• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

BigAT

That SI cover makes Manziel look like a midget.

John_Travolta.jpg

"Yeah...looks like."

MechDX

Had to remove Arian Foster from my Twitter Feed. It was just too much.

Arian can get preachy but then goes on a bacon love tirade a minute later. He is the spice in Twitter.

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff to Polian on ESPN on what it'll take to get from 6 to 1: "You and I both know that's gonna take a future 1."

You got damn right! And your 2 and third this year and also a 3 next year. If the Falcons don't want to pay that fuck em.

Everyone getting together to pick what they think is most likely rather than fanbases picking for their team iirc

Yep. It's another "What You Think Will Happen" mock with two caveats:

1) Reps for each team have to sit out their team's pick (I.E. I can't pick for the Panthers, Well Known JFF Hater Mech can't pick for the Texans, Gata can't pick for the Jaguars)

2) Trades are allowed

MechDX

I want control over the Patriots

I make that decision. You can have the Jags.

1) Reps for each team have to sit out their team's pick (I.E. I can't pick for the Panthers, Well Known JFF Hater Mech can't pick for the Texans, Gata can't pick for the Jaguars)

2) Trades are allowed

What if I pick JFF? I would vomit in my mouth while I type it but I could fake it.

Hey and CDY? You can quit riding my nuts anytime today.

MechDX

I thought what was being proposed was that those of us that really want to do it and will actively pick, do the draft over which means there'd probably just be a handful or so covering the whole draft and that we would allow trades. So we'd get lots of community picks, but those participating could still do their own team. The community would also be beneficial for deciding who a likely trade partner would be so a fan couldn't abuse the option.

MechDX

I thought what was being proposed was that those of us that really want to do it and will actively pick, do the draft over which means there'd probably just be a handful or so covering the whole draft and that we would allow trades. So we'd get lots of community picks, but those participating could still do their own team. The community would also be beneficial for deciding who a likely trade partner would be so a fan couldn't abuse the option.

Said it before and Ill say it again: Cool idea but it needs its own thread. ESPECIALLY now with more draft leaks and rumors starting to come out. Trying to follow along could be a cluster.

Draxal

I'm cool with that.

I'd also be cool with a mock draft competition as well using the huddle report scoring system.

Player predicted in the first round (P) = 1 point, Player matched to team (M) = 2 points, each pick can score 0, 1 or 3 points. Ties are broken by (M)

Winner gets to choose what team Squicken Squickens to this year.

bigosc2k

Banned

2) Trades are allowed
I like that idea I'm in.

I'm down for the mock of course of course. I'll run it again if necessary but would prefer to bow out of that responsibility if possible if someone else wants to step up.

As mentioned, fans of the team picking have no input in the pick. They can have input in OTHER teams picks though. Just not their own.

One other thing:

- If a trade is being made, it can't be insanity. You have to posit who the trade partner will be and what the compensation looks like. If it sounds plausible, the community can approve it. If not, we can nix it.

We can work off of this chart as a base for pick values and what's needed to trade up or down:

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Top Bottom