• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

So apparently Romo comes to camp heavy every year? Came in at about 240ish last year. First time hearing this, was on radio.

It's part of why Dallas has the love/hate with him. He's never been a super hard worker. Jerry even mentioned it last year when he said he wanted Romo to become like Peyton and put in the long hours.

cajunator

Banned
It's part of why Dallas has the love/hate with him. He's never been a super hard worker. Jerry even mentioned it last year when he said he wanted Romo to become like Peyton and put in the long hours.

He has nobody to challenge him and no pressure to really succeed. I feel bad for him at this point. Its like he doesnt really give a shit because he knows Jerry doesnt.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Considering the fact hes had 2 back surgeries in the past year dunno how he comes into camp in great shape anyway.

He has nobody to challenge him and no pressure to really succeed. I feel bad for him at this point. Its like he doesnt really give a shit because he knows Jerry doesnt.

That teams talent has gone down the drain and they still have Jason Garrett as a head coach. None of that is on Romo, he's been the only reason they've been relevant at all the past few years.

I wouldn't give a shit on that team either, as long as jerry is calling the shots they have no chance so fuck it, take the pay. His best chance for a ring is another team with a GM who knows what they are doing and actually gives a shit.

Did anything ever come of that? I remember Jerry saying that he need to come in every day in the offseason and work harder when he signed the contract, but I dont remember any stories about him actually doing it. Seems like Romo really likes working on his golf game in the offseason.

rando14

not for a while

for life
uRZsyr9.jpg

I saw him at the gym again!!

....He was using the leg adductor machine

Drakeon

That teams talent has gone down the drain and they still have Jason Garrett as a head coach. None of that is on Romo, he's been the only reason they've been relevant at all the past few years.

Gotta agree here, Romo doesn't deserve all the blame for Dallas being consistently medicore. Most of that should go to Jerry Jones for keeping Garrett on and being a generally terrible GM.

BBV has an article talking about possible later round selections for the Giants if they pass up on the some of the big names in RD1

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/4/30/5659272/2014-nfl-draft-ny-giants-rumors-news-draft-board

Another mention and subsequent gushing for Telvion Smith (LJ will be pleased)

So here you are, a card carrying member of the "Beezer Brigade" and you're sitting there frustrated and angry on Day 2. If you can't have Anthony Barr in the first round because the Giants took some other schmuck, you sat and waited eagerly as SLB phenom Kyle Van Noy was still on the board at the start of the second round. Did that guy 'Invictus' say he was cool or something? If not him, you could nab the ultra-productive, speed freak Ryan Shazier. Dude runs like a 4.1 and jumps like 80 feet. He's perfect!

Then you see them go in quick succession and you're left empty handed at 43. Well, time to shut this thing off, right? NOT SO FAST. There's this one guy named Telvin Smith from the NCAA championship winning Florida State Seminoles still sitting there.

But BBI, you say, isn't he 6-foot-3, 220 pounds? Yes. Yes he is. So was Jacquian Williams, and so was the guy I'm going to compare him to ... Lavonte David. Don't be fooled by David showing up at the combine at 233, he played under 230 during the season. Smith is seriously suffering from "Aaron Donald syndrome." Maybe it's just me going crazy, but I went back and saw Smith again this past week after seeing everybody and was blown away by his instincts and fluidity. Instinctually, he stands up to anybody in this draft. He's too fast flowing, too rangy, and too absurdly disruptive to not be successful. His hip flexibility is like that of a corner. The only thing holding him back is size, but I think an NFL conditioning program sets him right. If he were about 10 pounds heavier, we're talking possible first-round pick. Don't sleep on him.

cdyhybrid

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 2m
Oh, God. "I could see A.J. McCarron going in the first round... production speaks volumes: 36 wins, four losses." Imma go outside now.

Fuck you Goodell.

Top Bottom