• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

Good lord. MT @SI_DougFarrar: Gruden said on call that if a QB didn't have a good workout for him, QB might go off the board. One workout.

Three years of good film thrown out by one workout? Advice from Jon Gruden—Ruiner of Quarterbacks

Matt Miller Twitter

squicken

So a guy has great tape. Then at his pro day he works out bad. You bring him in to your facility for a private workout and he still looks bad. You read Gruden say at his QB Camp that the guy worked out bad that day

Trust the tape?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You guys call me when you're ready to admit we need to sacrifice someone to the blood god to make this thread sane again.

You guys call me when you're ready to admit we need to sacrifice someone to the blood god to make this thread sane again.

I've got a good idea on who btw
alligator-zigzag-1.jpg

I lost interest in how Bridgewater is getting viewed a while back. I'm going to chalk it up to people going insane over the extended time leading up to the draft. You don't drop a guy viewed as the best QB in this particular draft for a couple years straight all the way up to the end of this season just because of a few stupid work outs. So everything seen this past few years is suddenly an aberration? Give me a freaking break! If all the GMs before us are stupid enough to pass on him (the ones that need a QB soon anyway) then I will laugh with glee. Having Bridge to sit and learn the system behind Palmer would be amazing. By all means, let him fall to 20!

Retweeted by Scott Petrak ct
Baltimore Ravens ‏ @ Ravens 37 mins
Ozzie said that in the 2007 draft, the Ravens were in the midst of trading up to get Brady Quinn, but the Browns offered more to move up.

So a guy has great tape. Then at his pro day he works out bad. You bring him in to your facility for a private workout and he still looks bad. You read Gruden say at his QB Camp that the guy worked out bad that day

Trust the tape?
I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, the guy has shown he can play. But the private workout suggests that when he's not just playing football but trying to prove his worth to people worth billions of dollars, and those people are jotting down everything he does, and treating him like a product on top of a player, can he still perform? Or does the stress get to him. He's off target, he's short-arming his throws. His anus is clenched tight.

I'm worried about that guy being The Guy because maybe he doesn't believe it.

Syrinx

Good lord. MT @SI_DougFarrar: Gruden said on call that if a QB didn't have a good workout for him, QB might go off the board. One workout.

Three years of good film thrown out by one workout? Advice from Jon Gruden—Ruiner of Quarterbacks

Matt Miller Twitter

That explains a lot, actually.

squicken

I'm
I'm worried about that guy being The Guy because maybe he doesn't believe it.

Yeah I am not dubbing him undraftable, but I am no longer going to consider him the top QB. And it's not like his tape was flawless. He had some bad games and has some deep ball issues. None of the QBs were a sure thing based off "the tape"

MechDX

RT @vxmcclure23: Dimitroff when I asked if he's talked to #Texans about trade, ``I don't want to talk about the teams that I've spoken with.

uh oh RT @vxmcclure23: When asked specifically about the #Texans, that's when Dimitroff declined to discuss any details.

Devilish grin

Itshappening.gif

cdyhybrid

RT @vxmcclure23: Dimitroff when I asked if he's talked to #Texans about trade, ``I don't want to talk about the teams that I've spoken with.

uh oh RT @vxmcclure23: When asked specifically about the #Texans, that's when Dimitroff declined to discuss any details.

Devilish grin

Itshappening.gif

MechDX posting template

IF (rumorbenefitsTexans=true) {
post itshappening.gif;
} ELSE {
post smokescreen.gif;
}

tmdorsey

Devilish grin

Itshappening.gif

Keep hope alive!

We better not give up the bank to move up 5 spots for a position player

Bread

Banned

Devilish grin

Itshappening.gif
do it BOBby!

Part of me wants to see Atlanta mortgage their future again just to fail in the playoffs yet again and be hamstrung by a lack of depth in a few years.

But part of me doesn't want to see Jadaveon Clowney in the division when the Panthers offensive line resembles swiss cheese.

I'm conflicted

Top Bottom