• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
BmgsLGEIYAE-tDf.jpg

giphy.gif

I remember as a kid I've always saw those Tony Romas baby back rib commercial so I would want to go there.

When I eventually did... it sucked. So where can I get me some real baby back ribs? I've only had that and I Cheese Cake Factory.

Konka

Banned
I remember as a kid I've always saw those Tony Romas baby back rib commercial so I would want to go there.

When I eventually did... it sucked. So where can I get me some real baby back ribs? I've only had that and I Cheese Cake Factory.

Go to a local BBQ joint.

Baby_back_ribs_-_hickory_smoked.jpg

MechDX

I think Texans try to trade but end up having to take Clowney

Agreed. They are in the position of strength in any negotiation for a deal and need to ask for the world. pick 33 will fetch a nice premium on day 2 as well.with such a deep draft

MRSA

Banned

You can oven bake some ribs, while its nowhere near as good as smoked ribs. Its still pretty good. Grab some babyback or spareribs (St. Louis style are just trimmed spareribs so don't pay extra for it). Get a BBQ spice rub of your choice, remove the back membrane if you want (I personally don't). Put the spice rub errrywhere, wrap it in tin foil. Bake at 250 for about 2 hours, remove throw a coat of BBQ sauce, turn up heat to 350, return to oven. Remove after 15 minutes and add another coat and repeat 3 or 4 times.

Mike D'Antoni out. who will the Lakers bring in?

Syrinx

If you wanna try cooking them yourself, try cooking them in a slow cooker.

You can oven bake some ribs, while its nowhere near as good as smoked ribs. Its still pretty good. Grab some babyback or spareribs (St. Louis style are just trimmed spareribs so don't pay extra for it). Get a BBQ spice rub of your choice, remove the back membrane if you want (I personally don't). Put the spice rub errrywhere, wrap it in tin foil. Bake at 250 for about 2 hours, remove throw a coat of BBQ sauce, turn up heat to 350, return to oven. Remove after 15 minutes and add another coat and repeat 3 or 4 times.

listen to mrsa

If you wanna try cooking them yourself, try cooking them in a slow cooker.

Seems like cook it yourself is the only way huh....

I've also had BBQ at this place

http://www.famousdaves.com/menu/barbeque-classics

Who claims to be the best, but yea... not buying that. It wasn't bad but nothing special either.

NFC WEST SON!

BmeP5SwCAAACGnp.jpg

Konka

Banned

Yeah oven baked ribs are plain easy. If you have a grill I'd say finish it off over a hot fire to get it really crispy. If not, throw them under the broiler for a little while.

MRSA

Banned
Seems like cook it yourself is the only way huh....

I've also had BBQ at this place

http://www.famousdaves.com/menu/barbeque-classics

Who claims to be the best, but yea... not buying that. It wasn't bad but nothing special either.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmeP5SwCAAACGnp.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

I forgot to say, after you put the coat of BBQ sauce, return it to the oven uncovered. It'll crisp up nicely.

There are four major styles of BBQ: Carolinas, Memphis, Kansas City, and Texas.

EDIT: Also Famous Daves sucks, we have a major chain here called Lucille's that's actually pretty damn tasty.

squicken

Agreed. They are in the position of strength in any negotiation for a deal and need to ask for the world. pick 33 will fetch a nice premium on day 2 as well.with such a deep draft

I just don't know their target. If it is Bortles, can they afford to drop past 5? I just think they have to worry about too many other teams if they want Mack as well. fwiw I will not be shocked if they draft Mack at 1

MechDX

"He's too skinny"—Gains 14 lbs

"Small hands"—Same as Garoppolo

"Didn't play anyone"—Same schedule at Bortles

"Well, then, bad character"

The Bridgewater slander pisses me off because guys aren't saying, "Hate his film, no thanks." They're creating issues where there are none

Matt Miller just going off on Twitter towards Teddy haters

"He's too skinny"—Gains 14 lbs

"Small hands"—Same as Garoppolo

"Didn't play anyone"—Same schedule at Bortles

"Well, then, bad character"

The Bridgewater slander pisses me off because guys aren't saying, "Hate his film, no thanks." They're creating issues where there are none

Matt Miller just going off on Twitter towards Teddy haters

Do you want for them to just come out and say "he's black"?

MRSA

Banned
You take best player available, ALWAYS, not need.

Texans will take Clowney, there's no doubt about it. At least smart GMs would take BPA.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pics from Lions mini camp.

1797339_10152332026288605_7349621491739718216_n.jpg

Coach Caldwell and Stafford going over details on how they plan to execute the Greatest Show on Turf 2.0

1901880_10152331678553605_3093041531412620841_n.jpg

Justin Gilbert visiting a practice. Looks like we won't be trading up.

10177369_10152330218978605_5791034389888793991_n.jpg

"Golden Tate admires Jim Caldwell's 'family atmosphere' approach

Golden Tate believes a family atmosphere is just as important as talent when it comes to being a championship team."

MechDX

Y'all know I love Johnny Manziel...but why are NFL people questioning Bridgewater as the face of a team and not Johnny?

Last thing I'm gonna say about Bridgewater tonight. Do you want Russell Wilson? Draft Bridgewater.

Miller

I REALLY hope he falls. I would love to see him stick it to the league. As a Texan of course

Tamanon

Banned
There's no way Bridgewater drops out of the first. A team will trade back into the first to grab him. Assuming the Jags don't pick him and get bitched at for "reaching".

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions beat writer Tim Twentyman on Draft rumors:

Regarding the Lions trading Suh before the draft:

Mike: I put trading Suh in the category of possible but less than 50 percent.

Too high or too low?

Tim: That might be a little high. I’d say closer to 25 percent or so.

The Lions believe they can win now and trading away their best defensive player doesn’t match that mantra.

Regarding the Lions drafting a QB in a later round:

Mike, I’ve heard a lot of chatter recently about the Lions adding a quarterback next week. Thoughts?

Mike: I’d do it in the fourth round or later, but I’d want a quarterback with mobility over a pure pocket passer. Then turn him over to Jim Caldwell, Joe Lombardi and Jim Bob Cooter to develop.

There are two reasons to get a mobile prospect, and neither has anything to do with putting pressure on Matthew Stafford. He’s going to be the starter for a long time. If you develop a quarterback as the backup, you can get trade value after two or three. The Packers used to have success with that.

And another reason is to add a dynamic for practice that’s lacking. There isn’t a mobile quarterback on the roster who can help prepare the defense in practice to face the likes of Russell Wilson.

Regarding the Lions possibly trading up:

How high up should the Lions trade in the first round, and who is the No. 1 target?

Tim: Going all the way to No. 2 is likely to be too pricey. You’re looking at a first, second and probably an additional pick this year or next year. In a deep draft, that’s a big price.

If they move up, No. 4 or No. 5 is more likely.

There are three players I’d consider trading up for – defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, linebacker Khalil Mack and receiver Sammy Watkins.

I like Watkins a lot, but I think Clowney and Mack would have more immediate impact. Clowney isn’t making it past Houston at No. 1, so if it were me, and I could move up to get a versatile linebacker who can drop in coverage, play the run and rush the passer, that’s an immediate impact for the defense, I’d probably select Mack over Watkins.

But Megatron, Golden Tate and Watkins would be pretty special. Tough choice. Glad I don’t have to make it.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...t-rumors/63305a4c-6057-42c8-b9a2-5a98ab773a17

I think the only way Watkins falls to #5 is if both Bortels and Manziel get drafted in the Top 4. If Watkins or even Mack reach #5 I think Mayhew makes that trade.

Top Bottom