• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

X-Men First Class is just a really good movie. Fassbender is amazing. It's odd that the best Marvel movies are the ones Disney doesn't control

X-Men First Class is just a really good movie. Fassbender is amazing. It's odd that the best Marvel movies are the ones Disney doesn't control

I agree that the X-men movies are great, except for X3, but what other movies are you talking about? The FF movies are terrible and the last Spidey was okay at best and the new one looks horrible.

Narag

Id say credit the directors. Think the MCU stuff will feel less vanilla as they get more guys like the Russos, Edgar Wrigh, or James Gunn aboard..

squicken

Good points. I thought X3 and Spidey 3 were poor. But I think the first two Spiderman movies are fantastic. X1 is really good and X2 is okay

It's not like I hate the Avengers/Iron Man stuff, but they never really get to the point of doing anything close to the train scene in Spidey 2. Or having as good of villains. I mean the main baddie in the first Cpt America was so lame

Narag

Good points. I thought X3 and Spidey 3 were poor. But I think the first two Spiderman movies are fantastic. X1 is really good and X2 is okay

It's not like I hate the Avengers/Iron Man stuff, but they never really get to the point of doing anything close to the train scene in Spidey 2. Or having as good of villains. I mean the main baddie in the first Cpt America was so lame

Yeah, rewatching the first Spider-Man after checking out the two ASM movies. Far better than I remembered it being which is always a nice feeling.

macho man as bonesaw mcgraw is, to quote cajun, "squee"

Sanjuro

I still need to see AMazeSpider2, but I'm fairly confident they don't have villains superior to William Dafoe, Bonesawwwisssreaaaadyyyyy, Bruce Campbell, and Doctor Octupus (aka Spider-Man).

Narag

I still need to see AMazeSpider2, but I'm fairly confident they don't have villains superior to William Dafoe, Bonesawwwisssreaaaadyyyyy, Bruce Campbell, and Doctor Octupus (aka Spider-Man).

No, the draw there is the action and the gwen/peter chemistry. Movie is really problematic. Even SpinDasher has turned against it and he's a shill for the property!

Loved it despite all the warts.

Narag

Wait, you didn't mention JK Simmons. wtf man

JK Simmons is the best thing about those movies. Such perfect casting.

Seriously. He's the only one who felt like he really belonged in that role. The Villains were amazing actors, but suffered from their roles being written certain ways. Alfred Molina really looked the part but his dialogue was sooooo corny when he wasn't being a bad guy.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 24m
IF the QBs in this class played another position, they wouldn't be drafted until round 2 or later. The 2nd round QBs would be day 3 picks.

Let's go back to 2011 to look at what happens when a team reaches for a QB instead of taking BPA. We'll look at next player or 2 drafted.

Tennessee took Jake Locker, who I like, but not as a Top 10 pick. The next pick was a franchise LT, Tyron Smith.

The Jaguars took Blaine Gabbert. The next pick was JJ Watt. Ouch!

The Vikings took Christian Ponder, the next 2 picks were Nick Fairley and Robert Quinn. Double OUCH!

Ewww.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why? The shame circle can't be broken. I would bet all of Greg's life savings on Brooklyn.

o3n4t3U.jpg

He condemned all those pics at the time as well. Posted an article he did back then where he flat out stated that Kaep would be the most successful QB in that class and that Harbaugh would move up to draft him.
Still, guess I'm just not a fan of the term reaching for a Qb. If you think he can be your guy take him. You'll look like a genius if if works and obviously an idiot if it dosent.

MechDX

Still, guess I'm just not a fan of the term reaching for a Qb. If you think he can be your guy take him. You'll look like a genius if if works and obviously an idiot if it dosent.

Dat Pro Day effect!

Gabbert-great pro day! Top 10 pick! Shitty game tape
Bridgewater- shitty pro day, OMG skinny knees drop him 3 rounds! yet great game tape

Decided to pop over to see my old team play their first game of the season (amateur, very amateur, ball in the uk).

45 mins since kickoff and there's been around half an hour of injury stoppages :jnc:

Really have the urge to get in shape and get the pads on again though.

Played a soccer game today. Moved to Central defensive midfielder #BEASTMODE. I've heard Chelsea is interested in my bus parking ability. Having so much fun destroying weak midfielders, I would wreck 'box-to-box' Lunchbox, until he just wants to give up and asks for a sub.

Still, only problem is my conditioning, since after 20 minutes I wanted to barf all over myself.

Striker

Does the Bridgewater case look similar to the Ryan Nassib deal last year? Nassib had some talk of going to the Bills but they went another direction. He was tossed as a possible late 1st/2nd rd pick. Eventually falling to the 4th rd when the Giants traded up.

MechDX

Does the Bridgewater case look similar to the Ryan Nassib deal last year? Nassib had some talk of going to the Bills but they went another direction. He was tossed as a possible late 1st/2nd rd pick. Eventually falling to the 4th rd when the Giants traded up.

There have been no rumors of Teddy going in the first to anyone. Just comments knocking him down anywhere to rounds 2-3. Most just can not see this happening but with the way this pre draft has worked nothing will surprise me

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I mean the massive amount of fans hanging out in the streets.

Hooligans!

It's what MLSE actually set up Maple Leaf Square for. They put a giant screen inside the square with the sole purpose of getting fans to watch the games out there.

Honestly whoever came up with it is a genius, the look and feel out there has been insane.

Played a soccer game today. Moved to Central defensive midfielder #BEASTMODE. I've heard Chelsea is interested in my bus parking ability. Having so much fun destroying weak midfielders, I would wreck 'box-to-box' Lunchbox, until he just wants to give up and asks for a sub.

Still, only problem is my conditioning, since after 20 minutes I wanted to barf all over myself.
Looks like Chelsea could use you today. Maybe you could feed some nice passes into Demba Ballsucka.

Sanjuro

It's what MLSE actually set up Maple Leaf Square for. They put a giant screen inside the square with the sole purpose of getting fans to watch the games out there.

Honestly whoever came up with it is a genius, the look and feel out there has been insane.

Is there beer?

Top Bottom