• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Godslay

Banned
I don't mind the move for Cassel.

He's not a world beater, and no one expects him to be.

He's a stop gap, a guy who has the potential to bring a some semblance of competence to the QB position. It's a low bar, but the Bills are stuck in a tough spot. Cassel is good enough to provide stability in the offense in the form of a lower tier game manager. While that is happening the Bills can either develop a draft pick or continue looking elsewhere. Basically a glorified placeholder.

It's easy to call it a shit move, but when you have nothing it's an upgrade and not a lateral move. They will just have to continue to bring in talent and hope someone takes the job. Plenty of teams are in this spot, getting a decent QB is seemingly more luck than skill at times.

hahahaha

Well, it was lovely in any event. Oddly, structured very much like Northeastern America.

Yeah, our city layouts are nothing like your typical American cities. No blocks here, no simple straight roads that go north-south, east-west.

Ideal scenario for the Bills: Cassell tank commands the Bills to a 2-14 record, they grab a hot QB prospect in next year's draft. Unfortunately their defense is probably too good so they'll end up something like 7-9. Sucks to not suck enough!

:jnc

Small in size, but with a large heart.

JABEE

There aren't many options at QB in this market. Bills trading a late pick for one isn't a terrible move.

You can have Nick Foles for a 1st or 2nd. Please. I don't want to lose this bet!

MechDX

There aren't many options at QB in this market. Bills trading a late pick for one isn't a terrible move.

You can have Nick Foles for a 1st or 2nd. Please. I don't want to lose this bet!

iZb79Ub.png

Pepiope

At this point, you'd have to expect that Foles is going to be involved in the deal for MM.

I'd hope anyway. I've heard that Cox may be in a deal for MM, and I'm trying my hardest to believe that Chip isn't that stupid.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I had this really tasty Dutch dessert, like a fried eclair covered entirely in chocolate. Also, the town was obsessed with Bavaria. Bavarian flags, Bavarian beer, Bavarian pins and shit in the stores.

What's up with , Dutch?

jakncoke

Banned
I bet bills D reaction to Casell trade is the same as Mack rant when he said they had to pitch shuts outs. bills D is being wasted.

Actually, Cassel is probably the second best in his advanced age by now, now that I think about it. Tannehill is the best, obviously.

I agree. Dolphins seem like a lock for the division since they have the best QB. The bills are really the only legit challenge for the division crown because of their defense, but outside of that I don't see who else can win it.

MechDX

I'm telling you it's a fit. You don't think Andre wants to join a top QB and get revenge twice a yr against the Texans.

revenge? Some of you really need to watch some Andre's tape last year. he is still good but no where near what he used to be. Was consistently outplayed by Hopkins.

I have figured it all out though:

Texans send Mallet to go on a cocaine bender with Irsay
Irsay trades a 2,3,4 pick to Texans for Dre while in coked up stupor
Mallett gets deal as a "reward"
?????
Super Bowl

cdyhybrid

smh I rooted for you guys!

Sorry friend, I hadn't had my coffee yet so I wasn't thinking clearly!

I agree. Dolphins seem like a lock for the division since they have the best QB. The bills are really the only legit challenge for the division crown because of their defense, but outside of that I don't see who else can win it.

Should be interesting, Rex is going to have that team competitive at least.

Trey

Really? The Bills are worse right now than where they were last year. They just downgraded from Kyle Orton.

Orton was a lateral move from Manuel - a marginal upgrade at best.

The Bills got no better at the QB position, which is about all you can say about this team so far.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
EZ pls.

I'm just hear to rip on the Bills. We can rip on the Browns in a few days when they do something stupid again.

cdyhybrid

It was right after spygate.

They had to upgrade their whole cheating infrastructure.

Neither Rome nor the capitol of cunts (Foxboro) was built in a single day.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same team that is going to have allowed both Welker and Edelman to leave the league with scrambled eggs for a brain.

EZ pls.

I'm just hear to rip on the Bills. We can rip on the Browns in a few days when they do something stupid again.
Kave you'll like this. Gilbert and Haden are working out together this offseason, they have a picture training on Haden's Twitter.

Random question for you, assuming Hartline gets signed and we do indeed sign Cecil shorts. Browns proceed to draft a wr, who gets cut? I love Hawkins, and Taylor Gabriel I really like too. He can take the top of a D. Travis Benjamin nearing his end with Browns?
Edit: I forgot Austin is here too, and marlon Moore

I had this really tasty Dutch dessert, like a fried eclair covered entirely in chocolate. Also, the town was obsessed with Bavaria. Bavarian flags, Bavarian beer, Bavarian pins and shit in the stores.

What's up with , Dutch?

Fried eclair covered in chocolate? With whipped cream inside of it? A moorkop?

Also, there is a Dutch beer brand Bavaria as well. I Don't like the south of the country, with their silly accents

Not sure how reliable it is, but Raiders reportedly willing to pay Cobb $11 million per year.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1523353-the-11-million-man

I like it. Give Carr Some weapons to play with and see what he can do.

Top Bottom