• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

I just heard what wilbon said about thr Browns on PTI, and I would just like to say a big fuck you to Michael Wilbon. I will be launching a campaign against Michael "the bish" wilbon.

I'm watching OTL right now and let me get this straight about Greg Hardy.

He was assumed guilty until proven innocent, was suspended the whole 2014 season, lost $15 Million and has to still apply for reinstatement?

What in the fuck? The NFL should pay his 2014 salary, give a public apology and let him sign wherever he wants.

Meanwhile Jim Irsay gets busted with coke and hookers and gets a slap on the wrist.

Hardy was suspended without pay?

Godslay

Banned
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 3m3 minutes ago

Peyton Manning ready to take $4 million pay-cut on deal in final stages; he'll make $15 million, not $19 million, per @Jeff_Legwold & myself

Can't believe him. It's Mort. Only Schefty and Glazer are legit :)

Curious to see how it all works out.

Wonder if it's like Brady's 'pay cut' in that he'll end up with more money than he started with.

Still ~20% paycut is a damn good deal for us, and solidifies to me that PFM is the best.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

He was assumed guilty until proven innocent, was suspended the whole 2014 season, lost $15 Million and has to still apply for reinstatement?

What in the fuck? The NFL should pay his 2014 salary, give a public apology and let him sign wherever he wants.

Meanwhile Jim Irsay gets busted with coke and hookers and gets a slap on the wrist.

He was found guilty in a bench trial. He then requested a jury trial and paid off the only witness.

I don't want the Eagles to go through all that hoopla

Just trade Foles for the pick, get Mariota

And then fail to make the playoffs enough times that Chip gets exiled back to college

For good measure, have Foles suck on the Bucs too, just so Eagles fans realize their situation was hopeless no matter what

eznark

Banned

maxresdefault.jpg

Greg Hardy received every single game check he was owed under contract last year.

If anyone should be paid back, it be the Panthers.

TheFatOne

Can't believe him. It's Mort. Only Schefty and Glazer are legit :)

Curious to see how it all works out.

Wonder if it's like Brady's 'pay cut' in that he'll end up with more money than he started with.

Still ~20% paycut is a damn good deal for us, and solidifies to me that PFM is the best.
At choking in the playoffs sure.

Godslay

Banned
At choking in the playoffs sure.

Well I wasn't talking about cheating, so I guess you are right. :p

Adam Schefter
23 mins ·
Peyton Manning and Broncos are near agreement on new contract for the 2015 season in which he will take $4 million pay-cut, per @mortreport and @Jeff_Legwold.

Now it's legit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Greg Hardy received every single game check he was owed under contract last year.

If anyone should be paid back, it be the Panthers.

I thought he was suspended without pay. Still it was the NFL who suspended him before he even went to trial, right? So the NFL should pay back the Panthers.

effzee

Chip.

Chip.

No please. Don't do it. Would have been a better plan if when he came to the team 2 seasons ago he cut and traded all the talent so they could have tanked for a top pick this draft.

zychi

Banned
Well I wasn't talking about cheating, so I guess you are right. :p

Adam Schefter
23 mins ·
Peyton Manning and Broncos are near agreement on new contract for the 2015 season in which he will take $4 million pay-cut, per @mortreport and @Jeff_Legwold.

Now it's legit.

I love when Schef throws Mort a bone.

"I got the insider stuff, but here you go, take a little bit of credit"

Miami Dolphins expected to make hard push for free agent Ndamukong Suh

The Miami Dolphins are expected to make an all-out pitch to sign defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, which will likely feature an offer that will make the four-time Pro Bowl pick the NFL's highest paid defender, according to multiple team and league sources.

Teams can officially begin making formal offers to free agents on Saturday, and it is believed that the Dolphins will offer Suh a six-year deal that pays the 28-year-old more than $100 million, and features more than half of the contract — or at least $51 million — being fully guaranteed.

One league source said Mike Tannenbaum, the Dolphins' new vice president of football operations, plans to get "real creative" with Suh's contract, and will likely use a substantial amount of guaranteed money in the first three years as the selling point.
DAMN IT, KAS!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
*Sigh* We should've just franchised him if there was any doubt he's going to walk. I'm starting to get worried about is resigning him.

. Can only hope he pulls a Haynesworth.

No matter where he goes that won't be the case. Suh lives and breathes football. He will give it 110% everyday.

Truth hurts.
I don't need someone to tell me the state of Browns franchise, I'm living it. His words just seemed unprofessional to me in a national spotlight, and probably weren't needed.

However if he has a Twitter I will be constantly attacking him from now on...

Tom Penny

*Sigh* We should've just franchised him if there was any doubt he's going to walk. I'm starting to get worried about is resigning him.

He's 100% gone. It's time to accept the obvious. He also knows he has a better chance at winning with Tannehill or David Carr then Stafford.

Pepiope

Hmm... This is the first comment I've read that has me pausing to reconsider my stance. I could deal with seeing this legal hit applied to Tom a few times:
Eh, as soon as Suh touches Brady there will be a new rule in place, a 25 yard penalty applied to every drive for the remainder of the game, and a 6 game suspension for Suh.

Brady has nothing to worry about.

He's 100% gone. It's time to accept the obvious. He also knows he has a better chance at winning with Tannehill or David Carr then Stafford.

That brings up a classic dilemma of which do you admit: your team couldn't afford to pay him what he feels he deserves even if they pushed it off for a year, or your team doesn't have as good a chance of winning as a Florida team in his mind

Eh, as soon as Suh touches Brady there will be a new rule in place, a 25 yard penalty applied to every drive for the remainder of the game, and a 6 game suspension for Suh.

Brady has nothing to worry about.

We can only hope Goodell keeps the face of the league safe by keeping that thug away from Brady.

rando14

I don't need someone to tell me the state of Browns franchise, I'm living it. His words just seemed unprofessional to me in a national spotlight, and probably weren't needed.

However if he has a Twitter I will be constantly attacking him from now on...

What is your twitter handle bae? I would like to send you supportive messages

Godslay

Banned
I can't confirm without seeing the details but this would be pretty damn great:

Ross TuckerVerified account
‏@RossTuckerNFL
If Peyton takes $4M paycut as part of a simple restructure he'll be giving Broncos $10M+ in cap space

Fuck you Miami, you fucken bastards, I hope you try hard and suh rejects your stupid asses and he goes elsewhere and we end up 0-16 and the league forces Ross to sell the team for being a fucken embarrassment.

Top Bottom