• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Happy Birthday, Jabee!

---

Grain of salt and all that. STL beat writer on JFF rumors

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_84b23ea4-57c7-5dfb-9c61-68c7dd28bdbc.html

Such a move remains to be seen, but it's the belief of many around the league that the Rams and Minnesota Vikings have engaged in trade talks surrounding Sam Bradford, this according to Jason La Canfora

"There are people in the league who believe there have been discussions with the Vikings. Rams people have denied any conversations whatsoever. The bottom line is if they don't take a quarterback, they're not trading Sam Bradford. There's so much uncertainty in this draft that it'd be difficult to put the horse before the cart … all these things are tied together.

"The Rams are going to talk to a lot of teams between now and whenever their first pick is, continue to gauge the market."

maybe!

squicken

La Canfora is the worst NFL guy in the business right now. So few connections. Certainly not with STL. Fisher is friends with Mort, and Snead's wife used to work at NFLN. That's who they use for their smokescreens. Peter King and Fisher are also buddies and share the same agent

Happy bday friends!

Squicken after the Texans take Clowney, what are the chances the Rams take Mack?

Low. They are a 4-3 team and drafted Ogletree last year. They have Long and Quinn and good pass rushing depth on the DL, so it's not like he could stand up and rush on 3rd downs. He'd essentially be a part-time player

I think the Rams want to trade down a few slots, and end up with someone from the Lewan/Robinson/Mathews/Watkins/Evans group

Low. They are a 4-3 team and drafted Ogletree last year. They have Long and Quinn and good pass rushing depth on the DL, so it's not like he could stand up and rush on 3rd downs. He'd essentially be a part-time player

I think the Rams want to trade down a few slots, and end up with someone from the Lewan/Robinson/Mathews/Watkins/Evans group

the rams would take another WR so high after striking out last year? that is ballsy!

squicken

the rams would take another WR so high after striking out last year? that is ballsy!

I think it took them awhile to realize what Tavon could and couldn't do in the NFL. He's not a slot WR. He doesn't have great hands and he's just to little to work that area. He'll never be Steve Smith

The archetype for Tavon is really DeSean Jackson. Put him outside the numbers and use him as a vertical guy with some slants and drags mixed in. If they had a better coach they would also implement a good screen game with him, but Schottenheimer

I think they have given up on Quick. They like Bailey as a #2, but still lack a true WR1. They still don't have a WR that can consistently beat press coverage and make a contested catch. I think they really want Evans. If you want an early shock, I could see them taking him at 2

I think it took them awhile to realize what Tavon could and couldn't do in the NFL. He's not a slot WR. He doesn't have great hands and he's just to little to work that area. He'll never be Steve Smith

The archetype for Tavon is really DeSean Jackson. Put him outside the numbers and use him as a vertical guy with some slants and drags mixed in. If they had a better coach they would also implement a good screen game with him, but Schottenheimer

I think they have given up on Quick. They like Bailey as a #2, but still lack a true WR1. They still don't have a WR that can consistently beat press coverage and make a contested catch. I think they really want Evans. If you want an early shock, I could see them taking him at 2

let me troll you and the rams unmolested brah

La Canfora is the worst NFL guy in the business right now. So few connections. Certainly not with STL. Fisher is friends with Mort, and Snead's wife used to work at NFLN. That's who they use for their smokescreens. Peter King and Fisher are also buddies and share the same agent

Charlie Campbell from Walterfootball got a tip that Rams really like Mack. Guess he got the same tip about Olgetree the previous year
Said it's between Watkins and Mack I believe

ShaneB

Wow the online options are super limited in Hot Shots Vita, we either have to do a real time tournament or join the daily int'l tournament against everyone which starts tomorrow. There is an 'offline' mode but it won't include PS3 users :/

Yeah =( was hoping I could find just setting up a tourney and could partake whenever, but it does not seem so. We'll all have to play together sometime

squicken

Charlie Campbell from Walterfootball got a tip that Rams really like Mack. Guess he got the same tip about Olgetree the previous year
Said it's between Watkins and Mack I believe

The thing on Ogletree was everyone knew they wanted him. It was one of the worst secrets in the draft. . This year, besides Dallas, Chicago, and maybe the Giants with Aaron Donald, it's hard to see the thirst anywhere

So will any sites be streaming the draft? I'm assuming nfl.com will. It'd be more preferable to anxiously staring at the nfl twitter account.

squicken

So will any sites be streaming the draft? I'm assuming nfl.com will. It'd be more preferable to anxiously staring at the nfl twitter account.

NFL.com but it's the the b-team as far as analysts. If your cable provider supports Watch ESPN, that too

Looks like I made the right decision grab the retail version of MLB 14. Sony can't even get their own game out on time on PSN. What the heck are they spending that PS Plus money on? Hookers and blow?

Wes

venison crêpe
The thing on Ogletree was everyone knew they wanted him. It was one of the worst secrets in the draft. . This year, besides Dallas, Chicago, and maybe the Giants with Aaron Donald, it's hard to see the thirst anywhere

Aren't the Bills supposed to love Ebron?

Draxal

I think this year is going to have a high amount of trades, plenty of teams willing to trade down because the depth this year is amazing, but there's also marquis talent this year.

Wrayfield

Chris, Dodger, MRSA (whoever else talked about meeting in California) -- will be there from 9-20 June. First a few days in LA and then wherever, no particular plans yet. Fairly busy but should have time for beer/dinner one of the evenings if you're up for it.

Wes

venison crêpe
SI Peter King 5/6

1.) Khalil Mack - Houston Texans (2-14)
2.) Greg Robinson - St. Louis Rams (7-9)
3.) Sammy Watkins - Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12)
TRADE 4.) Jadeveon Clowney - Atlanta Falcons (4-12)* *1st + 3rd.
5.) Jake Matthews - Oakland Raiders (4-12)
* 6.) Mike Evans - Cleveland Browns (4-12)
7.) Johnny Manziel - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12)
8.) Aaron Donald - Minnesota Vikings (5-10-1)
9.) Taylor Lewan - Buffalo Bills (6-10)
10.) Justin Gilbert - Detroit Lions (7-9)
11.) Anthony Barr - Tennessee Titans (7-9)
12.) Zack Martin - New York Giants (7-9)
13.) Darqueze Dennard - St. Louis Rams (7-9)
14.) Calvin Pryor - Chicago Bears (8-8)
TRADE 15.) Odell Beckham Jr.- Philadelphia Eagles (8-8)* *1st and 2nd
16.) Timmy Jernigan - Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
17.) Eric Ebron- Baltimore Ravens (8-8)
18.) Brandin Cooks- New York Jets (8-8)
19.) Cyrus Kouandjio - Miami Dolphins (8-8)
20.) Derek Carr- Arizona Cardinals (10-6)
21.) C.J. Mosley- Green Bay Packers (8-7-1)
* 22.) Kyle Fuller - Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)
23.) Marqise Lee - Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)
24.) Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Cincinnati Bengals (11-5)
25.) Jason Verrett - San Diego Chargers (9-7)
26.) Blake Bortles - Cleveland Browns (4-12)
27.) Ryan Shazier - New Orleans Saints (11-5)
28.) Jordan Matthews - Carolina Panthers (12-4)
29.) Stephon Tuitt - New England Patriots (12-4)
30.) Cody Latimer - San Francisco 49ers (12-4)
31.) Ra'Shede Hageman - Denver Broncos (13-3)
TRADE] 32.) Xavier Su'a-Filo - Cleveland Browns (4-12)* *2nd and low 4th.

ESPN McShay Mock 6.0
1.) Jadeveon Clowney - Houston Texans (2-14)
3.) Sammy Watkins - Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12)
4.) Johnny Manziel - Cleveland Browns (4-12)
5.) Khalil Mack - Oakland Raiders (4-12)
6.) Jake Matthews - Atlanta Falcons (4-12)
7.) Mike Evans - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12)
8.) Blake Bortles - Minnesota Vikings (5-10-1)
10.) Darqueze Dennard - Detroit Lions (7-9)
11.) Justin Gilbert - Tennessee Titans (7-9)
12.) Aaron Donald - New York Giants (7-9)
13.) Odell Beckham Jr. - St. Louis Rams (7-9)
14.) Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Chicago Bears (8-8)
15.) Kyle Fuller - Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)
16.) Zack Martin - Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
17.) Eric Ebron- Baltimore Ravens (8-8)
18.) Brandin Cooks- New York Jets (8-8)
19.) Morgan Moses - Miami Dolphins (8-8)
20.) Ryan Shazier- Arizona Cardinals (10-6)
21.) C.J. Mosley- Green Bay Packers (8-7-1)
22.) Calvin Pryor - Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)
23.) Marqise Lee - Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)
24.) Jason Verrett - Cincinnati Bengals (11-5)
25.) Anthony Barr - San Diego Chargers (9-7)
26.) Cody Latimer - Cleveland Browns (4-12)
27.) Dee Ford - New Orleans Saints (11-5)
28.) Joel Bitonio - Carolina Panthers (12-4)
29.) Stephon Tuitt - New England Patriots (12-4)
30.) Ra'Shede Hageman - San Francisco 49ers (12-4)
31.) Xavier Su'a-Filo - Denver Broncos (13-3)
32.) Kony Ealy - Seattle Seahawks (13-3)

CBS Rob Rang 5/5

3.) Khalil Mack - Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12)
5.) Sammy Watkins - Oakland Raiders (4-12)
6.) Jake Matthews - Atlanta Falcons (4-12)
8.) Blake Bortles - Minnesota Vikings (5-10-1)
10.) Aaron Donald - Detroit Lions (7-9)
11.) Anthony Barr - Tennessee Titans (7-9)
12.) Eric Ebron - New York Giants (7-9)
13.) Odell Beckham Jr. - St. Louis Rams (7-9)
14.) C.J. Mosley - Chicago Bears (8-8)
15.) Justin Gilbert - Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)
16.) Timmy Jernigan - Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
17.) Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Baltimore Ravens (8-8)
18.) Darqueze Dennard - New York Jets (8-8)
19.) Zack Martin - Miami Dolphins (8-8)
20.) Derek Carr - Arizona Cardinals (10-6)
21.) Calvin Pryor - Green Bay Packers (8-7-1)
22.) Brandin Cooks - Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)
23.) Xavier Su'a-Filo - Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)
24.) Ryan Shazier - Cincinnati Bengals (11-5)
25.) Kyle Fuller - San Diego Chargers (9-7)
26.) Bradley Roby - Cleveland Browns (4-12)
27.) Marquie Lee - New Orleans Saints (11-5)
28.) Morgan Moses - Carolina Panthers (12-4)
29.) Ra'Shede Hageman - New England Patriots (12-4)
30.) Kony Ealy - San Francisco 49ers (12-4)
31.) Joel Bitonio - Denver Broncos (13-3)
32.) Demarcus Lawrence - Seattle Seahawks (13-3)

Daniel Jeremiah 5/5
3.) Khalil Mack - Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12)
5.) Sammy Watkins - Oakland Raiders (4-12)
6.) Taylor Lewan - Atlanta Falcons (4-12)
8.) C.J. Mosley - Minnesota Vikings (5-10-1)
9.) Jake Matthews - Buffalo Bills (6-10)
10.) Justin Gilbert - Detroit Lions (7-9)
11.) Kyle Fuller - Tennessee Titans (7-9)
12.) Zack Martin - New York Giants (7-9)
13.) Calvin Pryor. - St. Louis Rams (7-9)
14.) Aaron Donald - Chicago Bears (8-8)
15.) Darqueze Dennard - Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)
16.) Anthony Barr - Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
17.) Eric Ebron - Baltimore Ravens (8-8)
18.) Odell Beckham - New York Jets (8-8)
19.) Ryan Shazier - Miami Dolphins (8-8)
20.) Blake Bortles - Arizona Cardinals (10-6)
21.) Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Green Bay Packers (8-7-1)
22.) Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)
23.) Brandin Cooks - Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)
24.) Bradley Roby - Cincinnati Bengals (11-5)
25.) Jason Verrett - San Diego Chargers (9-7)
26.) Marqise Lee - Cleveland Browns (4-12)
27.) Marcus Martin - New Orleans Saints (11-5)
28.) Morgan Moses - Carolina Panthers (12-4)
29.) Ra'Shede Hageman - New England Patriots (12-4)
30.) Stanley Jean-Baptiste - San Francisco 49ers (12-4)
31.) Joel Bitonio - Denver Broncos (13-3)
32.) Xavier Su'a-Filo - Seattle Seahawks (13-3)

Some general consensus seems to be forming at the top end of the draft.

Wes

venison crêpe
@RapSheet
2 teams that had conversations about moving into the Top 5 the last few days: The #Lions & #Bills. As of now 1 exec said they want a bargain

@RapSheet
In his mock @SI_PeterKing says “I couldn’t find a Bortles lover,” has him @ 26. I have same dilemma. Can’t find the team that has him in 1st

Around The League:
3. King reported early Monday that the Eagles are gauging the possibility of trading up to the middle of the first round, perhaps with LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham as the apple of their eye. They aren't the only team interested in Beckham. According to Rapoport, the Jets and 49ers are also considering a trade-up, with Beckham and Brandin Cooks as potential targets.

6. Jeremiah is hearing that the Vikings are high on Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald, which jibes with King's Monday report that Minnesota has placed a high priority on a "front-seven disruptor" with the No. 8 overall pick. Donald is one of Around The League's favorite prospects in the draft.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Vikings trading for Sam Bradford is like Packers fan fiction coming to life. I hope it's true even though it's probably not!

squicken

Some general consensus seems to be forming at the top end of the draft.

Robinson, Mack, Clowney, Mathews, Watkins are the top 5, with maybe Evans replacing Watkins for some teams, Manziel is the wild card. I think the Rams are blowing smoke as far as taking him at 2. CLE, who knows either? I don't think it will be possible to match player to team before the draft b/c the top two teams want to trade down

Wes

venison crêpe
King has the Texans, Browns, Falcons, Bills, Rams at 13, Steelers, Eagles, Chiefs, Patriots, 49ers and Seahawks as most likely to be looking for a trade - not specifying whether up or down but I think we can guess which in most cases.

Whom do you see taken there, realistically? Browns pick is a mystery to me.

I think the Browns board at #4 is:
1. Mack
2. Trade out
3. Robinson
4. Watkins

King has the Texans, Browns, Falcons, Bills, Rams at 13, Steelers, Eagles, Chiefs, Patriots, 49ers and Seahawks as most likely to be looking for a trade - not specifying whether up or down but I think we can guess which in most cases.

I think the Browns board at #4 is:
1. Mack
2. Trade out
3. Robinson
4. Watkins
From what I've read there's some debate between Evans and Watkins, don't think Watkins will be the pick. Browns seem to want a bigger wr to pair with Gordon. That Peter King Evans pick didn't come out of no where. As for me I'm personally sticking with Qb at first pick for now, don't play games. But I still have the top looking like Clowney - Robinson - Mack ....debating putting Watkins in top 3 though

ShaneB

There is a tourny that starts tomorrow, maybe we can do that at least.

I'll check it out. I need to unlock more characters and things as well.

Off topic.. Perhaps it’s all just overwhelming. I hate my job, I hate my life, I hate where I am, I hate what I am, I hate who I am. I’m so embarrassed, I don’t even know where to start when it all feels like everything needs to change and I just keep going in the same circles. =/ Oh well, at least the draft is Thursday. I might take Friday off from work just because next week will be crazy, so I guess I should at least take a 3 day weekend.

Top Bottom