• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
And see I believe the WR rumors. It's a deep class of WR2 and WR3. But if you want a true WR1, best bets are Sammy, Evans and maybe ODB.

Exactly.

I think I saw PD or Plinko post earlier about the Lions trading up to grab Mike Evans. I'm totally in favor of that.

Watkins in this class is #1 while Evans is #1A. They're both going to be #1 receivers on the vast majority of teams in the NFL.

This Lions team is young and has the opportunity to win now. When you have the opportunity to put Watkins or Evans across from Megatron you have to do it.

And I've mentioned it before but Megatrons long term health is still a concern of mine. If he goes down this year are we seriously going to have Golden Tate as our #1 WR and waste another year of Staffords career?

That shit would drive me insane. We still got Darius Slay from last years draft and we can add more depth at DB in the later rounds.

Justin Gilbert or Clinton Dix aren't going to catch touchdown passes for us. When we got Stafford about to hit his prime, along with Megatron, a solid offensive line and a great set of RBs why not add more talent to that? What's the worst that could happen? Instead of Megatron getting double teamed every play Stafford will have a legit #2 and solid #3 options to fall back to like he did in 2011 with Titus Young and Nate Burleson.

Colasante

From @MikeReiss & I: Patriots hosted FA G Davin Joseph on a visit, per sources. Former Bucs G is a 2x Pro Bowler, has started 97 games.

Interesting... If they sign Joseph after signing Will Smith, that eliminates defensive end and right guard from being pressing needs, though both will probably still be addressed early.

Please, nobody was paying $100 for a holographic Blastoise card back in elementary school.

Remember this ?
AncientMewThePowerofOnepromo.jpg

rando14

How good is Watkins? I'm not sure

No one is a guarantee, but Watkins looks like a good prospect. Great acceleration, good hands, good YAC, etc. Lacks some size obviously.

IMO I think there will be another WR or two who will end up being better in the long run though

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Exactly.

I think I saw PD or Plinko post earlier about the Lions trading up to grab Mike Evans. I'm totally in favor of that.

Watkins in this class is #1 while Evans is #1A. They're both going to be #1 receivers on the vast majority of teams in the NFL.

This Lions team is young and has the opportunity to win now. When you have the opportunity to put Watkins or Evans across from Megatron you have to do it.

And I've mentioned it before but Megatrons long term health is still a concern of mine. If he goes down this year are we seriously going to have Golden Tate as our #1 WR and waste another year of Staffords career?

That shit would drive me insane. We still got Darius Slay from last years draft and we can add more depth at DB in the later rounds.

Justin Gilbert or Clinton Dix aren't going to catch touchdown passes for us. When we got Stafford about to hit his prime, along with Megatron, a solid offensive line and a great set of RBs why not add more talent to that? What's the worst that could happen? Instead of Megatron getting double teamed every play Stafford will have a legit #2 and solid #3 options to fall back to like he did in 2011 with Titus Young and Nate Burleson.

Yep, that was me. I'm all for moving up a few spots to get Evans. I think he'd be a great receiver on this team.

JABEE

No one is a guarantee, but Watkins looks like a good prospect. Great acceleration, good hands, good YAC, etc. Lacks some size obviously.

IMO I think there will be another WR or two who will end up being better in the long run though
That's why I'm worried about moving next year's first. Unless he is a Julio Jones, AJ Green, or Calvin Johnson-like talent then I don't want to move that many picks. I would rather have Clowney if he falls to the bottom half of the top 10.

ShaneB

I've much preferred the highlights I've seen of Evans!

squicken

Is this his final mock?

No it's a roundtable mock with like Eisen, Mooch, Faulk DJ and others making picks for the teams. They made Irvin go last since he took Geno last year at 2 haha. So Faulk takes Manziel at 2 and Irivin stands up and yells at Mayock about how Faulk did the same thing and will go last next year

Billick TEX Clowney
Faulk Rams JFF
Eisen Jags Mack
Davis Browns Watkins
DJ OAK Evans
Mooch ATL Robinson
Sheck TB Mathews
Irvin MIN Bortles
Billick Bills Ebron

Bread

Banned
hmmm a turtle with cannons on its back or a bitchass dragon? ill take the turtle. seriously people, squirtle, WARTORTLE? BLASTOISE? that turtle shit is unstoppable.

@JayGlazer said of note: "If (Zack Martin) gets out of the top eight, teams are nuts." Martin would fit in Oakland, I think...

Everyone is apparently a top ten talent in this draft. It's going to be fun watching supposed high pick guys "drop". Especially after weeks of "no way this guy makes it past pick x" crap.

squicken

Cosell took JFF to STL on the Eagles national writers roundtable mock draft

Everyone is apparently a top ten talent in this draft. It's going to be fun watching supposed high pick guys "drop". Especially after weeks of "no way this guy makes it past pick x" crap.

I think teams will wait on DBs. Lewan and Martin will be on the edge of top 10. My guess is Ebron falls out of top 10

squicken

Mock drafts are kind of fun to watch live, but so much depends on panel not being stupid. Good way to see how thought process goes and sort of why a player will drop

e: Russ getting divorced, hanging with Beibs and now doing Surface commercials. Where's your god now, Chickens fans?

Mock drafts are kind of fun to watch live, but so much depends on panel not being stupid. Good way to see how thought process goes and sort of why a player will drop

e: Russ getting divorced, hanging with Beibs and now doing Surface commercials. Where's your god now, Chickens fans?

:LOL

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

A Seattle player doing ads for a company based in Redmond? I am SHOCKED.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Vague Lions-GAF consensus on trading up?

Y'all crazy.

No, no...not my first choice. I'd rather they stay at 10 and take Clinton-Dix or Beckham Jr. I just won't be mad if they give up a 3rd to go up and get Watkins.

That's why I'm worried about moving next year's first. Unless he is a Julio Jones, AJ Green, or Calvin Johnson-like talent then I don't want to move that many picks. I would rather have Clowney if he falls to the bottom half of the top 10.

Watkins isnt close to those guys.

Top Bottom