• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Would be a good fit for him.
Jacksonville has the sells the most tickets of any of the three Miami teams and has the least blackouts.
Has the sells? Three Miami teams?

56de22a375436ba68889a67b9de2ff19ad862f11bae26ce479cd875932e12b49.jpg

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 10m
Three NFL people that I really trust say the league is giving serious consideration to scheduling the draft a week or two later in 2015.

ohyes-gif.23836

Colasante

I think I've seen through the smoke screens and deduced that the Browns will trade up to #2 to draft Johnny Manziel. It's tough to try to see through the bullshit and determine why certain news items hit the media.

Mort reports the Browns want Manziel at #4- Possibly a legitimate scoop?
Glazer reports the Browns will absolutely not take Manziel at #4, nor Raiders at #5- Possibly legitimate, in hopes of slowing the Manziel-Browns connection? Browns may know they'd have to trade up to #2 for Manziel, so it's a technically correct report for Glazer.
Report about Jacksonville wanting Manziel- Final bluff by the Rams forcing the Browns to trade up if they want him?

I can't deal with another 24 hours of this.

I think I've seen through the smoke screens and deduced that the Browns will trade up to #2 to draft Johnny Manziel. It's tough to try to see through the bullshit and determine why certain news items hit the media.

Mort reports the Browns want Manziel at #4- Possibly a legitimate scoop?
Glazer reports the Browns will absolutely not take Manziel at #4, nor Raiders at #5- Possibly legitimate, in hopes of slowing the Manziel-Browns connection? Browns may know they'd have to trade up to #2 for Manziel, so it's a technically correct report for Glazer.
Report about Jacksonville wanting Manziel- Final bluff by the Rams forcing the Browns to trade up if they want him?

I'm starting to think this is going to happen. The Browns have so many picks, they're in a position to move up and still get quality starters in this draft.

bionic77

what the fucken hell:
That is pretty disrespectful.

Someone shopped Giselle's adams apple onto Tammy.

Good morning from San Fernando Valley NFLGAF! I'm glad I'm only working here cause SFV sucks and is by far the worst part of LA IMO.

You can use the number of weed dispensaries as a metric for how nice a neighborhood is. If you have more than two weed dispensaries per block you're probably in a bad area.

Also in the past month I've become a huge Apple fan. I got a new contract with a 5S and I love this phone. Granted I didn't have a flagship Android phone, like the Galaxy, but this runs circles around my old Android.

I'm thinking of going all Apple from iPhone to an iPad to eventually a MacBook later this year. Quality and craftsmanship with Apple products, no doubt about that.

Anyone have opinion on a iPad Mini vs. an iPad Air? Should I wait for the newer models to launch this fall?
I will give you the same advice I gave to Gata.

You are not really an Apple guy. I would suggest you exchange your iPhone for the biggest Samsung phone available and update to Dell products for your laptop and tablet needs. That seems a better fit for you.

If you persist on sticking with Apple, check the rumors on tablet updates. At this point the only thing they can really improve on the iPad Air is RAM and its storage capacity.

And if you want a Apple laptop I personally think the Air is the greatest laptop ever made, but I travel a lot. If you are going to spend most of your time at a desk staring at shirtless Stafford pictures than you might be better off getting a Retina. Those are due for some big updates later this summer so you are probably better off waiting if you make the incorrect decision and go with Mac instead of Dell as I advised you to.

DSmalls84

There's no way Dimitroff gives away 3 first rounders for Clowney right?...right? Might be in store for plenty more 4-12 seasons in the future if that's the case.

Fox318

Any advertising experts here?

Does alcoholic beverage advertising on sports programming really increase the consumption of said product, especially if the brand is already established?

Would Budweiser, Miller Lite, or Coors really see a decrease in purchase and consumption at this point if they ceased advertising?

I understand maintaining brand identity for for introducing new products but would their lead selling product really suffer? At some point doesn't product quality/approval and cost(PBR) play more into sales than massive advertising campaigns?

bionic77

I really only care who the Steelers and the rest of the AFC North drafts.

I can't get too into draft schenaningans.

The Steelers are so bad in every aspect of defense that I can't get my hopes up that this one draft will change anything.

squicken

I really only care who the Steelers and the rest of the AFC North drafts.

I can't get too into draft schenaningans.

The Steelers are so bad in every aspect of defense that I can't get my hopes up that this one draft will change anything.

It's gonna break Chuck's heart if you guys don't take a WR over 6 foot tall

bionic77

It's gonna break Chuck's heart if you guys don't take a WR over 6 foot tall
I think our main need (on offense) is to get a tight end to replace Heath next year.

On offense we just need our line and players to stay healthy. I think this unit with Ben could tear it up if that happened. It just never has before...

But this draft has to be about defense. We need to draft 11 good players on defense and their backups. I am sure it can be done. We just need to pull off a Herschel Walker type trade.

MechDX

This is the least interesting first round for the Panthers in a while.

I'm 97% sure they are going with a second-tier offensive tackle at 28. Yay

I would rather be picking late in the draft than at the top. As excited as I keep getting for the #1 pick I remember what got us here. Fucking Schuabiak.....

BnCzyVHIMAASRaD.jpg:large

Hammer24

Banned
Any advertising experts here?

Does alcoholic beverage advertising on sports programming really increase the consumption of said product, especially if the brand is already established?

Would Budweiser, Miller Lite, or Coors really see a decrease in purchase and consumption at this point if they ceased advertising?

Coca Cola wrote an interesting piece about this a couple years ago.
It basically went like this: they thought they are so famous, that they could save heavily on advertising. What happened is, that people stayed well aware of the brand, but simply didn´t buy the products as much anymore. There is even a sociological study, that coined the term "awareness hole" into which Coca Cola fell.
End of the story: Coca cola started to advertise again, and sales went up accordingly.
Big brands took note, and since then keep on advertising their stuff. Even if it means to not have a decline.

Top Bottom