• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I severely doubt that'll happen, personally. All indications feel like Watkins or no trade.

I hope you're right but the rumor in of itself scares me. Evans looks like Mike Williams to me. And even if he turns out to be good, is he good enough to trade up for? I just don't buy it.

MechDX

784x2048.jpg

We're #1! We're #1! We're #1!

How old is she?

That honestly doesn't sound that horrible to me.

Though I have twins so my tolerance for bullshit is superhuman at this point.
She's almost 6 months. That two hour period is on top of her normal 4 to 5 times waking up to eat along with a few times in between those crying for a pacifier or just to be held. We are lucky if she sleeps an hour or two straight without waking up at this point.

Just wait until your daughter goes to sleep normally, then wakes up 2 hours later, goes back to sleep in 3 hours, then wakes up 15 minutes later, then takes another 2 hours to go to sleep before waking up at her usual morning time.
That sounds like a blast, haha. Honestly it doesn't bother me too much but my wife can't function without good sleep.

MechDX

Im starting to feel that we are going to wind up with Manziel when its all said and done. I don't know why just a feeling....

Also, I'm working on polishing up the résumé and a cover letter to apply for a job or two closer to my wife and I's family. I was very fortunate to get a good job right out of college with only a short phone interview so

lets-go-back-3.jpg

Wish me luck!

bionic77

She's almost 6 months. That two hour period is on top of her normal 4 to 5 times waking up to eat along with a few times in between those crying for a pacifier or just to be held. We are lucky if she sleeps an hour or two straight without waking up at this point.

That sounds like a blast, haha. Honestly it doesn't bother me too much but my wife can't function without good sleep.
Things will usually start to get better after 6 months.

But everything is different from one kid to the next. My daughter was really fussy at first but at around 6 months she started to sleep 5-8 hours a night and life seemed pretty awesome. My son was a good sleeper from 3 months onwards.

Do you think your daughter is just hungry at night? My only advice is to get her as much sunlight in the day as possible (preferably outside if it is not too hot) and then load her up with food leading up to sleep but not right before sleep (that equals a wet diaper).

Things will usually start to get better after 6 months.

But everything is different from one kid to the next. My daughter was really fussy at first but at around 6 months she started to sleep 5-8 hours a night and life seemed pretty awesome. My son was a good sleeper from 3 months onwards.

Do you think your daughter is just hungry at night? My only advice is to get her as much sunlight in the day as possible (preferably outside if it is not too hot) and then load her up with food leading up to sleep but not right before sleep (that equals a wet diaper).
Yeah, we are hoping it starts to get better soon but right now it's hard to tell what the deal is. We just happened to get a very particular baby it seems. It's crazy how particular she is about some stuff, like the fact that she's had the same exact pacifier since birth and if you try to give her a different one she will spit it out and cry. She also will only eat from one type of bottle, we tried switching and she wouldn't take it. Crazy stuff, haha.

I'm not sure if she's just hungry or if something else is bothering her. It could be teething I suppose. Taking her outside more could be good advice.

Okay, sorry for the daddy daycare talk!

Greg

Also, I'm working on polishing up the résumé and a cover letter to apply for a job or two closer to my wife and I's family. I was very fortunate to get a good job right out of college with only a short phone interview so

lets-go-back-3.jpg

Wish me luck!
:jnc @ that picture

best of luck!

bionic77

Yeah, we are hoping it starts to get better soon but right now it's hard to tell what the deal is. We just happened to get a very particular baby it seems. It's crazy how particular she is about some stuff, like the fact that she's had the same exact pacifier since birth and if you try to give her a different one she will spit it out and cry. She also will only eat from one type of bottle, we tried switching and she wouldn't take it. Crazy stuff, haha.

I'm not sure if she's just hungry or if something else is bothering her. It could be teething I suppose. Taking her outside more could be good advice.

Okay, sorry for the daddy daycare talk!
Your daughter sounds really observant and intelligent.

So bad news she may be screwing with you guys and making you her slaves. But good news is that she will be too smart to ever be a Pats fan.

Hibbert has got to be injured right? Only explanation I can think of, even a guy in a wheelchair could grab more rebounds than he did last night

If you look at the way he's built and how lethargic he moves around, it's very possible he is just breaking down at an early age. Those lumbering type of big men never last long.

bionic77

If you look at the way he's built and how lethargic he moves around, it's very possible he is just breaking down at an early age. Those lumbering type of big men never last long.
He is not injured and he has not broken down.

At least not as indicated by his performance.

Dude just flat out quit like a dumb ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

A 40 year old center who is 7 feet tall with that frame should be able to get at least 5 rebounds in 20 minutes. Hell most of us could get a rebound or two if we were given his minutes.

Feel bad for that Pacers team. Everything fell apart and I don't think anyone can fix it.

Consensus seems to be forming around Zack Martin to the Giants at 12. Donald is still there at a few mocks but Peter King went all in and said we'd "pounce" on him.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/6...s-peter-king-mock-draft-zack-martin-ny-giants

I still haven't watched a ton of the guy play. I watched some tape of him against Stanford and Alabama and I thought he looked pretty solid but that's my quick glance unintelligent evaluation on a limited sample. He uses his hands well, looks like a better pass blocker than run blocker in the stuff I watched but he was played primarily at LT in that tape. Some footwork issues as well as he can get thrown off balance a little too often but thats coachable. He has the same knock against him that Pugh had coming out (short arms) but that didn't stop the Giants from taking Pugh.

I still like him better than Lewan on the basis of his versatility alone. If Beatty continues to go down in flames, they can play him or Pugh at LT. If Beatty regains his 2012 form, he can move inside to LG and Schwartz can take over his natural RG position once Snee retires.

Draxal

Consensus seems to be forming around Zack Martin to the Giants at 12. Donald is still there at a few mocks but Peter King went all in and said we'd "pounce" on him.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/6...s-peter-king-mock-draft-zack-martin-ny-giants

I still haven't watched a ton of the guy play. I watched some tape of him against Stanford and Alabama and I thought he looked pretty solid but that's my quick glance unintelligent evaluation on a limited sample. He uses his hands well, looks like a better pass blocker than run blocker in the stuff I watched but he was played primarily at LT in that tape. Some footwork issues as well as he can get thrown off balance a little too often but thats coachable. He has the same knock against him that Pugh had coming out (short arms) but that didn't stop the Giants from taking Pugh.

I still like him better than Lewan on the basis of his versatility alone.

Yeah, if we had a redo of the mock draft, Martin would be number one easily. Giants are actually kinda predictable in their draft, and Martin is such a perfect fit it isn't even funny. Did you see McGinn's report on him that I posted a couple pages back?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't trust those big men that move like senior citizens. Oden and Bynum all broke down on their twenties too. They look unnatural when they move around.

Those guys could actually move though. Hibbert has always been a statue.

Honestly the real problem with the Pacers is the fact they are depending on him in the first place to score points. The biggest issue has always been their point guard play - its non existent. They struggle every night to get to 90.

Wizards are a worse matchup for them than the Heat. I really don't know how they could win this series, Hibbert isn't the real problem.

Yeah, if we had a redo of the mock draft, Martin would be number one easily. Giants are actually kinda predictable in their draft, and Martin is such a perfect fit it isn't even funny. Did you see McGinn's report on him that I posted a couple pages back?

I didn't. Link?

Draxal

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-offensive-linemen-b99259911z1-257746601.html

1. ZACK MARTIN, Notre Dame (6-4, 309, 5.2, 1) – Started a school-record 52 games, all at LT. "Love him," one scout said. "Not a real bulky guy. All I know is he's got a great jam and can punch the hell out of you. Nobody beats him. Everybody keeps wanting to move him inside. Well, you better have somebody that can block those outside rushers." Height and arm length (327/8) make a move to guard or even center seem inevitable if not immediate. "Damn good," said another scout. "He might be as safe a pick as there is. I like him better than the (David) DeCastro kid (from the 2012 draft). DeCastro never could have played left tackle at Notre Dame." Two-time captain from Indianapolis. Wonderlic scores of 21 and 27. "Much better player than (Justin) Pugh a year ago," a third scout said. "This guy's a tougher, stronger guy. He can get you out of a game as a tackle but he'll be a really good guard."

At leas the second time I heard better Pugh comment, Mayock said the same exact thing.

squicken

Grantland: Chris Brown on Bridgewater, Bortles and Manziel

Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel all need work, but they also have the potential to lead an NFL team to championships if they wind up in the right situation and get a chance to develop. They also face the same problem: The NFL is no longer a league where quarterbacks are afforded the luxury of patience, and that now-or-never mentality affects how teams draft. To succeed amid that climate, often while on a bad team, a young quarterback needs something special to carry him through that learning period. Maybe that’s why my Rorschach test keeps bringing me back to the same young quarterback.

“The single trait that separates great quarterbacks from good quarterbacks is the ability to make the great, spontaneous decision, especially at a crucial time,” wrote Walsh. “The play that was called has broken down and 22 players are moving in almost unpredictable directions all over the field. This is where the great quarterback uses his experience, vision, mobility and what we will call spontaneous genius. He makes something good happen.”

Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel can all play, but I’d call only one a “spontaneous genius.” Johnny Football tops my board … but maybe that says more about me than it does about him

At leas the second time I heard better Pugh comment, Mayock said the same exact thing.
If you look at the scouting, its uncanny. Walter mocked him to the Giants and in their scouting report, Pugh was the first name they mentioned as a comparison. Literally the same knocks against him as Pugh, though the push to move Pugh inside was stronger than Martin as he's considered be a better prospect at Tackle than Pugh was.

Draxal

If you look at the scouting, its uncanny. Walter mocked him to the Giants and in their scouting report, Pugh was the first name they mentioned as a comparison. Literally the same knocks against him as Pugh, though the push to move Pugh inside was stronger than Martin as he's considered be a better prospect at Tackle than Pugh was.

I know you are much more into scouting than I am, so the game tape you want to watch of Martin is the game against MSU against Shilique Calhoun. MSU had an incredible defense last year.

edit.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/zack-martin-vs-michigan-state-2013/

Sanjuro

its no good?

Pop in game.

- Installs from the dashboard

Game loads.

- Update required. Install update.

Game loads.

- Installing in game.

Choose exhibition game.

- Downloading Red Sox vs. XXX team.

Select Stadium

- Downloading Fenway Park.

...I put in the game over an hour ago and still can't play a game.

MechDX

Pop in game.

Game loads.

Game loads.

- Installing in game.

Choose exhibition game.

Select Stadium

Took me almost 3 hours when I first connected my Xbox One till I could actually play a damn game. Hate this generation already

DMczaf

Pop in game.

Game loads.

Game loads.

- Installing in game.

Choose exhibition game.

Select Stadium

Sony and 2K getting away with murder with their new generation sports games. But as long as it doesn't have an EA logo on it, it's alright!

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Pop in game.

Game loads.

Game loads.

- Installing in game.

Choose exhibition game.

Select Stadium

That sucks im waiting for my copy now from Amazon.

MechDX

Ian Kenyon ‏@IanKenyonNFL · 2m
In this NFL Nation mock at ESPN, somebody just traded #9, #41, a future 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Jadeveon Clowney. Get out of here.

Wow. lol

squicken

Culverhouse Bucs were awful

“There were things that just made you say, ‘Holy Cow, this place is different than any place I’ve ever seen in my life,’ ’’ Farrell says. “For starters, the team facility was like a solid high school facility. One Buc Place and Moeller High in Ohio were probably on par. Then there were all the little things, like players getting billed for winning game balls. They’d give you a game ball—and fortunately you didn’t get too many in Tampa Bay—but you’d get your check that week and you’d get dinged for 40 or 50 bucks for the ball.

“Every year about the end of October, we’d get a cold spell come through and you’d get sweat suits for walk-throughs or whatever. And they’d bill you for those, too. And if you recall they were all orange. They looked liked prison jumpsuits. You couldn’t wear them anywhere else but at One Buc. Even the Coke machine near the locker room, you had to have the 35 cents or whatever to buy a Coke. All true stories.’’

Top Bottom