• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's easier to pass in the league because you're not allowed to cover*, hit or tackle receivers anymore.

* Goodell exception for Chickens mugging wideouts excepted, of course.

MechDX

JFF will be TV gold.

Johnny-Manziel.jpg

Fox318

He's signed for $20M next year. He won't be holding out. He'll probably get cut, but he won't be holding out.

He has enough money guaranteed so that he makes his 16 mill year average for this year. The 20 mill for next year was designed so that he can only be cut instead of franchised.

MechDX

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn · 25m
Talked to Texans HC Bill O'Brien, who says DE Jadeveon Clowney and Khalil Mack would be OLB in base 3-4. But multiple D so play down 60 pct.

Interesting.

I want to see this....

Also anyone watch Orphan Black? I'm looking for new shows to watch, seems interesting.
Yeah watch it! Squicken recommended it to me. Just finished s1 really like it. Thought the first episode was alittle slow, but hang in. Can't wait to get s2 going.
Also just watched s1 of arrow, not bad

Colasante

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 16m
#Seahawks have the #NFLs most expensive secondary: $85 million in guarantees to three players.

tumblr_lwobmpkPmB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

It's too bad that the Panthers don't have tackles or wide receivers, because if both they and the Seahawks had comparable talents on the rest of the roster, it'd be interesting to see whether a secondary-heavy roster or front seven-heavy roster is more conducive to success. In a vacuum I'd probably think the Panthers have the right approach, though Thomas and Sherman are special talents that skew the equation.

Talon

It's too bad that the Panthers don't have tackles or wide receivers, because if both they and the Seahawks had comparable talents on the rest of the roster, it'd be interesting to see whether a secondary-heavy roster or front seven-heavy roster is more conducive to success. In a vacuum I'd probably think the Panthers have the right approach, though Thomas and Sherman are special talents that skew the equation.
Except you're ignoring the fact that the Seahawks have a pretty damn good front 7, whereas the Panthers have flying garbage in the defensive backfield.

Draxal

It's too bad that the Panthers don't have tackles or wide receivers, because if both they and the Seahawks had comparable talents on the rest of the roster, it'd be interesting to see whether a secondary-heavy roster or front seven-heavy roster is more conducive to success. In a vacuum I'd probably think the Panthers have the right approach.

I thought Mebane was the best player on the field when the Hawks beat the Giants a couple years back. Not sure if you can discount the Hawks front 7.

edit.

Goddammit Talon.

MechDX

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel · 3h
Jadeveon Clowney said he knows nothing official but doesn't think he'll drop past Houston as No. 1 pick.

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel · 3h
Clowney said if he gets to team up with JJ Watt then Andrew Luck, "better have his head on a swivel."

andrewlucksmile.gif

rando14

If you want to compare secondary vs front seven, compare the Niners and Hawks. Ultimately both teams are pretty much even.

Top Bottom