• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

People are upset in the MLB 14 thread. Maybe I shouldn't get the game the game this year.

It's good, but you have to keep expectations in check. It is in no way a huge leap over the PS3 version, the online is fucked, load times are abysmal, hair looks wonky, etc.

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN · 1m
Andre Johnson was the only #Texans player not at the 1st day of mini camp. Wouldn't read too much into it. It is voluntary.

Scratch what I said earlier. Hes gone

People are upset in the MLB 14 thread. Maybe I shouldn't get the game the game this year.

Actually playing the game, it's very solid. Classic Show gameplay.

Graphically it's slightly disappointing. I feel like the differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions are a lot more apparent in the screenshots than they are in motion, which is unusual for cross-gen games. I don't know if that is a positive remark on the quality of the PS3 version or a knock on their efforts on the PS4. Not a bad looking game by any means, but if you're looking for that "next-gen leap" graphically you might want to wait until next year.

Those are the positives. The negatives are well, you won't be actually playing the game for a while. The loading times are atrocious, the install time (like Sanjuro alluded to) is completely and totally unacceptable. The presentation when first starting the game is incredibly misleading, as you are allowed to go into the exhibition mode, pick your teams, line-ups, pitchers, and ballpark, only for the game to tell you at the end that it can't play yet as its still downloading data from the disc. I believe I waited 45-50 minutes to get a game started between the Red Sox and Tigers at AT&T Park (Fenway wasn't installed yet).

Of course, online simply doesn't work. Like FUBAR broken. And Sony/Sony SD royally flubbed it for anyone wanting to grab the digital version. It was just made available on PSN like an hour ago, 14 hours after the "release time".

Overall, if you can somehow ignore those egregious warts, it's a really good baseball game.

Wait, you have to download ballparks?

Individual teams and ballparks install separately when you are first installing the game. So when you start the game, the Giants and Red Sox may install first, so if you are a Cubs fan and they are not installed yet, you have to wait for them. Same with each ballpark. This process takes a LONG time

rando14

Terry Blount selected Xavier Su’a-Filo in the ESPN mock for the Hawks.

Reasonable choice, but tbh I still expect the Hawks to trade out of the first round.

Colasante

RGLpv8I.jpg

New Thursday Night Football logo.
It's a slow news day.

Syrinx

Terry Blount selected Xavier Su’a-Filo in the ESPN mock for the Hawks.

Reasonable choice, but tbh I still expect the Hawks to trade out of the first round.
Don't think he'll make it there. Denver needs to draft their replacement for Zane Beadles, Niners may be waving goodbye to Mike Iupati after this year, etc. Guard isn't a hot position, but I think somebody in the late first will need him enough to take him.

Colasante

Don't think he'll make it there. Denver needs to draft their replacement for Zane Beadles, Niners may be waving goodbye to Mike Iupati after this year, etc. Guard isn't a hot position, but I think somebody in the late first will need him enough to take him.

I also think the Patriots will take Su'a-Filo if he's there at 29 and they can't trade out. They need an upgrade at right guard now and have to anticipate a fight trying to restructure Logan Mankins' contract next season. I do love Su'a-Filo for the Seahawks if he makes it to them though.

MechDX

sakyFc2.jpg

BOB and TJ.

<3<3

EDIT:

Ian Rapoport &#8207;@RapSheet · 26s
From talking with Sammy Watkins today: The #Lions have made it clear to him they are very serious about potentially trading up for him.

manfestival

so radio personalities are stating that they want johnny manziel here.... I am kinda confused. Like, why would we want him here again? Sammy watkins would be a nice filler

I like Watkins but...has there been ONE WR under 6'2 who was drafted in the top ten and didn't become a bust? I can't think of one.

Trade down or pick the best available at 10. This is the DEEPEST WR DRAFT IN AGES. We can get a starter in the second or third round. We have the best WR in football and a solid #2 receiver. Why do we need Watkins?

I like Watkins but...has there been ONE WR under 6'2 who was drafted in the top ten and didn't become a bust? I can't think of one.

Trade down or pick the best available at 10. This is the DEEPEST WR DRAFT IN AGES. We can get a starter in the second or third round. We have the best WR in football and a solid #2 receiver. Why do we need Watkins?

This is the exact reason I made the bet with kas that you guys wouldnt take a WR. The Lions have to improve their D, and bad as Stafford was down the stretch last year the D just couldnt get big stops when they needed them to. There will be a bunch of good WRs still on the board in the 2nd round, that wont be true for DBs.

Because :kas

squicken

I haven't seen a WR run after the catch like Watkins in a long time. He's like a RB. He breaks tackles and can run away from LBs. Some guys play small. With Tate and Watkins, you'd have two WRs who play bigger than their size.

It's silly for DET to trade up for him, I agree, but I disagree with a lot of the "it's a deep WR class so don't draft Evans/Watkins" talk. Those two have a lot more potential than rest of class imo

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ian Rapoport &#8207;@RapSheet · 26s
From talking with Sammy Watkins today: The #Lions have made it clear to him they are very serious about potentially trading up for him.

Because teams always publicly tell players their intentions, am I right? Rapoport is a hack, by the way. If you follow his twitter, he always ends up posting a near ripoff of what another insidr write 2 minutes before.

We don't. Clinton-Dix would be a clear and immediate upgrade at a need position.

Narag

James Palmer &#8207;@JPalmerCSN · 1m
Andre Johnson was the only #Texans player not at the 1st day of mini camp. Wouldn't read too much into it. It is voluntary.

Scratch what I said earlier. Hes gone

Send him to Indy so he can retire a champion.

Tenumi

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the bandwagon for trading up. I think that the picks would be better used by keeping them. I just think if Detroit trades up, I'd want it to be for Watkins. Clinton-Dix is definitely my most wanted pick right now, and has been for a while. Glover Quin was pretty good last year, but James Ihedigbo really felt like a stop-gap signing. I'd love to see a true young cover safety out there, and get the visions of Delmas the missile to go away.

slabrock

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the bandwagon for trading up. I think that the picks would be better used by keeping them. I just think if Detroit trades up, I'd want it to be for Watkins. Clinton-Dix is definitely my most wanted pick right now, and has been for a while. Glover Quin was pretty good last year, but James Ihedigbo really felt like a stop-gap signing. I'd love to see a true young cover safety out there, and get the visions of Delmas the missile to go away.
The Ihedigbo signing leans me towards safety. He is familiar with the system/coaching staff and can start and let the rook come in when he is ready. Houston needing surgery might push them to consider a CB; especially since he was pretty bad last year (injury didn't help). They do have Slay, Bentley, Greenwood and Green as young corners though so bringing in another one might be overkill.

Top Bottom