• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Falcons update:

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel · 1m

Per @caplannfl, Bear Pascoe is a Falcon.

Good for him. Team guy. Definition of average but has a ton of versatility. He can lineup as a receiver, blocks /ok/ and can play fullback if needed.

You are sexier than:

99.99 percent of NFL players
100 percent of NBA players
100 percent of NHL players
100 percent of MLB players

damn it tom!
image.php

MechDX

Reporters trying to get Smith to let out anything on who the pick is. He just smiles and gives the textbook "Use our evaluations and draft accordingly if we have that pick".

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's not just news, it's entertainment. I feel humor when a team makes a perceived shitty pick or anger when someone takes the guy I want for my team or elation when my guy keeps falling. I feel anticipation when the clock is running and for the walk up to the podium, card in hand. The way it's conveyed is a lot more suspenseful and entertaining to me than other mediums. I understand what you're saying, what I'm trying to convey to you is that some of us see this as pure entertainment, not just matter of fact news. As for staying away from online, we like to troll each other for their team making a shitty pick! If the Texans take JFF, I want to see Mech's tears!
The nature of national television means that nothing is perfectly synced to begin with. People watching on DirecTV will be on a delay from those watching on cable, for example. Those tears you look forward to will happen whenever the news hits for that person whether YOU saw it onscreen yet or not. So either information gets out when it gets out and you take it for what it is, or you leave the pageantry pristine.

McKenzie: “Matt Schaub gives us stability (at QB.) We needed that. Doesn’t mean we’re going to pass on one we’ve graded high.”

Come home Teddy.

other tidbits

grimaced when asked about Bortles, said he needs some development

said not to over analyze with 2 extra weeks, his board is set.

Pro-days have limited effect on final grades.

Mack cant help who he plays against. He did well vs good competition.

His phone line is always open on draft day, has gotten some feelers for no.5 but no offers.

40 yd time.is important but being a football player n read n reacting is what is most important.

by year 3 u should know if a player is good or not.

you draft for the future , not right now. But he does feel he needs more then a couple that makes a impact THIS year.

TP was never asked to switch positions. Said TP didn't want to be traded. Said its hard to tell a player he is gone.

Said he is excited for DJ this year, he's bigger, stronger and meaner.

This offseason his plan is starting to come into fruition that he started 2 years ago, said we will be better this year

Better roster brings better competition.. Presser is over

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 9m
At least 4 teams that I know of have inquired bout top pick but checking and doing are totally different.

Falcons and who else....

jbug617

Banned
Never really paid attention to it but how long does Gata have to keep the avatar? I hope he doesn't change it because I'm use to it now.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 9m
At least 4 teams that I know of have inquired bout top pick but checking and doing are totally different.

Falcons and who else....

Falcons, Jags, Bills and maybe the Lions

MechDX

They would trade if the price is right.

I think if the Jags give you #3, #35 and a later pick for #1 you guys would do it.

It's not unheard of, but they would need a great deal to placate fans.

If I were a GM the trade price would be pretty damn astronomical.

Say the Texans trade #1 to the Jags. they draft Clowney and he goes and terrorizes Houston twice a year for the next ten years. You cant ever live that sort of thing down. Not worth it.

squicken

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Hearing more and more about ATL fearing, at 6, all 3 top LT, and Clowney and Mack all off the board. May need to jump STL to get Robinson

Definitely the nightmare scenario for ATL. Hard to see it happening, though. Would need Jags or Browns to take a LT

MechDX

Definitely the nightmare scenario for ATL. Hard to see it happening, though. Would need Jags or Browns to take a LT

I am convinced we will not know jack shit until the draft actually starts. No one will move until they know what Houston is going to do and Rick Smith aint showing shit. As evidenced by his press conference.

I am convinced we will not know jack shit until the draft actually starts. No one will move until they know what Houston is going to do and Rick Smith aint showing shit. As evidenced by his press conference.

I prefer it this way, I hate when the first top 5 or 10 picks are already pretty much known.

MechDX

John Middlekauff @JohnMiddlekauff · 21m
Not trying to pile on Teddy, really don't care either way. I talked w/2 QB coaches today, both gave him 3rd round grades

Now he is a 3rd rounder? What the hell is going on here?

Not trying to pile on Teddy, really don't care either way. I talked w/2 QB coaches today, both gave him 3rd round grades

What do you care, Texans gonna draft Johnny Football anyways.

Tamanon

Banned

Bunch of bullshit, that's all.

Eleuin

#smokescreen #crappyjffphotoshops

ShaneB

I posted this in the Mental Health thread, but I figure it's ok to post it here as well, given how I felt the other day and what I said...

This was a quote in the book I just finished reading, it impacted me a lot, and I thought I could share it here as well. Certainly applicable, and something I should take to heart, that I shouldn't be afraid to ask for help..

“He repeated the story he liked to tell us. The one with the small boy who was trying to lift a rock in his garden, and the boy’s dad was watching him heave and sweat and struggle, but get nowhere. Eventually the dad asks, ‘Why don’t you use all of your strength?’ And the boy says, ‘I am, Daddy. I am using all of my strength.’ And his dad says, ‘No you’re not. You haven’t asked me for help. ”

The nature of national television means that nothing is perfectly synced to begin with. People watching on DirecTV will be on a delay from those watching on cable, for example. Those tears you look forward to will happen whenever the news hits for that person whether YOU saw it onscreen yet or not. So either information gets out when it gets out and you take it for what it is, or you leave the pageantry pristine.

Oh c'mon, the delay is not that great. I watch the pick on television, THEN I look at the thread and comment/read reactions. I then turn my attention back to the tv before the next pick, said following pick will not yet have been revealed on television yet and thus I won't be spoiled in the thread. I did this successfully last year, this isn't just based on theory. While true that I could read all the reactions after the fact, we all know that it's never the same as experiencing it in the moment. Can you get entertainment by hunting down an FMT meltdown post? Of course! but it's not nearly as satisfying as being able to react/respond to it while he's still steaming.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345801/article/julius-thomas-seahawks-didnt-beat-us-we-did

Julius Thomas: Seahawks didn't beat us -- we did

With Denver's Super Bowl thumping in the rearview mirror, Broncos tight end Julius Thomas has grown weary of the endless accolades directed at the defense of the Seattle Seahawks.

"I think a lot of talk has been made about how physical a defense is, and I know that can have an effect on the offense," Thomas said Wednesday, per Mike Klis of The Denver Post. "But I don't think that their defense is so much more physical than some defenses we've played."

Said Thomas: "I think more so (the loss was about) was what we didn't do, the things we left out there -- than them being physical."

Seattle's 43-8 coasting was flooded with hammer-dropping hits and smothering press coverage that left Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning searching for answers. Similar to what we saw the Colts do in a midseason win over Denver, the Seahawks more than just out-schemed the Broncos -- they manhandled them.

After Denver's offensive line put on a dominant showing over the Patriots in the AFC title game, the same group was outplayed and shoved around by a Seattle front that wanted this game more.

Thomas sees it differently -- that's fair -- but what millions watched that day was no myth. The Seahawks dropped a megaton bomb on John Fox and friends, and the Broncos are still sorting through the wreckage.
Ahahahahhaahahaahhahahaha

tmdorsey

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Hearing more and more about ATL fearing, at 6, all 3 top LT, and Clowney and Mack all off the board. May need to jump STL to get Robinson

Stupid, sorry ass QBs in this draft. 6 is really a bad spot for us to be in considering our needs.

Top Bottom