• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Let's just take all the fa's that only care about money and just send them to Oaktown right now. Suh is first up. Will the Pats give Revis $25M/yr? The Raiders will!

Wes

venison crêpe
If the Raiders actually spend some of that dough, do you think they could have a half decent season with Carr next year?

MechDX

If the Raiders actually spend some of that dough, do you think they could have a half decent season with Carr next year?

Better than this year. Contenders? No, never works that way with a lot of free agents

In mobile there are no avatars at all.

brentech

Is Bulaga getting tagged or nah

We are all Tom Penny now
Wouldn't think so. He's only leaving if he's asking for far more than a guy with 2 years of actual playing experience (at a high level) would ask for. Thompson isn't cheap, he's reasonable.
We really shouldn't have a problem signing both Cobb and Bulaga so long as they don't want the world handed to them.

ampere

Carr played pretty well give the situation, but he really could use a QB with experience to coach him. It's tough being a starter right away as a rookie.

MRSA

Banned
y'all just crazy Raiders can transition this season to 8-8 possibly with the additions of individuals who can actually catch and those that can run block. The defense really wasn't that much of an issue consider how much time they were on the field because of the 3 and outs of the offense. See Rams game, ya, they gave up 52 points but the offense scored 0. You can't win if your defense is on the field all day.

If this draft adds another 2 starters, then the Raiders have a solid foundation to build around with some FA additions.

MechDX

Do the Hawks have anyone we could franchise? It would be disrespectful BUT it appears everybody's doing it so...

Just have to wait until Russells 72 million all guaranteed contract to be announced and we can have pages upon pages of discussions.

Is Russell "Elite"?

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 46s47 seconds ago
RT @Edwerderespn: #Cardinals DT @ddocket - Darnell Dockett - has visited scheduled with #49ers beginning tonight, per sources

Tomsula to win him over.

eznark

Banned
Wouldn't think so. He's only leaving if he's asking for far more than a guy with 2 years of actual playing experience (at a high level) would ask for. Thompson isn't cheap, he's reasonable.
We really shouldn't have a problem signing both Cobb and Bulaga so long as they don't want the world handed to them.

I think they should. The Packers aren't going to spend that $30m in the open market. If Bulaga walks and they end up with over $10m in cap space I'll be real annoyed.

rando14

Hmmm premium Tinder, I wonder how my main squeeze BaeGhost feels about this...

Just have to wait until Russells 72 million all guaranteed contract to be announced and we can have pages upon pages of discussions.

Is Russell "Elite"?

KP4tej5.gif

I'd like to believe that Suh isn't just chasing the highest paycheck, and at least wants to go somewhere with at least a mirage's chance of winning.

MechDX

What do you give up for a transition tag? 2nd rounder?

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 27s27 seconds ago
Transition tags have been used sparsely since the Steve Hutchinson/poison pill deal. Matching rights, no comp. Clay's tender is $7.071M.

MRSA

Banned
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 27s27 seconds ago
Transition tags have been used sparsely since the Steve Hutchinson/poison pill deal. Matching rights, no comp. Clay's tender is $7.071M.

Didn't the new CBA abolish the poison pill?

So the Raiders or Jags can come in and outbid the Dolphins?

SORRY CHRIS! WHERE EVER YOU ARE!!!11

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 18s18 seconds ago
No RT @Jarrod_Martin18: Stressing hard about not franchising McCourty, are the contract talks catching fire? @RapSheet

Colasante

Darrelle Revis and Devin McCourty are going to hit the open market. They're going to be paid an insane amount. The Patriots will be starting Malcolm Butler and Duron Harmon next season. Panic. In Bill We Trust.

Draxal

Darrelle Revis and Devin McCourty are going to hit the open market. They're going to be paid an insane amount. The Patriots will be starting Malcolm Butler and Duron Harmon next season. Panic. In Bill We Trust.

You're going to make Logan a safety. I'm surprised he hasn't made the transition yet already.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 8s8 seconds ago
Not conventional, but Titans have an opportunity to place Jurrell Casey / Ndamukong Suh / Leonard Williams on a DL w/ LeBeau's D. Scary

No. No. No.

All depends on the draft and FA. None of the top FAs wanted to come to Oakland last year with a lame duck coach in Dennis Allen and Schoob as the presumed starting QB.

This year they have an established HC in JDR and a legitimate QB in Carr.

Get Cobb, Hudson and a DL in FA. Probably Pot Roast. Suh seems like a pipe dream to me at this point, they'd really have to overpay him due to taxes in CA and for just being the Raiders, and I'd question his passion playing for a non-contender, I think he'd just collect his paycheck and call it in on Sundays. Could be wrong, but my gut says no.

Draft Amari Cooper or White in 1st round if no trade down, Get ILB in 2nd or best edge rusher and I think they could make a decent run. 8-10 wins.

Bread

Banned
We need one back. I understand if we can't have both, but we really need one of them.
You're going to make Logan a safety. I'm surprised he hasn't made the transition yet already.
Hmmm that isn't a bad idea. Same thing we did with Devin after his sophomore slump.

MRSA

Banned
Okay so in a dream scenario, Raiders would sign:

Hudson, Pot Roast, McCourty, Orlando Franklin, Orange Julius, Nate Irvings, and Randall Cobb.

Should still have around 10 million including rookie cap space to play with.

Okay so in a dream scenario, Raiders would sign:

Hudson, Pot Roast, McCourty, Orlando Franklin, Orange Julius, Nate Irvings, and Randall Cobb.

Should still have around 10 million including rookie cap space to play with.

I'd throw Brandon Spikes and Jerry Hughes into the mix as well. Nice players, not sure if Buffalo is keeping them.

I'm glad we used the tag on Gostkowski. It's good to know he'll be back. Now we just need to sign Revis to a good, long term deal. If we can keep McCourty too I'll be extatic, but I know that it is very unlikely we'll keep both of them and Revis is the more important of the two.

Top Bottom