• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Bread

Banned
post-18676-Shaq-Disrespectful-Dunk-gif-nzTL.gif
Shaq is a dick

How would an ignorant American (ie Gata) go about watching cricket?

Looking at ESPN it looks like you have to be a total bum (ie Gata) to be able to watch these matches as they seem to start late at night and go until the time you are supposed to get up for work. And I don't see what channels it comes on. I have definitely not seen it channel surfing late at night.

This sport may be great but it doesn't seem compatible for people in the US who don't live off of my taxes or their parents allowance.

The World Cup being down under is a ball ache for everyone in a sensible hemisphere, no idea where you would find highlights on US TV either.

I would look it up for you but I am busy banging my head against my desk at this shitbag Netanyahu getting standing ovations after every sentence. Like seriously, in the time it took me to type that previous sentence, he had three standing ovations from Congress.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

Jarnet87

First there was a baseball invasion, now basketball. You all should be banned forever for talking about these crap sports in the football thread. get out!

MechDX

$9mil yr, OFF w/ focus on slot WR that treats him like the #1 option RT @ktimmreck @ChansFoote except why would Cobb come here?
Both.

Value added w Rodgers, but perfect slot + valued slot OFF MT @Red_DMartin Think Cobb is legit or just a product of GB system + Rodgers

Take Andre's dead money + Cobb's want for $9mil a yr = close to AJ's cap originally for '15. So, yes. RT @ChansFoote Cobb a possibility?

Do it BOB. Get your slot guy.

Sorry Greg.

JABEE

Chip does what Howie don't.

The executioner. Cary wasn't even given a chance to take a pay cut.

Chip isn't playing games!

eznark

Banned
$9mil yr, OFF w/ focus on slot WR that treats him like the #1 option RT @ktimmreck @ChansFoote except why would Cobb come here?
Both.

Value added w Rodgers, but perfect slot + valued slot OFF MT @Red_DMartin Think Cobb is legit or just a product of GB system + Rodgers

Take Andre's dead money + Cobb's want for $9mil a yr = close to AJ's cap originally for '15. So, yes. RT @ChansFoote Cobb a possibility?

Sorry Greg.

Wide receivers grow on trees. Enjoy your unused expensive toy!

Pepiope

Eagles going for that Suh/Revis/Maxwell/McCourty push!

Fletcher, Cary, and Allen all gone now. Also brought in a new DB coach. Gets that defense fixed Chip!

Greg

Both.

Sorry Greg.
I don't see Cobb leaving

but if he does, Adams can be the #3 while Janis jumps all the way up the chart

I don't know if the NFL could handle all that white

HBOGo coming to the PS4 today.
FINALLY!

MechDX

I don't see Cobb leaving

but if he does, Adams can be the #3 while Janis jumps all the way up the chart

I don't know if the NFL could handle all that white

FINALLY!

Maybe we should sign Cobb then. I mean Mallett is like the offspring of Tom and Aaron

He needs his Welkob.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 4m4 minutes ago
#Panthers reached agreement on one-year, $1.05 million deal with unrestricted free agent DT Colin Cole, per @ClaytonESPN

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 3m3 minutes ago
Cap number on #Panthers DT Colin Cole will be $665,000, per @ClaytonESPN

Chip doing work...

Eagles add another $6.5 million in cap space

Chip does what Howie don't.

The executioner. Cary wasn't even given a chance to take a pay cut.

Chip isn't playing games!

Good news, good news. Gotta give Maclin his money and make room for Maxwell. I think we'll hear about Trent Cole being restructured very soon too.

Bowser

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 4m4 minutes ago
#Panthers reached agreement on one-year, $1.05 million deal with unrestricted free agent DT Colin Cole, per @ClaytonESPN

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 3m3 minutes ago
Cap number on #Panthers DT Colin Cole will be $665,000, per @ClaytonESPN

Hashtag Superb Owl

2015 salary cap ($143,280,000) + carryover ($939,171) + adjustments ($98,820) =
LIONS SALARY CAP: $144,317,991

Top 51 contracts ($108,029,087) + dead money ($17,384,112) + other expenses ($1,649,997) =
LIONS CAP CHARGES: $127,063,196

Lions salary cap ($144,317,991) - Lions cap charges ($127,063,196) =
LIONS CAP ROOM: $17,254,795
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/3/3/8134351/nfl-salary-cap-2015-lions

The Lions wouldn't be able to do much of anything in FA if they resign Suh; we'd sign our rookies, deal with our current FAs on the team, and that's it. It would also depend on how a Suh deal is structured. More than likely though we'd have to restructure someone's deal...probably Megatron. Which is a stupid fucking idea given his injury history. He'd have a 20mil cap hit in a year or two...no thanks.

Let Suh walk. We'd have a shit ton of cap space to then target some decent FAs. I say we get a vet DT, a solid CB to replace Mathis, and either an OL or a cheap third WR.

Respect

I know we have some knowledgeable NFL gaffers...question on employment, if I give my company proper notice and I still have a bunch of vacation days, am I entitled to payment on those days or do I need to use them or lose them?

Talon

I know we have some knowledgeable NFL gaffers...question on employment, if I give my company proper notice and I still have a bunch of vacation days, am I entitled to payment on those days or do I need to use them or lose them?
Each company has different policies on paying out vacation. Look at your employment agreement and see how it's lined out.

I'd say in my experience, only one company actually paid out accrued vacation. The rest - it was spend it or lose it.

eznark

Banned

If you have to ask then you likely won't get paid out. At least you can give notice and then use the vacation days during that time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Send an e-mail to hr. Something you need to know before you give notice for sure. Most people I know just ended up tacking their leave onto the end of their actual departure date. So you quit in two weeks, but are still technically employed until your vacation runs out.

e - *Most people I know left government jobs.

Syrinx

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/3/3/8134351/nfl-salary-cap-2015-lions

The Lions wouldn't be able to do much of anything in FA if they resign Suh; we'd sign our rookies, deal with our current FAs on the team, and that's it. It would also depend on how a Suh deal is structured. More than likely though we'd have to restructure someone's deal...probably Megatron. Which is a stupid fucking idea given his injury history. He'd have a 20mil cap hit in a year or two...no thanks.

Let Suh walk. We'd have a shit ton of cap space to then target some decent FAs. I say we get a vet DT, a solid CB to replace Mathis, and either an OL or a cheap third WR.

Lions are kinda caught between a rock and a hard place here. As much shit as we give Kas for his Suh worship, he really is the best player on that team and easily a top 5 defensive player in the league. I'm struggling to think of a combination of FA pickups they could make that would make them better after subtracting Suh. But like you said, sign him and you can't make the improvements you need to make for the team to go anywhere past the first round of the playoffs.

Respect

It's worth asking HR though.

Send an e-mail to hr. Something you need to know before you give notice for sure. Most people I know just ended up tacking their leave onto the end of their actual departure date. So you quit in two weeks, but are still technically employed until your vacation runs out.

e - *Most people I know left government jobs.

Our HR person just left and we have a new one coming in, the CFO has taken over for him temporarily (new person comes in next Monday). And the CFO happens to be my direct supervisor...probably don't want to ask him that right now. He will find out eventually, I just don't know when exactly I want to put the notice in. The issue is me and wife are trying to break our apt lease early, but worse case scenario we are there until the end of may. Which will probably happen anyway, would probably be best so I can just use the vacation days to head to the new area and start interviewing.

I might try to ask the new HR person in a couple weeks once they settle in. I just hate stringing days off together...no one really covers for me, work just piles up. Even if I know I'm leaving, don't want to screw a new person over like that either.

Appreciate the advice.

Top Bottom