• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

VY and JFF potentially on the same NFL team?

This does not bode well for Houston when we go to Cleveland this year. Chips everywhere!

Draxal

Hopefully Beatty is back by then. Not thrilled if Brown is going to protect Eli's blindside. All could be blowing smoke, of course. Still, I see them going for a pure OG/C prospect before an offensive tackle, unless Matthews somehow dropped.

I honestly think Martin to Giants is not smoke. Justin Pugh is a prototypical Giants lineman, and Future described him as a berrer Justin Pugh.

Mayock says SJS QB David Fales will probably wear a baseball cap for 10 years and occasionally compete for a starting job.

Ouch.

My two favorite QBs from this draft as well. Murray, to me, is like a better Chase Daniel. Oddly lots of UGA fans didn't like Murray

Surprised you like Murray, his pocket presence is about the same as Carr, doesn't do well with pressure, real or imagined.

squicken

^^^ I would think we would go with Matthews instead of Lewan, but we'll see.

Entirely possible Rams take Mathews and Raiders take Robinson. I really don't have a good guess on how Rams have the OL ranked, other than I think they like all 4 and so a trade down won't cost much as long as they get one of them

JABEE

Even though I like Foles a lot. More and more, the Johnny Football mock draft selection sounds more realistic.

I want Justin Gilbert or Odell Beckham otherwise.

Striker

I honestly think Martin to Giants is not smoke. Justin Pugh is a prototypical Giants lineman, and Future described him as a berrer Justin Pugh.
Martin is certainly intriguing. I think he is a fallback option if somebody like Evans isn't available, though. If they were to pick him, he has to play. No reason to pick somebody at #12 in this draft class and not have him be able to start on a line that was god-awful last season. The LT and RG spots are open but if Beatty is back by then he'll start. OL possibilities:

Beatty-Martin-Walton-Schwartz-Pugh
Pugh-Beatty-Walton-Schwartz-Martin
Pugh-Schwartz-Walton-?-Martin

"?" could be Jerry or Snee. Wildcard is Beatty. I think he's too finesse to play guard and RT and his contract is fairly large.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've missed 100 minutes of a Mayock draft conference call? NFL's website did an awful job advertising this. I had no idea it was on.

Wes

venison crêpe
NFL Network have 15 war room cameras for the draft. Need to see what upgrades the Jags have done.

gutshot

Even though I like Foles a lot. More and more, the Johnny Football mock draft selection sounds more realistic.

I want Justin Gilbert or O'Dell Beckham otherwise.

There's no way he falls to 22. Our mock draft was bonkers.

Plus what do you do with Foles then? You'd have to try and trade him and no one will give you anything when they know you've essentially given up on him anyway.

jbug617

Banned
Good news guys who use twitter.

@richarddeitsch: Both ESPN and the NFL Network say their reporters will not pre-report pick by pick selections on Twitter during Round 1 of the NFL Draft.

Just unfollow LaCanfora because he will spoil the picks.

Striker

Twitter posts should be banned unless they're describing trade details of some kind. Seeing LaCanfora's posts or hearing Berman on live TV spoil the picks is the worst.

This is the thing. I was sure that the Flyers were making the ECF if they got past the Rangers. The Penguins are hobbled and they match up poorly against the Flyers.

I was already thinking about the Habs upsetting the Bruins and the Flyers making the Final.

This wasn't their year though. The Flyers don't have enough talent and youth on the backend. Hopefully Ghost, Laughton, and whoever they bring in to help the defense will make the Flyers a contender next season.

I want to see them make a trade for a 1st pairing defenseman and for them to sign a top line winger who can skate with G and Voracek. Someone that knows how to finish.
I hope they trade Couts in the offseason, dude was terrible in this series.

There's no way he falls to 22. Our mock draft was bonkers.

Plus what do you do with Foles then? You'd have to try and trade him and no one will give you anything when they know you've essentially given up on him anyway.

Let Foles play the year while JFF learns. If he does well then pick up his option multiple teams would want to trade for him after 2 good seasons, if he sucks then you let him walk and you havent lost anything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Twitter posts should be banned unless they're describing trade details of some kind. Seeing LaCanfora's posts or hearing Berman on live TV spoil the picks is the worst.

YES YES YES

2 years ago was the absolute worst. Last year was so much better.

JABEE

I hope they trade Couts in the offseason, dude was terrible in this series.

Let Foles play the year while JFF learns. If he does well then pick up his option multiple teams would want to trade for him after 2 good seasons, if he sucks then you let him walk and you havent lost anything.

No way, YH. I have to stop you there. You are dead wrong. Couts is going to be a 60-70 point Selke winner for years to come. He's only 21 years old. I'm not giving up on him. He didn't even have that bad of a series.

Couturier had almost 40 points this year while playing exclusively in a shutdown/PK role. He's a big dude with a lot of offensive upside. Don't give up on him.

No way, YH. I have to stop you there. You are dead wrong. Couts is going to be a 60-70 point Selke winner for years to come. He's only 21 years old. I'm not giving up on him. He didn't even have that bad of a series.

Couturier had almost 40 points this year while playing exclusively in a shutdown/PK role. He's a big dude with a lot of offensive upside. Don't give up on him.

I will never forget that turnover in game 7 that lead to the first goal. Plus who else do they have to trade?

Worrying about draft spoilers is the dumbest fucking thing.

How so? The draft is an event, something people like to watch unfold so why don't you understand the concept of some of us not wanting to spoil it on a message forum or twitter? That's cool if you and some others could give a shit about the event aspect of it but you should at least be able to understand or respect why others don't want to be spoiled. If I can deal with you watching shitty cartoon pony shows as a grown man you can deal with me enjoying my little draft show!

JABEE

I will never forget that turnover in game 7 that lead to the first goal. Plus who else do they have to trade?

Brayden Schenn. I'm not trading Sean Couturier. Look at Patrice Bergeron. That's who Couturier is except Couturier is as tall and strong as the Stall brothers in Carolina.

Replacing Couturier is hard. He plays the second most minutes on the team behind Giroux. There is a reason for that. Couturier is probably the second best player on the team, and has only scratched the surface. You can be disappointed in his offensive output, but Couturier is ready to explode.

I don't really care for spoilers to the draft, but since I'll be at work for the start of round 1 and I'll be here following along I won't spoil anything

gutshot

Everytime someone posts a draft spoiler in here, I will post a synopsis of an upcoming chapter in GoT.

tumblr_mbdzxpi1TE1qd8642o1_1280.jpg

dionysus

Yaldog
I am not alone! JFF.....your thoughts?

I like him and wouldn't be disappointed with him as the Texans pick but I'd prefer Clowney or one of the others in the top 5, maybe even your pick of Mack.

Honestly I think luck is a bigger component than skill in determining a teams draft success. Every player has an upside and a downside, a good organization can only do so much to tilt the odds in their favor.

Bread

Banned
You are sexier than:

99.99 percent of NFL players
100 percent of NBA players
100 percent of NHL players
100 percent of MLB players

damn it tom!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
How so? The draft is an event, something people like to watch unfold so why don't you understand the concept of some of us not wanting to spoil it on a message forum or twitter? That's cool if you and some others could give a shit about the event aspect of it but you should at least be able to understand or respect why others don't want to be spoiled. If I can deal with you watching shitty cartoon pony shows as a grown man you can deal with me enjoying my little draft show!
It's a news event. Shit is actually happening with actual consequences, so whether you hear about it now, a few minutes later, or a few weeks later, you're going to hear about it regardless whether you like it or not, so why not earlier?

Even if it were such a big deal, then turn off the computer and sit your ass in front of the TV.

MechDX

I like him and wouldn't be disappointed with him as the Texans pick but I'd prefer Clowney or one of the others in the top 5, maybe even your pick of Mack.

Honestly I think luck is a bigger component than skill in determining a teams draft success. Every player has an upside and a downside, a good organization can only do so much to tilt the odds in their favor.

Damn. I needed to see "Fuck that big handed dwarf!"

We cant be friends anymore

Brayden Schenn. I'm not trading Sean Couturier. Look at Patrice Bergeron. That's who Couturier is except Couturier is as tall and strong as the Stall brothers in Carolina.

Replacing Couturier is hard. He plays the second most minutes on the team behind Giroux. There is a reason for that. Couturier is probably the second best player on the team, and has only scratched the surface. You can be disappointed in his offensive output, but Couturier is ready to explode.

B Schenn looks to be a great offensive player. The Flyers desperately need more scoring. They lost to the Rags because of lack of scoring more then anything else.

It's a news event. Shit is actually happening with actual consequences, so whether you hear about it now, a few minutes later, or a few weeks later, you're going to hear about it regardless whether you like it or not, so why not earlier?

Even if it were such a big deal, then turn off the computer and sit your ass in front of the TV.

It's not just news, it's entertainment. I feel humor when a team makes a perceived shitty pick or anger when someone takes the guy I want for my team or elation when my guy keeps falling. I feel anticipation when the clock is running and for the walk up to the podium, card in hand. The way it's conveyed is a lot more suspenseful and entertaining to me than other mediums. I understand what you're saying, what I'm trying to convey to you is that some of us see this as pure entertainment, not just matter of fact news. As for staying away from online, we like to troll each other for their team making a shitty pick! If the Texans take JFF, I want to see Mech's tears!

Top Bottom