• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Jerry Reese pre-draft presser has kicked off. Started a minute ago:

http://www.giants.com/live-tv.html

EDIT: Reese very coy when asked if the 12th pick holds extra value thanks to fact that 11th-12th is about the cutoff on the fifth year option. He sort of smiled and said he doesn't know what he's talking about and the reporter was being "too smart". Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it sounds like he wants to move back.

squicken

Is Lande still on that Nassib train? I think he had Nassib as the first overall pick last year. Not that I don't like Russ, but he has a huge blind spot there

If we're doing another mock we should start by deciding the participators so we know if we have a majority voting for each pick. Just add your name to the list if you want to participate:

Squall ASF
chuckddd

cdyhybrid

Is Lande still on that Nassib train? I think he had Nassib as the first overall pick last year. Not that I don't like Russ, but he has a huge blind spot there

Did he graduate from Syracuse?

Edit: Fuck, the day we decide to do interviews for a new hire is the day two of my favorite music podcasts are streaming AND we have a Mayock conference call. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

You are older than:

0 percent of NFL players
4.1 percent of NBA players
7.2 percent of NHL players
0.3 percent of MLB players

Pls

After this draft the NFL number is gonna go up, hockey players are young.

Wes

venison crêpe
@RapSheet

#Browns GM Ray Farmer has succeeded in being this draft’s wildcard. No one knows what he’s going to do, and he’ll have endless options at 4.

YES RAY. Keep 'em guessing.

@RapSheet

#Browns GM Ray Farmer has succeeded in being this draft’s wildcard. No one knows what he’s going to do, and he’ll have endless options at 4.

Still think Qb is first pick, but new thought....a trade down to 6 or 5 might be possible depending what the top 3 look like.

MechDX

@RapSheet

Or he just really has no clue as to what he is doing.

Syrinx

rumor has it that the bucs want to trade the 7th round pick and glennondorf....
not sure if want :(

Eh, they're already kinda short on draft picks, and you never know how a new regime will handle a young QB from the previous one. I don't think Glennon will net us any pick in this draft though; I feel like they'd get a conditional 2015 pick for him.

KingGondo

Banned
@RapSheet

It was painfully obvious that the previous regime was going to draft Manziel.

I'm really glad that nobody has any idea what they're going to do.

I personally hope they go BPA and get Greg Robinson. The line will be ridiculous for years to come.

One more week, guys. Just one more week of all this.

ibrKurrfw7x0hu.gif

effzee

Jerry Reese pre-draft presser has kicked off. Started a minute ago:

http://www.giants.com/live-tv.html

EDIT: Reese very coy when asked if the 12th pick holds extra value thanks to fact that 11th-12th is about the cutoff on the fifth year option. He sort of smiled and said he doesn't know what he's talking about and the reporter was being "too smart". Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it sounds like he wants to move back.

Every team every draft wants to move down. The top 10 talent is always made to appear as not worthy.

I think I have finally recovered from last night.

If only we could play 1 more game!

But no matter who won the series, the Penguins were going to win.

Crisco

Banned
Man, Gettleman is such a great listen. Dude's got this bitter/sarcastic air to him which seems directed towards all the bad GMs he's had to work with. His draft philosophy seems pretty simple: don't reach and don't pick someone in the first 3 rounds who can't contribute day one.

Draxal

Man, Gettleman is such a great listen. Dude's got this bitter/sarcastic air to him which seems directed towards all the bad GMs he's had to work with. His draft philosophy seems pretty simple: don't reach and don't pick someone in the first 3 rounds who can't contribute day one.

HI MARVIN AUSTIN.

squicken

It was painfully obvious that the previous regime was going to draft Manziel.

I'm really glad that nobody has any idea what they're going to do.

I personally hope they go BPA and get Greg Robinson. The line will be ridiculous for years to come.

Grossi has written that Lombardi really liked Carr. He used his media buddies to float the idea he wanted JFF

bigosc2k

Banned
You are older than :
62.9% of NFL players
52.8% of NBA players
52.5% of NHL players
36.7% of MLB players

I guess it's bad to be 27

squicken

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
Mayock: Manziel + Murray are only QB prospects that could step in + play right away. Everyone else needs redshirt yr.

My two favorite QBs from this draft as well. Murray, to me, is like a better Chase Daniel. Oddly lots of UGA fans didn't like Murray

JABEE

Don't listen to anything anyone says before the draft. No one would want to say anything to jeopardize getting the player they want. The rumor frenzy is only beginning.

JABEE

Every team every draft wants to move down. The top 10 talent is always made to appear as not worthy.

If only we could play 1 more game!

But no matter who won the series, the Penguins were going to win.

This is the thing. I was sure that the Flyers were making the ECF if they got past the Rangers. The Penguins are hobbled and they match up poorly against the Flyers.

I was already thinking about the Habs upsetting the Bruins and the Flyers making the Final.

This wasn't their year though. The Flyers don't have enough talent and youth on the backend. Hopefully Ghost, Laughton, and whoever they bring in to help the defense will make the Flyers a contender next season.

I want to see them make a trade for a 1st pairing defenseman and for them to sign a top line winger who can skate with G and Voracek. Someone that knows how to finish.

Striker

Speaking Thursday, Giants GM Jerry Reese said Charles Brown would be the next man up at left tackle if Will Beatty (leg) isn't ready for Week 1.

In other words, the G-Men want to keep Justin Pugh at right tackle. Beatty is reportedly "ahead of schedule" in his rehab, but remains questionable for Week 1. Brown was a major flop on Drew Brees' blindside in New Orleans last season.
Interesting: Reese said Chris Snee could be a backup at center. Also Charles Brown is up next if Will Beatty isn't ready at LT.
Hopefully Beatty is back by then. Not thrilled if Brown is going to protect Eli's blindside. All could be blowing smoke, of course. Still, I see them going for a pure OG/C prospect before an offensive tackle, unless Matthews somehow dropped.

Top Bottom