• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

TheFatOne

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 18s18 seconds ago
No RT @Jarrod_Martin18: Stressing hard about not franchising McCourty, are the contract talks catching fire? @RapSheet

Rapoport is garbage. Was iffy when he was reporting for the pats. Take what he says with a huge grain of salt.

I'm glad we used the tag on Gostkowski. It's good to know he'll be back. Now we just need to sign Revis to a good, long term deal. If we can keep McCourty too I'll be extatic, but I know that it is very unlikely we'll keep both of them and Revis is the more important of the two.

Depending on how much Revis is demanding I might be happier with McCourty and some of our other pending free agents.

brentech

Wow. I'd like to know what they saw from him.
Eagles fans be ready to hang yourselves.

On the drive to the airport to head back home to the cold.

eznark

Banned
If you have the chance to sign the worst performing player in all of football, you have to give him two years. Can't just bring him in for a year.

eznark

Banned
Eh. He wont be a starter. And i doubt he is worse than Casey Matthews.

The great thing about Brad Jones is that he finds a way to hurt you on special teams almost as much as on defense. Course since Kelly just wants the fucking ball back, maybe his strategy of bringing in a guy with a track record of 15 yard PF's on kick offs is all according to the plan.

Jones only started one game this year by the way. He isn't safe to have on a roster.

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions did the right, albeit harder and more unpopular, thing in not franchising Suh.

What alternate universe has nfl-GAF sent me to??

rando14

Mybe he can add some value to the best ST unit in the NFL, and maybe even push Casey off the roster. Not a horrible move.

christian-bale-kermit-the-frog.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
:jnc @ all this Suh doom and gloom.

If Martin Mayhew and our brass think there is even a 1% chance of him walking we franchise him.

Suh and his agents are doing this for publicity. Suh is a brand name and he wants his name out. He will shop around but at the end of the day the best situation for him is in Detroit in terms of success and financially.

Just read his Twitter. He's not saying "great day to be working out in Detroit" and taking pics with Harbaugh for nothing. He's not going to Jacksonville or Oakland. The Eagles may try to run up the price but the Lions will sign him at the end no matter what the cost.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
And :jnc at my LionsGAF brethren saying, and I paraphrase, "let him walk we can sign a vet DT and some other solid FAs for holes we can fill through the draft."

You've lost your minds. You can't replace Reggie White, Lawerence Taylor, Michael Straham. No washed up 30 year old Defensive Tackle or unknown rookie can do what Suh does. No one in the league sans MAYBE JJ Watt can do what Suh does.

And Watt is on PEDs unlike Suh.

rando14

And :jnc at my LionsGAF brethren saying, and I paraphrase, "let him walk we can sign a vet DT and some other solid FAs for holes we can fill through the draft."

You've lost your minds. You can't replace Reggie White, Lawerence Taylor, Michael Straham. No washed up 30 year old Defensive Tackle or unknown rookie can do what Suh does.

:jnc "Lawerence" and "Straham"

eznark

Banned

You've lost your minds. You can't replace Reggie White, Lawerence Taylor, Michael Straham. No washed up 30 year old Defensive Tackle or unknown rookie can do what Suh does.

I doubt it would be difficult to find guys that play sub-.500 football and can't win playoff games.

Bread

Banned
Eagles fans supporting Chip reminds me of the "In Bill We Trust" people except Bill at least had some success before that started.

rando14

It was a long, shitty night at the hospital.

Let me translate: "LT", not LaDanian, and the dude with the first name Michael who fucked Tom Brady up and caused 18-1.

Haha I didn't mean it as an insult to you, I just thought they sounded funny!!

Hope you're doing better!! Cellulitis is a pain but it should resolve just fine assuming proper antibiotic regimen

MechDX

Nice troll edit in that post Kas.

Suh isn't fit to carry Watts jockstrap as a player or a person. Watt got crazy money last season and then arguably had the best season ever for a defensive player in the NFL. Now he is considered by many to be underpaid.

Notice how everyone is worried Suh will get his crazy deal and basically shut down?

eznark

Banned
Chip took Reid's team to the playoffs, fell on his face with his own roster.

All downhill from here for Spurrier's fat doppleganger.

BumRush

:jnc @ all this Suh doom and gloom.

If Martin Mayhew and our brass think there is even a 1% chance of him walking we franchise him.

Suh and his agents are doing this for publicity. Suh is a brand name and he wants his name out. He will shop around but at the end of the day the best situation for him is in Detroit in terms of success and financially.

Just read his Twitter. He's not saying "great day to be working out in Detroit" and taking pics with Harbaugh for nothing. He's not going to Jacksonville or Oakland. The Eagles may try to run up the price but the Lions will sign him at the end no matter what the cost.

Why would Detroit be the best place for him financially?

Top Bottom