• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

You like Benjamin? I'm not really a fan but he can certainly be a RZ threat. I just don't think he's worth much between 20s

Nah, I've never been a fan. Maybe as a 4th round project. He has potential to bust imo.

This is what Waldman says about him

Overrated

These receivers have several components of their games that makes them good enough to contribute right away if not for
deficient skills that they need to address. These areas will either limit their early contributions or prevent them from seeing
the field at the start of their careers. If these issues aren’t fixed, they won’t ever come close to approaching their potential.

Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State: The Seminoles sophomore is a tough evaluation. A 6’5”, 240-lb. receiver with enough
athleticism to win downfield engenders daydreams of freaks where defenses lack immediate answers: Calvin Johnson,
Antonio Gates, Percy Harvin, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez and Jimmy Graham. The problem is figuring out an answer
for what Benjamin can be for his offense.
Benjamin’s speed is excellent for a tight end, but he’ll need to add 15-25 pounds for his height and learn to block. Jimmy
Graham still hasn’t become an effective blocker since he left the basketball court to pursue football. Considering Benjamin
gets pushed around in the run game at Florida State, it’s unlikely teams will transition him to tight end.
However, Benjamin’s athleticism as a wide receiver has some weaknesses that limit what he can do well. Graham is a more
agile athlete with better quickness than Benjamin, who has a slow first step and has more than occasional difficulty making
airborne adjustments to attack the football.
This lack of quickness and difficulty changing direction makes it difficult for Benjamin to sell routes, execute breaks, or
defeat press coverage. Florida State protected Benjamin from tight man coverage with alignments where he was 3-5 yards
behind the line of scrimmage.
I’m not sold on Benjamin improving his agility and footwork to the extent that he transforms into a poor man’s Calvin
Johnson. I’m not even sure he can become a poor man’s Mike Williams – a slower receiver who was far more fluid of an
athlete.
Where Benjamin can improve the most is his adjustments to the football. If he focuses on honing his hand placement and
attack of the football, he’ll have a chance to contribute in a limited role as a big slot receiver that works the seams and
sidelines of the defense.
Even with a role this narrow, Benjamin can develop into a gamechanger for a team, but he’ll have to display consistent
excellence with the few things he’s asked to do. At this point, Benjamin’s production has been based on his ability to be a
big bullly for a national power that protected him enough to earn quality mismatches.
In a great offense, Benjamin could reprise this role. In an average NFL offense, he’ll need to get quicker, faster, display
better feet, and learn to beat man coverage with something more than size.

Gives him a floor score of 63 and ceiling of 91, but says it's very unlikely he will ever get there.

Blackhawks are goons

LGB
Yeaaaah... that was dirty as shit.

I don't think I could play competitive hockey. I'd probably end up (literally) killing somebody in retaliation. Not because I'd win in a normal fight (I wouldn't), but because weapons exist and I'd lose my cool

Lion's bringing in Khalil Mack.

They've also worked out Clowney and Watkins...guess they're looking to trade up.

I don't know if it has changed, but as of a month ago, the Jaguars would love to trade back. I think if the Jaguars make a pick it will be Watkins, but Caldwell wouldn't mind picking up 2 more picks and getting Mike Evans.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think I'm a robot

That would explain your fantastic dance moves.

1243936513_futurama-do-the-robot.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I ashamed to admit that I never knew the details of the 1983 draft before watching the "30 for 30" while working out today.

I know I call JFF a diva but wow, John Elway was on another level.

Talon

I ashamed to admit that I never knew the details of the 1983 draft before watching the "30 for 30" while working out today.

Seeing 40-year-old Elway lets you forget the 20-year-old Elway.

My grandpa still hates Elway because of this. Baltimore almost traded him for Joe Montana. It's a crazy what if.

I have never seen a good team like the Pacers collapse like this.

Coach should have been fired a month ago.

Anyone could have seen the Pacers fraudulence from a mile away.

Teams that can't score don't win in the playoffs. And the Pacers have a HORRENDOUS offense. I for one can't wait for them to get knocked out so I don't to see their fuckball any more.

Syrinx

Kris Letang has been hilariously bad these playoffs for the Penguins so far. Even Pierre Maguire was like "What are you doing?!" And Columbus ties it.

bionic77

Anyone could have seen the Pacers fraudulence from a mile away.

Teams that can't score don't win in the playoffs. And the Pacers have a HORRENDOUS offense. I for one can't wait for them to get knocked out so I don't to see their fuckball any more.
George was not a superstar but he was a good player in the first half of the season.

And now he is garbage. I think I might be more competent on offense than he is.

There is something more to this story. Might be another story like in Cleveland where a player was fucking another players mom. Maybe this time the twist is that it is someone's dad or uncle.

Hey-there-Andrew.-Image-via-@JordanRaanan.jpg

Still not sure what the fuck they were thinking when they signed him.

Is there an NFL equivalent to being 7 feet tall and remotely coordinated? Because that's why. I guess it would be QBs with big arms (Jeff George, Kyle Boller, Matt Stafford) who otherwise suck. They seem to always shit themselves into jobs.

bionic77

Hey-there-Andrew.-Image-via-@JordanRaanan.jpg

Still not sure what the fuck they were thinking when they signed him.
Bynum is a bum. I said that from day one (ask Kobex). But unless he is nailing George or Hibberts parents I won't lay it on him. He is basically a spectator on that team.

bionic77

Is there an NFL equivalent to being 7 feet tall and remotely coordinated? Because that's why. I guess it would be QBs with big arms (Jeff George, Kyle Boller, Matt Stafford) who otherwise suck. They seem to always shit themselves into jobs.
4.3 40 but no other skills.

Guaranteed to be drafted by Raiders.

I think than is the only one. No one gives a shit about how many times you can bench 250 or your standing jump.

Konka

Banned
Anyone that would call movies that beautifully made terrible is someone you should never listen to again.

Along with Where the Wild Things Are it's one of the few book adaptations where you can actually read the entire book in less time than it takes to watch the movie. And it's only part 1.

Along with Where the Wild Things Are it's one of the few book adaptations where you can actually read the entire book in less time than it takes to watch the movie. And it's only part 1.
The length has no bearing on the quality, plus the movies are talking way more than the book did.

Speaking of the Pacers, the Bobcats fucked up big time.

They should have mini-tanked for the 8 seed. They would have beaten those frauds in a series. Now they get the honor of getting shit on by King James.

bionic's old pal Jeffrey won though. He's gets to charge an arm and a leg for the Game 3 and 4 tickets in CLT because its both playoffs and the Heat.

Talon

Speaking of the Pacers, the Bobcats fucked up big time.

They should have mini-tanked for the 8 seed. They would have beaten those frauds in a series. Now they get the honor of getting shit on by King James.

bionic's old pal Jeffrey won though. He's gets to charge an arm and a leg for the Game 3 and 4 tickets in CLT because its both playoffs and the Heat.
Bobcats don't stretch 1-5 like Atlanta. I mean, let's be honest, best case Hawks lose in 6. Vogel will wind up using Hibs less and close out.

Top Bottom