• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
FUCK YOU MAN!

GO RAPTORS!

4u0sOwk.jpg

squicken

Does the Bridgewater case look similar to the Ryan Nassib deal last year? Nassib had some talk of going to the Bills but they went another direction. He was tossed as a possible late 1st/2nd rd pick. Eventually falling to the 4th rd when the Giants traded up.

Russ Lande had him as his top QB and I think said he should go first overall. He still loves Nassib and thinks he'll be proved right once the guy gets to play

MechDX

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe · 1h
Expect at least two surprise picks in the top 10 of Thursday's first round. Stone cold lock!

Get excite!

MechDX

I assume at this point, he considers Bridgewater a surprise top 10 pick.

No.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe · May 2
Media keeps saying Teddy B is dropping. He isn't dropping. NFL clubs never had him as high as the media. They screwed up. Just admit it!

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN · May 2
@greggabe What changed with TB in your mind since your '13 piece projecting 1st round and Top 5 if he plays well? http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Breaking-down-Bridgewater.html …

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe · May 2
@SandoESPN - watching coaches tape from mid season on. Went downhill

@greggabe So if I understand, teams did have him higher before that, but you're saying media was not wise to the downgrades til way later

@greggabe Media generally doesn't watch or know how to watch coaches' tape. That could explain lag.

He says most teams had him around 20 when mocks had him in top 10

LJ11

So midseason-on '13 coaches tape is more important than first half '13 and all of '12, weighing 5-6 games more than ~15?

Greg would be better off saying he changed his mind. He didn't watch every game to begin with for his '12 evaluation, probably half a dozen at most, then maybe the same amount in '13. He watched more, and the shine wore off, makes sense, but he's better off saying he changed his mind the more he watched because he didn't watch enough to begin with.

MechDX

http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/nf...4-experts-forecasters-vs-evaluators#more-5954

The good news is that we can easily do that. For the most part, while insiders like Rob Rang and Daniel Jeremiah do an excellent job pointing out how they differ from mainstream views, the major networks reflect often the consensus of the league, and their draft rankings do not change much from each other. At the very least, their low variance suggest that their rankings are influenced by what they hear around the league, if not driven by it.

I was initially skeptical of this approach, but when I found unusual clusters of rankings by the mainstream draft services (especially those at the same networks) but not among the third-party services, I was fairly convinced they were either stealing evaluations or working from the same inside information—it should be extremely rare to find clusters when you’re ranking around 70 or 100 (flat talent distribution means small differences of opinion cause wide ranking divergence), but among the more established services, it was not.

Nice charts at the link that shows boards gathered from media sources vs 3rd party scouting services. Some big discrepancies there.

Striker

Russ Lande had him as his top QB and I think said he should go first overall. He still loves Nassib and thinks he'll be proved right once the guy gets to play
He didn't look too hot last pre-season. Granted, Coughlin sent out bums protecting him so he didn't have much of a chance. Under a new system that probably suits him a lot better, and also (should) have better depth on the line, they should get a true outlook on him. They'll probably keep Fatman, although I would love for Nassib to beat them all and become the #2.

Darkest Red you'd be proud, just got some Taco Bell
Edit: also fuck the draft being moved up, I'm always at the same excitement level every year lol

MechDX

This is by far the most excited I've been for a draft. Mission complete, Goodells

Lol

Same here.

Its great if you are not drafting in the top 15. For those fans that are in the top 15 its pure hell not knowing anything at this point.

Damn Texans and their secrecy!

Edit: also fuck the draft being moved up, I'm always at the same excitement level every year lol

I got this quote from a post at BRB. Words to live by BG, for both of us:

You give me hope. Hope leads to enthusiasm. Enthusiasm leads to high expectations. High expectations lead to utter disappointment.

squicken

It's different for us. We're fans of teams that always have multiple firsts and/or pick high in the draft. Fans with a pick in the late 20s probably tire of all the talk

Rorschach

How do people still not know that you can hook up a controller to the PC? Like, even if you didn't know 360 controllers were supported natively, surely you'd know that there are third party peripherals like the old Logitech DS2 copycats.

Sanjuro

How do people still not know that you can hook up a controller to the PC? Like, even if you didn't know 360 controllers were supported natively, surely you'd know that there are third party peripherals like the old Logitech DS2 copycats.

Because it shouldn't be that complicated in 2014.

For me it's easy to use the DS4, but you still need to research it a bit.

Awesome. I'll have to pick it up. I'll grab DSII during summer sales.

I'll hopefully have built a new comp by then too.

the game honestly isn't much of a spec hog. although i just built a new computer, it has no problem running at highest settings @ 60 fps on the one i built a few years ago.

with the controller setups, you can basically plug and play on a wired 360 controller. for dualshock 4 there is a LITTLE work to do to get it to work, but if i can do it anyone can! there is a whole neogaf thread about it and again it's the best controller on the market so its worth the time

Rorschach

Because it shouldn't be that complicated in 2014.

For me it's easy to use the DS4, but you still need to research it a bit.

Third party pc controllers are plug and play. 360 controller is also plug and play. It's not hard unless you're a Pats fan simpleton.

And, btw, that research is typing it into google. Not hard.

the game honestly isn't much of a spec hog. although i just built a new computer, it has no problem running at highest settings @ 60 fps on the one i built a few years ago.

with the controller setups, you can basically plug and play on a wired 360 controller. for dualshock 4 there is a LITTLE work to do to get it to work, but if i can do it anyone can! there is a whole neogaf thread about it and again it's the best controller on the market so its worth the time

It's not really about specs. I'm playing on a laptop, that I'm sure can handle it. It's just that's my next big "fun purchase". But who knows I might break down and buy it in a moment of drunkenness following the Draft.

I've been meaning to grab the controller for a while. I'll probably get that in a week or so.

Sanjuro

Third party pc controllers are plug and play. 360 controller is also plug and play. It's not hard unless you're a Pats fan simpleton.

And, btw, that research is typing it into google. Not hard.

I don't think it's hard. I'm just talking about a casual PC user. I've heard those complaints from various people.

I haven't tested a large array, but seems like Logitech and 360 are the definite quick solution options. Very disappointed on the Xbox One controller not having that out of the gate.

The DS4 tool thankfully is fantastic and works like a charm. I couldn't imagine playing South Park with a mouse and keyboard.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Managed to get a -20 in the main GAF tourney to break into the top 10 there, but still only have a -16 in the Greg Cup tournament. 12 hours to go until the end of that one.

Top Bottom