• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
just got back from all you can eat wings

I couldn't eat another bite of anything right now or I'd explode

Did they close the place down immediately after you left, Homer?

homer_eating_fish.JPG

Mech how you feeling? Almost draft day. All our hopes and dreams end soon, and reality hits. That's when the tears start, when reality hits.

squicken

So the guy who owns the Warriors gave his kid a job, the coach hates the kid, and people are stunned the coach got fired?

e: Tavon is in an offense with an idiot coordinator who played for bottom 5 starting QB play last year. Hard to blame him until Rams get new coaching

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So the guy who owns the Warriors gave his kid a job, the coach hates the kid, and people are stunned the coach got fired?

e: Tavon is in an offense with an idiot coordinator who played for bottom 5 starting QB play last year. Hard to blame him until Rams get new coaching

Josh Gordon had Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell throwing to him the majority of the season.

Your move. :p

24 wings, some cinnamon twist things, and vanilla pudding with crushed up oreos in it
You are my hero for multiple reasons but most recently this.

Also, listened to those Wretched songs. If I wasn't on my phone right now I would post a lot of thumbs up gifs. That right there is some quality stuff!

squicken

Josh Gordon had Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell throwing to him the majority of the season.

Your move. :p

Oh Gordon is so much better than Tavon. Tavon requires a specific kind of usage, where Gordon can do whatever he wants. CLE also lead the league in attempts last year, and I think STL was bottom 5

Greg

You are my hero for multiple reasons but most recently this.

Also, listened to those Wretched songs. If I wasn't on my phone right now I would post a lot of thumbs up gifs. That right there is some quality stuff!
yesss

the announcement came out of nowhere and it's releasing in a month

Wes

venison crêpe
The guy immediately behind him over his left shoulder... to me it looks like he has no head. The helmet is just floating.

Konka

Banned
I wish I could be a sports journalist for a major network. It involves no actual work and you can be completely wrong and have it affect nothing.

Syrinx

BREAKING NEWS: "The Cleveland Browns will not draft Johnny Manziel" - @JayGlazer on air with @JTTheBrick

Sorry BG.

Hmm...So all he has to do is fall past the Jaguars for him to come to the Bucs. Unless the Raiders surprise everybody or somebody trades up.

The Browns just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Land of Cleve culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in New Yawk where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Cleveland, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Cleveland public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase season tickets for the Browns, nor will they watch Browns games on TV. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the Browns have alienated an entire market with this move.

Farmer, publicly apologize and select Johnny Fucking Football with the 4th pick or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Wes

venison crêpe
Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏ @ AKinkhabwala 7m

Could owner Jimmy Haslam intercede in Browns' selection process Thursday? Coach Mike Pettine said: "That would NEVER happen."

I think Haslam adores Farmer.

Striker

Any team taking a QB in the top 4 is great news for the Raiders, increases the chances to get Watkins, Mack, or trade down
I want more teams taking QB's before 12. Gives greater chance for the top talent to drop. Also have a feeling somebody might take ODB earlier than expected.

LJ11

Kind of an interesting article about the Bills. New owners almost always fire the coach and GM, so the Whaley and Marrone really have no reason to look to the long term interests of the club. They should look to win now to make themselves as marketable as possible for the their next jobs

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/125930/inside-slant-go-for-broke-bills
I've thought about this a lot, problem is they aren't a couple of players away, especially when qb is still a big fat question mark, so if they go for broke it will in all likelihood fail. Lots of turnover on the defensive staff as well. Both Whaley and Marrone are in tough spots, but they should be kept on board IMO, they deserve two more seasons.

Syrinx

I've thought about this a lot, problem is they aren't a couple of players away, especially when qb is still a big fat question mark, so if they go for broke it will in all likelihood fail. Lots of turnover on the defensive staff as well. Both Whaley and Marrone are in tough spots, but they should be kept on board IMO, they deserve two more seasons.

I thought you hated Marrone?

Top Bottom