• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I can't stand the "watch this LJ" over and over. Experience has taught me a few things. Prospective parents should watch someone else's kid to realize what they're in for. This is tough.

I don't have kids, but yeah...been watching my cousins over the years and even now when I have to babysit, I learn a few new things each time, and end up thinking about that day when I got my own progeny. There are lessons to be learned from watching over other folks' kids.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My nephew has been coming up here the last 3 summers, all he does all day is play Call of Duty until I kick him out of the house to go run around. He's made a few friends here so on the plus they usually come and grab him and get him out of my hair for a few hours lol.

Reading the scouting reports on all the QBs is definitely eye opening. My opinion on Carr is down, (but I always was biased so didn't really trust my own view on him) and I'm higher on Teddy and JFF.

Starting to think it is all smoke and both of those guys are going in the top 5. I honestly don't think either one gets past the Raiders at No.5 (unless Clowney is somehow still on the board,) but good possibility Jags and Browns both go QB as well, so we might get fucked.

Well in honor of Pryor getting cut tomorrow or Monday. Not even worth a 6th or 7th...

BlmprICCEAELR1h.jpg:large

Syrinx

The draft speculation is getting nauseating. Having it this late is terrible on so many levels.

This is why I don't get why some people only follow football. The season is too short and this shit has been going on and on and on for months now and still three more weeks of it. I can't follow it anymore. It just keeps changing based on what seems like nothing.

Konka

Banned
This is why I don't get why some people only follow football. The season is too short and this shit has been going on and on and on for months now and still three more weeks of it. I can't follow it anymore. It just keeps changing based on what seems like nothing.

The short season is exactly why I enjoy football. I can't comprehend how people get excited to watch a baseball game on TV in April. Going to a game is one thing but just watching it on tv?

Syrinx

The short season is exactly why I enjoy football. I can't comprehend how people get excited to watch a baseball game on TV in April. Going to a game is one thing but just watching it on tv?

I can understand that. But this draft stuff is the only action there has been in football for months and it's just worn out. I'm glad to be watching actual games now.

Baseball has kinda taken a back seat to hockey playoffs for me for now. But even though there's miles to go in the season, the games still all count the same, so while the excitement factor isn't as high as it gets down the stretch run, it's still there.

Course as a Mets fan there haven't been really any exciting stretch run games in recent years.

BigAT

So you only watch sports five months out of the year?

cdyhybrid

About to cook some burgers on my Foreman, just had a cup of coffee, and I actually woke up before 2pm on a weekend.

Plus, UW's spring game is on TV in 45 minutes. Today is a good day apart from the clouds shitting water on the city today.

MechDX

We get schedules this week!!

Woohoo dat TNF!!

Thinking we may get the late MNF game on kickoff weekend vs. Raiders: the Revenge of Schoob!

Colasante

I still think Mack has a chance of falling. His meteoric rise is all based on one game.

I think he may have a chance to fall if he passes the Falcons, but I don't agree that his rise is based on one game. I remember watching Buffalo in their opener against Ohio State and he was being discussed as a potential first rounder before it even started, and he certainly played up to that potential in the game. It's not like he had a superficial Clowney on Vincent Smith-style hit and that's where all the hype is coming from.

squicken

That's silly. The one thing everyone seems to agree upon with Bridgewater is that he's well prepared and cerebral. Now he doesn't know the different between man and zone? Nope.

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/457544809079914496

He definitely struggled that game. It's just one game and maybe Houston did a good job disguising its coverage. I'm like you. All the negative press doesn't match up what we've mostly seen and heard the past year. That's why I asked about that quote. There has to be something we don't know, if all this "Teddy is a 2nd round pick" stuff is actually true

I think he may have a chance to fall if he passes the Falcons, but I don't agree that his rise is based on one game. I remember watching Buffalo in their opener against Ohio State and he was being discussed as a potential first rounder before it even started, and he certainly played up to that potential in the game. It's not like he had a superficial Clowney on Vincent Smith-style hit and that's where all the hype is coming from.

That's the one game. After that 40% of his sacks, he was unblocked, and the rest were against scrub OTs.

I don't buy him as an elite pass-rusher. As a 4-3 OLB playing in space, fine, decent 1st round pick but not top 10. He's no Von Miller imo.

Bread

Banned
Lakers got it this year biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Suck deez purple and gold nuts on the way to the lottery!
we gettin wiggins or embiid and you'll be stuck with kobe's little brother dante

kelly olynyk > ryan kelly mother fucker!

That's the one game. After that 40% of his sacks, he was unblocked, and the rest were against scrub OTs.

I don't buy him as an elite pass-rusher. As a 4-3 OLB playing in space, fine, decent 1st round pick but not top 10. He's no Von Miller imo.

I like him alot. Idk about him going as a second pick. I thought he was very viable for the Raiders (assuming we don't use him as bait to trade down), I'd have liked nabbing him more if we had grabbed Star last year.

I like him alot. Idk about him going as a second pick. I thought he was very viable for the Raiders (assuming we don't use him as bait to trade down), I'd have liked nabbing him more if we had grabbed Star last year.

Meh, Star is overrated too. Run-stuffing NT. I'll take Donald over both of them.

squicken

I'd like Donald, just not at pick 5. I'd wanna trade down to nab him. I like trading down in almost every scenario I see likely to happen.

I love Donald. To me, I've just never been a fan of "I like him at 12 but not at 5". Obviously the goal is to maximize draft value, and if the GM can play the board then all the better. But the most important thing, to me, is still to get the guy you have as an impact player

I'd like Donald, just not at pick 5. I'd wanna trade down to nab him. I like trading down in almost every scenario I see likely to happen.

I'm not sure he falls out of top 10. Vikings at 8 may be his floor.

I'd certainly love to trade down tho, just not sure we will be able to, in the 1st at least.

bionic77

That sounds serious. Go see a physician.
Only after I ask GAF. Those are the rules DM and you should know better!

we gettin wiggins or embiid and you'll be stuck with kobe's little brother dante

kelly olynyk > ryan kelly mother fucker!
Check is in the mail to the commish.

Some kind of way the Lakers will defy statistics and get the first pick in the lottery!

Bread

Banned

Some kind of way the Lakers will defy statistics and get the first pick in the lottery!
we're living in a post-stern world, the celtics will finally get their top pick after years of anti-boston rigged lotteries!

I love Donald. To me, I've just never been a fan of "I like him at 12 but not at 5". Obviously the goal is to maximize draft value, and if the GM can play the board then all the better. But the most important thing, to me, is still to get the guy you have as an impact player

for sure and if we nab him I'm not going to be upset. I just think we can use the #5 pick to get more value and still get the players we want.

Wiggins to LA
Parker to BOS

Take it to the bank. New commissioner doesn't have a small market fetish like Stern did. He's not sending a potential superstar to fucking Milwaukee.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can see that. if he drops far enough in the 1st what are the odds somebody trades up to nab him before the Texans do?

I think there'll be three trading areas for QBs.

1) The Rams at #2 if a team has fallen in love with someone.
2) Ahead of the Browns at #26.
3) The top of Round 2 depending on who is left and who has already picked.

MechDX

Confirming that QB Tom Savage has declined an invitation to attend the NFL Draft in NY.

Good for him. Don't risk that Geno feeling

Some more tidbits about the QBs.

raw/floor score vs potential/ceiling

Teddy 90/98
Carr 78/96 (2nd highest ceiling, but pocket presence (hard fix) and delivery (easy fix) holding him back)
JFF 89/94
Bortles 89/93
Fales 81/89 (he really loves Fales, only thing holding him back is his noodle arm)
Renner 89/92
Smith 84/91
Mett 80/89 (says could be more Henne than Kerry Collins)
Murray 83/86
Thomas 76/84
Garappolo 76/81 (2nd coming of Gabbert)
McCarron 68/79 (backup at best)
Boyd 71/73 (worst QB of this class)

Colasante

Wiggins to LA
Parker to BOS

Take it to the bank. New commissioner doesn't have a small market fetish like Stern did. He's not sending a potential superstar to fucking Milwaukee.

If Wiggins/Parker became the new Bird/Magic, oh boy that'd be fun. It'd even be worth the Lakers getting the #1 pick.

Alabama T Cyrus Kouandijo is among the players who will be at Radio City Music Hall for the draft

To the Dolphins or Panthers, most likely. Ravens another possibility.

Bread

Banned
If Wiggins/Parker became the new Bird/Magic, oh boy that'd be fun. It'd even be worth the Lakers getting the #1 pick.
if silver knows what's good for him, this is how it will end up.

draft jabari, trade jeff green for asik or something, and the celtics have a nice lineup.

Top Bottom