• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

As foolish as the Eagles would have been to offer it, the Bucs would have been bigger fools to not take it.

I don't think that was actually ever on the table.

effzee

Thoughts on the trade.

FIrst of all it was my son's first birthday! Of course I had him out in a McCoy jersey.

Come home and start receiving texts non stop. Had no idea what the hell happened.

Immediate reaction : FUCK YOU CHIP.

You get rid of the 2 best players on the team who oh btw were the most productive players under you? It wasn't the system that made them. Desean and Lesean were studs before you got here, Reid had just lost his goddamn mind and didn't know what he was doing anymore.

I thought you were the chosen one CHIP!!!! We had an explosive offense (even without a franchise QB) and a terrible D. Now we have still a terrible D with a possible stuf at LB except he is coming off of a major knee surgery which might make him much less of a player. And in return you traded a top 5 RB???

So now for the 2nd year in a row Chip and the Eagles will use a pick to replace a player they didn't have to move or lose. Creating holes where there aren't any. The Eagles right now should be with McCoy and Desean with Maclin completing the trip of great skill players.

Fuck this team and fuck Chip. I want Howie back!

After thinking about it for the past 2 hours I've calmed down a bit but still fucking hate it. I feel like we should have gotten a pick or two in return as well. Bills fans tell me about KIko. How bad was his injury? What was the word on his recovery?

Shit is shady as hell and we seem to be stockpiling former Oregon players both good and bad.

We need tons of talent on D. Just don't get why we can't sign FAs or draft without having to make a huge hole on offense. Fuck fuck fuck

I guess this means we go after Mariota no matter what? Now in addition to a QB, we need a starting Guard, a stud RB to replace the one guy who made the offense work, and resign Maclin and still upgrade WRs.

Fucking Riley Cooper is on the team and DeSean and McCoy aren't. what the fuck kind of world is this? No talent racist piece of shit is good enough for the team but stud WR/RB aren't because they are worth every penny owned and because they have personalities.

Fuck it I lied I haven't calmed down. fuck this team.

rando14

No way was that ever a legitimate trade offer. That is Ricky Williams-esque and unless Mariota ended up being an objectively top 5 QB within the first couple years, would go down in the history books.

JABEE

Chip won't draft a RB in the first round

This is basically the only time Chip has used a high-end asset to acquire an Oregon player. All the other guys are either inherited, late round picks, or undrafted free agents.

Kiko Alonso is actually a really good player according to people in the know.

MRSA

Banned
So who is most likely to be trade partners with the Iggles? The Titans? I don't see them passing up on Leonard Williams, it'll be the Jags or Raiders because the Iggles have to fight off the Jets who could very likely take Mariota.

Bread

Banned
I like this trade because Eagles fans are mad and the Bills are stuck paying a RB a huge amount of money

Win win in my book.

Fuck you bead
Beads?
tumblr_m94ocoqtZo1rvn6njo1_400.gif

Greg

I had some cheaper older Senneheisers, and I figured I had some extra cash so I could upgrade.

I thought about going higher end, but I figured the 558s would be a good entry into this world, and they are pretty much the same thing as the 598s especially if you do the foam mod. For $100, I figured why not. They sound pretty damn good though. I can only imagine that the higher end headphones sound amazing.
can't go wrong with any of them really - and at least in that range you don't have to worry about getting an amp

I wish more people cared about sound the way they do with displays and smart phones

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Calm down MRSA we've got football talk going on. I know the Raiders won't be relevant yet again but please be considerate of fans of teams that will be playoff relevant next year.

MRSA

Banned
can't go wrong with any of them really - and at least in that range you don't have to worry about getting an amp

I wish more people cared about sound the way they do with displays and smart phones

I never been an audiophile mainly because I really don't have an appreciation for music, music always has and always will be a background thing for me. Somebody the other day asked me how I can read and listen to music at the same time. Its just background noise to drown out the environment for me, active noise canceling I suppose.

Bread

Banned
I never been an audiophile mainly because I really don't have an appreciation for music, music always has and always will be a background thing for me. Somebody the other day asked me how I can read and listen to music at the same time. Its just background noise to drown out the environment for me, active noise canceling I suppose.
That's because you don't have a soul

Godslay

Banned

Yeah, some suggest an amp even for the set I got. As for right now I'll see how they work out without it.

I figure I listen to music/radio all day at work, might as well enjoy it a little bit more.

effzee

Trent Cole ‏@Pro_Hunt58 19m19 minutes ago
No respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Caption that!

Wonder what this is all about.

Wait did Trent get cut as well?

Um, Guys?

@BrandonBoykin2: Bruh don't ask me anything cause I don't know anything.. I'm just a #nickel..

Boykin trying to get himself cut?

Boykin is the best corner on the roster. Was the best corner even last year.

Why the coaches are stuck on him playing nickel only is beyond me.

Hope Chip isn't as fickle as to get rid of any player who has contract issues or issues with how he is utilized.

LJ11

We're not going to run the AFC East for much longer. Sad thing is, Rex might :(

hahahaha

Listen bro, there are some straight up fools running teams in the AFC. Rex is a good football coach, maybe not a good HC but a good football coach, but the Bills have morons running the show. Jury is out on the Jets because they're starting all over again, and Miami is limboville.

Pats won't be punished, AFC fucking sucks because I look around and there are just fools everywhere. Ravens, Pats, Steelers, Broncos and KC (only because I like Reid) rest is dysfunction. What a shit league.

Edit: Man the Chiefs are shit too. Like 3-4 decent to good teams. Fucking awful.

In the AFC it's all about parity, where all teams are mostly garbage.

effzee

So let me get this straight: the Eagles want to trade the farm for a rookie QB who may or may not be any good in the NFL, they trade their top 3-5 RB for a LB coming off an ACL tear and their entire running game goes from great to N/A, so that they can free up a ton of cap space in order to go bananas and buy a ton of FA's.

Not sure I like that...

I don't like the trade. The Eagles have lost any skill player who puts fear into the defense. Maclin is good but he isn't DeSean. Sproles is good but he isn't LeSean. Offense went from having guys people fear to a bunch of good players who all get along with Chip.

With all that said I am not so sure they will go for Mariota. But say they do and Chip thinks he is the solution for the offense to go from good to great they would still field a terrible D.

They can't fix the D with 1 draft even if they hit on most of their picks. Upgrading the secondary through FA is probably their best bet. If this move means they can sign an actual stud S and CB then great. Then they can use the draft to create depth.

DL is actually good. Could be better but doesn't need major upgrades.

LBs are good and bad. The bad is real bad. If Kiko recovers and plays like his rookie season he could be a steal. If last year's first round pick Marcus Smith can actually see the field this year they could be set. But again tons of ifs.

What sucks is that all of a sudden the offense has huge holes besides QB in RB and Guard. The OLINE in general is aging fast and needs replacements ready to go. None of these guys for the offense are going to be found in FA. These will be all players they try to find in the draft. And some of these holes have been created by the team for no reason.

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 3s3 seconds ago
LeSean McCoy told LaDainian Tomlinson weeks ago he didn’t expect to be back with team. Relationship with Kelly cooled.

Chip is racist confirmed again.

If relationship cooled its because Chip got tired of McCoy dancing around too much and not following the design of the play.

Probably led to arguments and why Sproles was in the game for long stretches through the season last year.

Eagles saved 31.75 million with Shady, Cary, and Cole today?

Damn, it's time to go....SHOPPING!!

Cary I understand but Cole too?

Well I guess I saw it coming but man he has been a trooper since day 1. Even when asked to convert from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB and even drop into coverage.

One of the great Eagles over the past 15 years. This team is going to miss his leadership.

I love how some people in this thread are saying McCoy is an over the hill RB who's on the decline when the dude is only 26 years old and one season removed from being the best back in the league. Last year wasn't his fault as the Eagles seemingly forgot he was on the field at times; never called Screens (McCoy's specialty) and split too much time between him and Sproles.

I'm a Giants fan, so I'm glad to see him gone from the NFC East. :)

Yeah McCoy didn't have his best season but that doesn't mean he is in decline. His running style avoids big hits and for some odd reason Chip used him less and less in the passing game so he didn't get his usual workload.

McCoy is going to be great for the Bills.

Godslay

Banned
hahahaha

Listen bro, there are some straight up fools running teams in the AFC. Rex is a good football coach, maybe not a good HC but a good football coach, but the Bills have morons running the show. Jury is out on the Jets because they're starting all over again, and Miami is limboville.

Pats won't be punished, AFC fucking sucks because I look around and there are just fools everywhere. Ravens, Pats, Steelers, Broncos and KC (only because I like Reid) rest is dysfunction. What a shit league.

Edit: Man the Chiefs are shit too. Like 3-4 decent to good teams. Fucking awful.

In the AFC it's all about parity, where all teams are mostly garbage.

Same is true for NFC though.

NFC West for the most part, Packers and then everyone else. Maybe the Cowboys, but they are still a bit dysfunctional.

LJ11

McCoy is going to be great for the Bills.

hahaha

Lets get real here, McCoy ran behind one of the most talented OLs in the league, in one back spread sets, though he did well in non spread sets with Reid. Now he's running behind one of the worst running blocking line in football, with a FB, and multiple TEs to block.

Wish him will, because unless the Bills spend 100m in FA and/or hit via the draft, he's going to be pounding his head into the ground.

Same is true for NFC though.

NFC West for the most part, Packers and then everyone else. Maybe the Cowboys, but they are still a bit dysfunctional.

Parity, where 8 teams compete for the title.

effzee

What in the holiest of fucks are the Eagles doing?

Banking on drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round who in years/eons past would have been a first round pick. Saving tons by not having McCoy on the books. Rookie RB will be paid less than a million a year for 3-4 seasons.

With Kiko hoping they stole a stud LB who will be back to form recovering from his injury.

A huge gamble but if it pays off they have just majorly upgraded their LBs while Chip probably believes he can handle the offense with his scheme.

Not saying I agree but that's the logic. Plus the cap space they save allows them to upgrade CB, Safety, and other depth holes across the team through FA.

effzee

hahaha

Lets get real here, McCoy ran behind one of the most talented OLs in the league, in one back spread sets, though he did well in non spread sets with Reid. Now he's running behind one of the worst running blocking line in football, with a FB, and multiple TEs to block.

Wish him will, because unless the Bills spend 100m in FA and/or hit via the draft, he's going to be pounding his head into the ground.

Parity, where 8 teams compete for the title.

Well I assume the Bills will be upgrading the oline anyway they can from here on. And McCoy is a great RB regardless. A great oline helps but if Spiller and Fred Jackson can be successful with that line and no QB, McCoy can be pretty good.

Top Bottom