• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

@DBriggsBlade: Bradley Roby told officer, "You are going to cost me my millions of dollars," according to police report.

Dunno what to make of Roby's arrest. Curious if it has a draft impact. Such a dumb thing to do when right on the edge of making millions

ShaneB

Crab legs can be expensive man!

Also, I'm not a fan of boneless wings, and just calling it that seems silly to me. Just call it chicken. or chicken nuggets, or chicken portions, or chicken anythings, but "Wings" need the bone, it's just the way it is.

Draxal

Good man.:)

One of my favorite shows on TV at the moment.

Kiper and Shay have the Giants taking Aaron Donald and OBJ respectively...

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...04-7b3b0cb77409?campaign=nyg:fanshare:twitter

Giant beat writers are talking up Haha today as well. I honestly can see them going 6 or 7 different ways.

I actually like Donald alot, but he doesn't seem to be what Reese typically goes after in linemen (le size).

edit. He shouldn't be there when the Giants pick based on college production.

Draxal

He won't be on lots of draft boards already b/c of the rape stuff. This doesn't really register other than being kind of funny

Honestly, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the rape incident. Did I think he did do it ... yeah most likely. However I also do remember the Duke lacrosse case.

Now that he has a decent history of doing stupid stuff while the spotlight is on him (the bk story), I think that cements it.

edit. He shouldn't be there when the Giants pick based on college production.

What happens with this QB class is going to dictate what level of talent drops to us. If there's a run on QB's in the top 10, things will be looking very good for teams in that 11-15 position, IMO.

Draxal

What happens with this QB class is going to dictate what level of talent drops to us. If there's a run on QB's in the top 10, things will be looking very good for teams in that 11-15 position, IMO.

I'm hoping there's a run on qbs, dlinemen (including Barr here) and wrs. Leaving one of Matthews and Robinson in striking range for a trade up.

Dunno what to make of Roby's arrest. Curious if it has a draft impact. Such a dumb thing to do when right on the edge of making millions
Too bad it won't knock him to the third round, I'd rather take a WR in the second.

You would think that first rounders would be careful as fuck right now. What a dumbass, and it looks worse due to his comment to the cop.

squicken

Honestly, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the rape incident. Did I think he did do it ... yeah most likely. However I also do remember the Duke lacrosse case.

Now that he has a decent history of doing stupid stuff while the spotlight is on him (the bk story), I think that cements it.

Well supposedly there is another incident that didn't lead to any investigations, but a female did seek some sort of university intervention. There's no smoking gun that he's a rapist, but enough to make you squeamish. If I was a GM, I would need my scouts to convince me it was all okay

Dragon

Banned
Hi Gata, where are you playing Child of Light?

thumblg.png

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jameis went to the wrong school. If he went to Miami, the boosters there would have provided him with hookers and crab legs.

You really think Chip would draft him having Foles already anyways?

I really do. Foles put up good numbers but I think we also saw how limited the offense can be with him. The offense wasnt close to the same against the Cowboys or Saints at the end of the season as it was earlier. Teams did figure it out to some extent. The Saints crashed down on McCoy on every single running play and Foles was to scared to keep it, plus he took that terrible sack that knocked them out of field goal range. I think Chip wants someone dynamic at QB, and that is not Foles. I really do think they would take JFF if they had the chance. Why else is Chip always talking about him, no reason for smoke screens for a guy they wont have a chance to draft anyways.

SMH

No. Just...no. Remember this: Watkins wouldn't even be the #1 receiver on the team. Trading 2 1sts and a 2nd for a #2 receiver? That trade would be a colossal waste and set the team back ANOTHER 2 years. It wouldn't surprise me to see them dangle Suh in a trade to try and move up, though.

Sit pat at 10 and take BPA. Gilbert and/or Barr will likely be available and could fit in quite well. Barr especially intrigues me as a DE. Raw and incredibly skilled--just like Ansah, who had a good year.

Agrees. We need bodies, and luckily we have a lot of picks. I'd rather get some depth than blow our load on Watkins. All we need is a #3 WR who can catch and get open. Plenty will be available in the second round. Moncrief, Benjamin, the guy from Penn State, etc.

I like Gilbert but agree with Kas that a DB will take awhile to develop, and we need an impact player; Barr could be that player. However did you guys see the rumors that the Lions are concerned Houston might be done due to his toe? If that's the case we could be forced to take Gilbert.

Imagine if this draft is as successful as last years for us. That possibility makes me want to keep all our picks.

I really do. Foles put up good numbers but I think we also saw how limited the offense can be with him. The offense wasnt close to the same against the Cowboys or Saints at the end of the season as it was earlier. Teams did figure it out to some extent. The Saints crashed down on McCoy on every single running play and Foles was to scared to keep it, plus he took that terrible sack that knocked them out of field goal range. I think Chip wants someone dynamic at QB, and that is not Foles. I really do think they would take JFF if they had the chance. Why else is Chip always talking about him, no reason for smoke screens for a guy they wont have a chance to draft anyways.

Valid point

@themattyI

Very disappointed Jameis Winston had trouble executing the QB sneak.

:jnc

squicken

Imagine if this draft is as successful as last years for us. That possibility makes me want to keep all our picks.

I think teams moving up will want to part with picks in next year's draft, but I think Kas is a little too eager as far as moving up. Maybe if Evans or Watkins falls to 7 or 8, but otherwise, I think DET just has to take a CB or move down

MechDX

With just 4 picks before the 7th round, don't be surprised if the @RAIDERS pass on drafting a QB high in this class. Twitter

Tamanon

Banned
Can we instead talk about some people not even rating Bridgewater in their top 50 now? It's just craziness. Move the draft 2 more weeks and Bridgewater may go undrafted.

cajunator

Banned
Can we instead talk about some people not even rating Bridgewater in their top 50 now? It's just craziness. Move the draft 2 more weeks and Bridgewater may go undrafted.

I have a feeling he's going to end up one of the best in this class.
He will have this "fuck you" attitude for a while.

Top Bottom