• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Haha I didn't mean it as an insult to you, I just thought they sounded funny!!

Hope you're doing better!! Cellulitis is a pain but it should resolve just fine assuming proper antibiotic regimen

No insults rando I actually found it funny. I wish there was a sarcasm detector through message boards because I was laughing at the fact I misspelled two defensive legends.

I woke up an hour ago in a haze and saw posts about Suh to Oakland and had to address these fallacies.

This Aggression will not stand, man.

Honestly my real life personality is a combo of The Dude and Walter from The Big Lebowski.

eznark

Banned
PFF has five categories for linebackers that they grade.

Only one player was red (negative) in every single category.

It was not Casey Matthews.

JABEE

Chip took Reid's team to the playoffs, fell on his face with his own roster.

All downhill from here for Spurrier's fat doppleganger.

Reid couldn't take his own team to the playoffs.

If only Chip could lean on Aaron Rodgers to carry him to glory.

It's not Chip's fault that Mark Sanchez dragged his 7-2 team into the ground.

Look at McCarthy's record in 2013. 8-7-1 when Rodgers missed significant time.

McCarthy was 2-5-1 when Rodgers was out of the lineup or didn't finish the game.

eznark

Banned
Reid couldn't take his own team to the playoffs.

If only Chip could lean on Aaron Rodgers to carry him to glory.

It's not Chip's fault that Mark Sanchez dragged his 7-2 team into the ground.

Look at McCarthy's record in 2013. 8-7-1 when Rodgers missed significant time.

McCarthy was 2-5-1 when Rodgers was out of the lineup or didn't finish the game.

Why are we talking about McCarthy?

JABEE

PFF 2015 season grades:

Casey Matthews: -9.6 (110th overall)

Brad Jones: -11.2 (116th overall)

images

What will the Eagles do now that their third string ILB who will compete for a job in camp sucks?

MRSA

Banned
Fuck. I changed my answers from correct to wrong. I got a white score of 26/25.

Also lol @ kas. Cellulitis, only poors get cellulitis.

eznark

Banned
When were we talking about McCarthy?

"He said something bad about our lord and savior quick change the subject!!!!!!!"

What will the Eagles do now that their third string ILB who will compete for a job in camp sucks?

Only 52 roster spots. 2 of which are now taken by two of the worst linebackers in all of football.

How many ILB's they gonna carry?

JABEE

Only 52 roster spots. 2 of which are now taken by two of the worst linebackers in all of football.

How many ILB's they gonna carry?

Hopefully we will draft a better player. If Brad Jones is worse than Casey Matthews, then I agree with you that the Eagles made a bad move.

Edit:

You were saying Chip Kelly was a Steve Spurrier. You also ranked McCarthy high in your coaching ranks. I am saying that Chip Kelly's collapse doesn't make him a shitty coach.

eznark

Banned
Hopefully we will draft a better player. If Brad Jones is worse than Casey Matthews, then I agree with you that the Eagles made a bad move.

It's the Bears signing MD Jennings to replace Conte. My guess is that once he comes to camp they cut him, just like the Bears did with Jennings....but I hope not!

JABEE

It's the Bears signing MD Jennings to replace Conte. My guess is that once he comes to camp they cut him, just like the Bears did with Jennings....but I hope not!

Yeah. It seems like a pointless singing. Maybe Brad Jones will learn to play between now and training camp. Casey Matthews wasn't as bad this season as he was in previous seasons.

eznark

Banned
Yeah. It seems like a pointless singing. Maybe Brad Jones will learn to play between now and training camp. Casey Matthews wasn't as bad this season as he was in previous seasons.

Jones grades out to be almost identical to Matthews. The worse grade is almost entirely due to penalties. But he has been getting those his entire career so it's not really a luck thing.

brentech

When he's in position to make they play, he misses the tackle or takes a bad angle. When he does make the tackle, he gets it via facemask.

"I don't always make a tackle behind the line, but when I do....it's a facemask."

JABEE

Jones grades out to be almost identical to Matthews. The worse grade is almost entirely due to penalties. But he has been getting those his entire career so it's not really a luck thing.

Yeah. I don't think he's going to be any good.

Also, I'm not a Kas. I don't have any expectations at all for Jones.

MechDX

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline
· 38m 38 minutes ago
Keep this in mind; NY Jets linebacker search in free agency could end with Brooks Reed, a player GM Mike Maccagnan is very familiar with

Hell of a person to set the edge and stop the run. Just don't expect much pass rush.

Tom Penny

I knew they would franchise Ghost. Revis remains the top priority. I've seen the Pats with DMC and average corners. They sucked and DMC isn't fixing that.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
JABEE is a NFLGAF poet. Regardless of his affiliation with a shitty franchise his poetry is to be respected and admired.

That being said this is Chip Kelly's last season at Philly because his college offense only works in the Pac 10 and Marcus Marriota is not going to save that.

JABEE

I really want to see the Eagles upgrade their secondary.

Last year, I wanted Byrd, and that wouldn't have worked out. The Eagles really need an upgrade though.

ShaneB

You were saying Chip Kelly was a Steve Spurrier. You also ranked McCarthy high in your coaching ranks. I am saying that Chip Kelly's collapse doesn't make him a shitty coach.

Collapse? The Eagles just lost a few tough games down the stretch. That Packers nfccg loss... That's a collapse!

Konka

Banned
JABEE is a NFLGAF poet. Regardless of his affiliation with a shitty franchise his poetry is to be respected and admired.

That being said this is Chip Kelly's last season at Philly because his college offense only works in the Pac 10 and Marcus Marriota is not going to save that.

Clearly back on the pill I see. Coming from the fan of the team with fatford, the 0-16 and not a single playoff win in 24 years. With a single playoff win in the past 58 years.

Colasante! I need your advice.

As the voice of reason within PatsGAF, I would like to know when would be a suitable time for me to panic? Because I feel like panicking now.

ampere

I'm not Col, but if we don't sign Revis I give permission to full out panic.

The repeat is our goal and nothing less

Respect

So no tag for McCourty...have a bad feeling he now becomes the odd man out of Revis/Gost/McCourty. Guess it depends on what kind of deal Revis lands. /nervous

JABEE

Todd Herremans just said that he would make the splash and go for Mariota. Todd was a former teammate of Nick Foles.

gutshot

You guys are so cute when you try to convince yourselves that Chip is clueless because he signed a guy that PFF says is bad. As if Chip is going to be all "Well I think this guy would be a good scheme and locker room fit but some neckbeard on the internet who watches game film in his mom's basement doesn't think he is any good, so let's not sign him."

eznark

Banned
You guys are so cute when you try to convince yourselves that Chip is clueless because he signed a guy that PFF says is bad. As if Chip is going to be all "Well I think this guy would be a good scheme and locker room fit but some neckbeard on the internet who watches game film in his mom's basement doesn't think he is any good, so let's not sign him."

Yep, everyone else raves about Jones!

When a team with a weak defense, releases defensive players...chances are they aren't very good players.

Brad Jones is pretty fucking terrible and not at all an upgrade on Casey Matthews (who was already a homeless man's version of his brother).

That being said, maybe Chip has a plan for him and can turn him into a serviceable NFL backer.

eznark

Banned
Brad Jones is pretty fucking terrible and not at all an upgrade on Casey Matthews (who was already a homeless man's version of his brother).

That being said, maybe Chip has a plan for him and can turn him into a serviceable NFL backer.

Brad Jones is 28 years old.

Also, after watching Chip's defense in GB last year I don't know why anyone would be interested in his plan.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This thread. Two pages on a backup linebacker.

Someone must have shot the deer eznark was scouting out. It was probably Brad Jones.

Bread

Banned
In Chop We Trust

MechDX

When did SNES get unbanned and voice his opinion on this?

gutshot

This thread. Two pages on a backup linebacker.

Someone must have shot the deer eznark was scouting out. It was probably Brad Jones.

I know, right. Everyone acts like we've got a hard-on for Chip but they are the ones who pounce on every perceived "failure" of his.

BTW, Texans fans told us Connor Barwin sucked, Saints fans told us Malcolm Jenkins sucked, Dolphins fans told us Nolan Carroll sucked. Yet all three of those guys were either Pro Bowlers for us or solid contributors and not at all the disasters that they were made out to be. But hey, you keep on telling yourselves that Chip is clueless.

Top Bottom