• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

There are currently 13 GAFfers with only 2 posts in this thread:
ViperVisor
Dr. Kitty Muffins
Spectral Glider
MisterNugNug
Skiptastic
Crisco
Dre3001
zychi
Nori Chan
Vyer
linkboy
Patriots7
Mollymauk

Given the Failcons association with the #2 (in all its forms), I recommend they select Nori Chan and we move on to whoever's next. The Bucs?

Greg

There are currently 13 GAFfers with only 2 posts in this thread:
ViperVisor
Dr. Kitty Muffins
Spectral Glider
MisterNugNug
Skiptastic
Crisco
Dre3001
zychi
Nori Chan
Vyer
linkboy
Patriots7
Mollymauk

Given the Failcons association with the #2 (in all its forms), I recommend they select Nori Chan and we move on to whoever's next. The Bucs?

The Falcons need somebody with a fire-proof dick.
How about cajun?? He eats spicy food, so he can handle the heat.
:jnc

MechDX

only a fool would doubt mech

bradyh_medium.gif

BOB and Tom. <3<3<3

Jarnet87

Charlie Casserly updated his mock draft on NFL.com, he has Manziel not being drafted in the first round.

U wot m8. You gonna tell me if Manziel slides to the Broncos at 31 they aren't gonna jump at the chance to draft him.

Wes

venison crêpe
Charlie Casserly updated his mock draft on NFL.com, he has Manziel not being drafted in the first round.

U wot m8. You gonna tell me if Manziel slides to the Broncos at 31 they aren't gonna jump at the chance to draft him.

I think more quarterbacks get drafted from 17-32 than 1-16. I think both the Broncos and Seahawks will trade out for a team trying to get in front of the Texans.

Bread

Banned

i would definitely tell you that

id lol if the broncos use a 1st round pick that wouldnt help peyton win a title in one of his last seasons

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I am not feeling work today.

Mondays suck no doubt but grind it out, Dodge. Imagine you're Matt Stafford for a second. You think Staff is going to take a day off or a play off because he's "not feeling work?" Hell no. He's going to dedicate himself to his job and his profession, which happens to be one of the best Quarterbacks on planet Earth.

:jnc This extra week is driving analysts and fans insane alike. What the hell is Casserly thinking? If Manziel somehow gets to the Cowboys you think Jerry is passing up on him?

Hell I could see the Broncos taking him as a potential successor/backup to Peyton for his last season.

I'd take JFF as a successor over Manning than Osweiller.

If you want to sell high on Foles, that is fine. But I think you can do better than just moving up in the first round with him.

In any case, what makes you so sure that Manziel is the key to the SB? Maybe Foles can't get you 15-20 yards on those zone read keeps, but he does lots of other things well. We know the offense works with Foles running the show, so I'm not sure it makes sense to make such a drastic change. And weren't you saying that you didn't want to cut DeSean and draft a WR to replace him because you can't count on these draft picks working out every time? Trading Foles and drafting JFF would be the same thing.

I totally agree that there is a good chance that a rookie QB busts, after Wr that is probably the 2nd toughest position to develop. I just think we have seen Foles celling. He will put up good numbers and make Kas like fans happy but I really worry that he isnt a guy you can win big games with. I would take a chance on JFF if I could. I really doubt that Foles and our 1st would be enough though.

MechDX

Asked a veteran personnel man this week how many players his team had with “make-it’’ grades on his draft board, and he said 170, which is up about 25 players from a usual draft. Different teams I’m sure will have different ways of looking at this board; I’m just saying this draft probably has more players who would make an average NFL roster than most recent drafts.

The 170th pick is the 30th pick in the fifth round this year. San Francisco owns it. Here are the teams that, theoretically, could have the biggest injection of new life on their rosters this fall, the teams with the most picks among the top 170:

8: Cleveland*, Jacksonville, San Francisco.
7: New York Jets.
6: Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Baltimore, Houston, Detroit, Minnesota, Green Bay.
* Cleveland’s top eight picks all come in the first 145 slots.

On the other end of the spectrum, the teams with the fewest picks in the top 170:

3: Indianapolis (and the third one is 166 overall)
4: Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Tampa Bay, Seattle.

From MMQB. Interesting fact

DMczaf

The inaugural Mario Golf 3DS NFL-GAF Greg Cup final results (Mii names don't necessarily match GAF usernames):

1. XiaNaphryz -19
2. Issac -18
3. Kayotix -13
4. Andrew -12
5. fmt -7
6. Dusty -3

The second Greg Cup tournament is posted, this one on the Seaside course. Tourney code is 27-9945-9687-6007. Tournament ends Friday May 9 at midnight Pacific. I'll likely setup the next tournament to run like this past one (Fri - Sun).

We finally found a game that FMT cant cheat in!

Jarnet87

:jnc This extra week is driving analysts and fans insane alike. What the hell is Casserly thinking? If Manziel somehow gets to the Cowboys you think Jerry is passing up on him?

Hell I could see the Broncos taking him as a potential successor/backup to Peyton for his last season.

I'd take JFF as a successor over Manning than Osweiller.

I would too, but it maybe Elway/Fox like Osweiler. if it were up to Fox alone I'd guarantee he would take a player for the new and not the future. He knows Manning is his meal ticket to winning football games and actually looking like a competent coach.

I will exercise my right as the self-appointed commissioner of this GAF mock and void the Falcons pick. give the Falcons the rights to snesfreak.

#GroverGoodell

Let's move to the Bucs

squicken

Ian Rapoport &#8207;@RapSheet
Team that will consider a 1st-round QB: The #Chiefs. Negotiations with Alex Smith aren’t progressing well. Must keep long-term options open

Wonder if Harbs called and begged him to come home?

Wonder if Harbs called and begged him to come home?

I dont see how small hands can ask for a lot. They were winning games early in the year when the defense was great and they didnt ask him to do anything, once the defense started to suck and small hands had to try and win games they fell off big time.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I would too, but it maybe Elway/Fox like Osweiler. if it were up to Fox alone I'd guarantee he would take a player for the new and not the future. He knows Manning is his meal ticket to winning football games and actually looking like a competent coach.

True, but this is probably going to be Mannings last year. Fox will ride his meal ticket as long as he can for this year but Denver has to start planning for the future ASAP at the QB position. If Manning gets hurt during the season, and I was Coach Fox, I'd take a chance with Johnny Football than Osweiler.

bionic77

What's is the Broncos plan post manning?

Are they just going to blow it up and do a complete rebuild?

I also don't know if Peyton is a good mentor. Has any backup under him ever done anything?

I also don't know if Peyton is a good mentor. Has any backup under him ever done anything?

I actually heard something specifically about this and they said that Manning would take all the first team reps no matter what and it was really hard to get reps for the backups in Indy cause Manning never wants to be off the field.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

They have a solid team in place outside of QB. If they plug in a solid QB after Manning I think they'll be solid, especially in the AFC West.

IIRC Manning is a great mentor and teammate as opposed to say Brent. Manning really only had Jim Sorgi as his backup while he was in a Colts uniform but during Mannings peak he really didn't have the time to mentor anyone. The Colts seasons would go as far as Manning would take them.

I forgot who said it, but one of the easiest jobs in the world was being Mannings' backup in Indy because all the backup had to do is hold a clipboard on the sideline.

Osweiler is still a young guy and Elway used a high pick to groom him as an eventual successor. The jury is still out on Brock, but I'd be inclined to believe Manning is there to help him as much as he can opposed to how Brent treated and looked at Rodgers as a threat and wouldn't mentor him at all.

Top Bottom