his OL makeover plan, all things considered. It was in an abysmal state when he walked in and there is only so much you can do in one offseason. Drafting James and signing Albert were great moves and Satele worked out fairly decently as well. The problem is you can't build depth that quickly so one injury to a key player (in this case Albert) and you are back in garbage o-line territory. I just hope Tannehill gets to play behind a respectable o-line
(in Miami, please)
one day...

Yeah I agree, Pouncey back at center should stabilize it a little more, hopefully Hickey continues to build a solid team for our next coach

Whoa...

Also Dolphins released Innegan.

Dolphins release Finnegan

You're late

MechDX

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero · 13m13 minutes ago
Expect mutual UFA interest between Houston Texans and former Dolphins WR Wes Welker. Welker played for HC Bill O'Brien when coach at N.E.

I wanted "a Welkah" not "the Welkah". Playing that "connection" angle again.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos · 8m8 minutes ago
The #Broncos have officially placed their non-exclusive franchise tag on WR Demaryius Thomas.

A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position for the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Could be interesting for a perennial contender who would have low first round picks anyway.

I missed this. Great news! I'm glad no one was dumb enough to think he could start another year at CB #2.

Yeah, Pouncey was... not great... as a guard.

I hope they use that against him for a pay cut lol

I wanted "a Welkah" not "the Welkah". Playing that "connection" angle again.

Could be interesting for a perennial contender who would have low first round picks anyway.

Two first round picks though? Also I'd imagine a contender wouldn't be one WR away from the SB.

MechDX

These randomly vanishing avatars is really annoying. I associate posts with avatars to know who posted them more than I actually look at the posters name.

I can't imagine Welker going to a non-contending team. I mean...why would he? He's like Reggie Ray in Not Another Teen Movie at this point.

It will be the connection angle I mentioned. Every former player who has a Pats connection will be linked to O'Brien. because you know we signed so many former Patriot players last year.

Top Bottom