• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Rob Demovsky ✔ @RobDemovsky
Follow
Last month was told Cobb was seeking $9 mil/year. @TomSilverstein says it's now $12M. Price could've gone up after gauging interest in Indy

Child please

Pepiope

Follow
Last month was told Cobb was seeking $9 mil/year. @TomSilverstein says it's now $12M. Price could've gone up after gauging interest in Indy

Child please
I would never go after a WR who played with an elite QB. Pretty much guaranteed that he won't put up the same numbers.

Follow

Child please

And some people think Miami would be interested...we already have an over priced receiver we are trying to get rid of smh

I know, right. Everyone acts like we've got a hard-on for Chip but they are the ones who pounce on every perceived "failure" of his.

BTW, Texans fans told us Connor Barwin sucked, Saints fans told us Malcolm Jenkins sucked, Dolphins fans told us Nolan Carroll sucked. Yet all three of those guys were either Pro Bowlers for us or solid contributors and not at all the disasters that they were made out to be. But hey, you keep on telling yourselves that Chip is clueless.
Nolan Carroll praise? Seriously?

zychi

Banned
when i sell shit on ebay, why do assholes from Florida always cancel? I'm not shipping anything until you fucking pay you asshole scammers.

Godslay

Banned
Not surprised by anything with Pats and Denver today.

DT, I wish would have been finished by now. Just kicking the can down the road with a tag.

Revis holds the cards, no need to negotiate. I think it was wishful thinking that he would have much loyalty to the Pats, especially when the scenarios of not reworking a deal amount to a massive pay raise for him.

McCourty makes sense too. Gostkowski is probably cheaper if things go wrong, and the Pats are pressed up against the cap. If they tag him I believe that's around 9 million gone just like that. Probably too pricey at this point, and they get to see what the market does.

So far so good.

Really watching to see what Raiders do. If they play their cards right this offseason and if Carr is better than Osweiler, I can see them taking over the AFC West when Peyton is done. Assuming Del Rio isn't bust himself.

ShaneB

Baseball!!

bit of cross posting...Going to read this next..
18668201.jpg

ampere

Revis holds the cards, no need to negotiate. I think it was wishful thinking that he would have much loyalty to the Pats, especially when the scenarios of not reworking a deal amount to a massive pay raise for him.

Not expecting loyalty tbh, but there are ways it could work for him.

Just thinking it's a smart deal for both sides if the pay and years are decent. If he gets say... 80% of the max he could get per year, but gets a 5 year and it's on a contender? Maybe he could be coerced to stay.

MRSA

Banned
Really watching to see what Raiders do. If they play their cards right this offseason and if Carr is better than Osweiler, I can see them taking over the AFC West when Peyton is done. Assuming Del Rio isn't bust himself.

Most interesting aspect for the Raiders is on defense, if they sign Knighton to form JDR's signature double NT defense and sign another pass rusher (Depending on the Greg Hardy situation, I would like him signed on a prove it deal) they'd have a formidable defense especially centered around All Beast Khalil Mack.

The offense needs a lot more work.

Godslay

Banned
Not expecting loyalty tbh, but there are ways it could work for him.

Just thinking it's a smart deal for both sides if the pay and years are decent. If he gets say... 80% of the max he could get per year, but gets a 5 year and it's on a contender? Maybe he could be coerced to stay.

Revis maximizes his money this way.

$5 million signing bonus from the Pats in 2015 (converts to dead cap btw, so -$5 million for basically the right to negotiate with Revis a couple weeks early).

Then he will get the top amount that the market will bear again this year.

Renegotiating a new deal was a loser for him no matter if you guys are contenders or not. Simply because he gets your $5 million + top free agency rate. Which will probably be in the neighborhood of $17-20 million altogether.

Pats aren't going to pick up the option, which immediate converts to $25 million in terms of cap hit. Pats aren't stupid enough to do that.

The only way Pats get him back is if he test free agency and they give him a damn good deal, but they are already $5 million into him, so basically they would pay $5 million more than any other team.

Most interesting aspect for the Raiders is on defense, if they sign Knighton to form JDR's signature double NT defense and sign another pass rusher (Depending on the Greg Hardy situation, I would like him signed on a prove it deal) they'd have a formidable defense especially centered around All Beast Khalil Mack.

The offense needs a lot more work.

If Carr pans out, then the bulk of the offense is figured out. Just build around him with decent pieces.

ampere

Renegotiating a new deal was a loser for him no matter if you guys are contenders or not. Simply because he gets your $5 million + top free agency rate. Which will probably be in the neighborhood of $17-20 million altogether.

Yeah that's a good point. He's definitely in a good spot

It was still worth it for last year regardless what happens, but I def hope they hook him in.

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 10m10 minutes ago
Texans gave Andre Johnson permission to seek a trade. Told him he'd have a reduced role next season. He asked to be traded or cut instead.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 7m7 minutes ago
Texans didn't discuss contract with Johnson, but if he'd returned in reduced role, he would have been asked to take less than $10.5 base.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 9m9 minutes ago
If no trade can't be worked out for Johnson, he'll be cut and free to sign with any team after 12 seasons with the Texans.

Bye Dre

MechDX

I would like for Andre to sign with us

Mech would it hurt our friendship if he did that ;_;

I hope Dre gets a ring somewhere. My first Texans jersey is a Deep Steel Blue #80. he is our GOAT

EDIT: fuck I am actually upset about this. He was all we had during the mid 2000's. All we had to hang our hats on. This shit hurts.

I hope Dre gets a ring somewhere. My first Texans jersey is a Deep Steel Blue #80. he is our GOAT

EDIT: fuck I am actually upset about this. He was all we had during the mid 2000's. All we had to hang our hats on. This shit hurts.

Can he win a ring with Miami? In honor of chris.trejo

Tamanon

Banned
Ya know, Andre Johnson might be okay playing with a competitor and sticking it to the Texans twice a year.......Jags need a vet receiver with all their young guys....

"@NFLFilmStudy: Andre Johnson would be the ideal fit for Ryan Tannehill. A 3rd rounder would be a perfect price"

"@NFLFilmStudy: If Miami waits until Andre Johnson is cut, I doubt he’d sign with them unless he’s really that nostalgic. Have to trade for him"

Well it's nice to want things at least

Mech we'll trade you Wallace for Johnson

MechDX

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
· 16m 16 minutes ago
Texans must find replacement in free agency or draft for Johnson. Randall Cobb and Jeremy Maclin are top FA receivers.

· 20m 20 minutes ago
Andre Johnson is a class act who can still play. Texans save $8.825 under cap, giving them $21.9 mil of room. Must find replacement.

· 23m 23 minutes ago
Texans didn't discuss contract with Johnson, but if he'd returned in reduced role, he would have been asked to take less than $10.5 base.

NUK time! You're the #1 now

B_IyWfJU8AAvBAR.png:large

Fuck man....

MechDX

Thanks Rando. You know its going to happen, expect it to happen, prepare yourself and it STILL hurts.

Oh well. At least we still have:

hopkins.0.gif

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!!

Top Bottom