• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 1m
O'Brien has reevaluated his assessment that the #Texans have no slot receiver, having gotten more time with the roster.

Having OTA's the same week as the draft is weird. You can make a roster evaluation right before but it could also make you reach more than you should.

bionic77

My high school is having an alumni basketball tournament. I might suit up.

Greg quickly remind me on everything related to dunking.
Instruction on dunking (simplified for Canadians):

1. Palm the ball with your strong hand
2. Approach the rim with no fear
3. When you get in the area where you can elevate above the rim and still reach it bend your knees and prepare to elevate
4. At this point empty your mind and remember that gravity is your enemy (along with old age, physics and genetics) and that it will not exist for then next 2 seconds. You must believe this or else this will not work.
5. Explode upwards towards the basket whilst palming the ball
6. At the point where the ball is above the rim throw it down with a vengeance (channel all of your sports blue balls from being a Browns and Raptors fan at this exact moment)
7. After releasing the ball grab the rim for a brief moment and then descend safely back to earth
8. Don't look at anyone and begin to slowly jog/strut back to the other side of the court and act as if nothing out of the ordinary has occurred

Congratulations! If you follow these simple steps you will be dunking in no time!

cdyhybrid

TNoF0Ak.png

#ThePatriotWay

3. When you get in the area where you can elevate above the rim and still reach it bend your knees and prepare to elevate
4. At this point empty your mind and remember that gravity is your enemy (along with old age, physics and genetics) and that it will not exist for then next 2 seconds. You must believe this or else this will not work.
6. At the point where the ball is above the rim throw it down with a vengeance (channel all of your sports blue balls from being a Browns and Raptors fan at this exact moment)
7. After releasing the ball grab the rim for a brief moment and then descend safely back to earth
8. Don't look at anyone and begin to slowly jog/strut back to the other side of the court and act as if nothing out of the ordinary has occurred

Congratulations! If you follow these simple steps you will be dunking in no time!
More like pulling a hamstring in no time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Heh, already talk on how the $40 million guaranteed might not be fully guaranteed, going by recent contracts made by Seattle including Michael Bennett's. Schneider knows how to manage this shit.

I hate when players do that after hitting a game winning shot.

cajunator

Banned

I wonder how often this results in serious injury. My uncle ripped the tip of his ring finger off playing basketball when he was younger. Finger got caught in the netting.

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen 2m
For the first time ever, draftees have chosen the music that plays over speakers as they walk to the stage in Radio City Music Hall.

100% chance JFF chose Drake

bionic77

With such a premium being placed on DBs nowadays, I think the run game will make a big comeback pretty soon.
The two best teams in the NFC were very run heavy. The AFC was entirely pass whacky and was garbage compared to the NFC last year.

But it easier said then done to establish the run. Really takes a dominant line, good coaches, and a great back. How many teams have the personnel to run that?

But as for making a comeback? It already did.

cdyhybrid

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-bishop-sankey-draws-emmitt-smith-comparisons

NFL scouts sometimes get a little hyperbolic when discussing draft prospects, and two anonymous scouts brought up one of the greatest running backs in NFL history when discussing Washington running back Bishop Sankey.

"He's got a little bit of Emmitt Smith in him," one scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He's like a poor man's Emmitt Smith. He can run everywhere. He's just not a real burner. But he's got quickness and vision, and he's a hell of a kid. He's tougher than (expletive)."

Another scout: "He's not as strong as Emmitt but looks the way Emmitt looked when he came to the Cowboys." But that scout also said, "I just don't think he will be big enough to take the every-day pounding."

The two best teams in the NFC were very run heavy. The AFC was entirely pass whacky and was garbage compared to the NFC last year.

But it easier said then done to establish the run. Really takes a dominant line, good coaches, and a great back. How many teams have the personnel to run that?

But as for making a comeback? It already did.

I'm just saying based on numbers and draft premiums, at this point WRs are kinda more valued right now.

But I agree, it's already a passing (haha punnery) fad.

That is actually pretty damn cool. Small amount of users will actually use it but cool none the less.

Did you get in on all the stuff they did last year during the playoffs? It was really fun trying to pick all the different categories that they had. I hope they do something like that for the draft.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bart Hubbuch ✔ @HubbuchNYP

NFL source tells me the Giants will NOT be in "Hard Knocks" this year. A handful of clubs volunteered instead, and league is still deciding.

bionic77

I'm just saying based on numbers and draft premiums, at this point WRs are kinda more valued right now.

But I agree, it's already a passing (haha punnery) fad.
It is weird.

It used to be that it was a lot easier to establish the run that it was to establish the pass (from a coaching and talent perspective). It used to be very few teams were able to establish a competent passing attack.

Now the opposite has occurred. Now it seems like it is much easier to get more immediate success going pass whacky than running the ball all the time.

Obviously the ideal situation is to have a great running game and have everything else play off of that, but it seems very few teams have the talent or coaching to pull it off.

I think this is more of a coaching problem than talent problem. All of the offensive coaches seem to be obsessed with passing and I would guess that most of them don't know how to run the ball.

If a change is coming it will start from the coaches and work its way down to the talent and then onto the field.

Bart Hubbuch ✔ @HubbuchNYP

NFL source tells me the Giants will NOT be in "Hard Knocks" this year. A handful of clubs volunteered instead, and league is still deciding.

I wish the dolphins would get it again but after bully gate I doubt Philbin wants any extra media attention.

Top Bottom