• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Why in the blue hell is Chase Daniel eating that much up, he's a backup QB! lol

I notice this is Justin Houston's contract year. That is gonna be a lot of green going his way too.

Mike Devito counts almost $5m and his best year he had 1 sack. They have some really crazy contracts on their books.

Talon

On the Texans, there is a feeling that the infrastructure Clowney needs is in place. Full explanation on that here: http://t.co/J9Z5Thxnw6

How about Breer ?
Talon's List of Ignored NFL Commentators:

1. Berman - nothing to say here.
2. Rappaport - has never produce an original though that didn't turn out to be bullshit.
3. Florio - chase dem ambulances!
4. Breer - Rappaport Jr.
5. Dilfer - "Who drives the car?! TO TACO BELL!!!"
6. McShay - So full of shit. Has a reputation for having 0 sources in the league 'cause he's such a cock.
7. Kiper - He is who he is at this point. He's a goofball clown with tall hair.

Sanjuro

hwTBO9E.gif

JbAfTCh.gif

cdyhybrid

2. Rappaport - has never produce an original though that didn't turn out to be bullshit.
4. Breer - Rappaport Jr.
6. McShay - So full of shit. Has a reputation for having 0 sources in the league 'cause he's such a cock.

This is a solid list.

Wes

venison crêpe
"An entertainment reporter situated to my right asked Clowney about his biggest celebrity crush. (Aside: If you go to enough of these events, you learn this is an absolute go-to inquiry for this breed of journalist.)

Clowney was caught off guard, his mind Rolodex spinning out of control. Without warning, he turned to me.

"Who's single, who's single?" he asks."

dionysus

Yaldog
BOB sure knows how to say things that make Mech happy.

“Again, these guys are professional football players. I think from the first day, we told them every year is different. Every year in the NFL there’s change. There’s different players, there’s different coaches and part of being an NFL football player and an NFL coach is being able to adapt to change and I think these guys have adapted well to this point.”

squicken

Rick Smith isn't "trolling". He's asking for more than anyone wants to give to move up. He's floating his team connected to every player in hopes of someone moving up. Rams are doing the same thing. It's why this lead up has been so annoying.

There's very good players at the top of the draft, but none that are Luck, Megatron, Patrick Peterson, AP. No player that would be expected to come in and be a top player at his position in a couple of years. Clowney has the talent but way too many other issues for anyone to give up extra draft capital to trade up for him.

Talon

I'm excited to completely ignore every sports website for about two weeks, so I can avoid the dreaded "draft grade" and "ten best/worst value picks" nonsense.

Syrinx

"An entertainment reporter situated to my right asked Clowney about his biggest celebrity crush. (Aside: If you go to enough of these events, you learn this is an absolute go-to inquiry for this breed of journalist.)

Clowney was caught off guard, his mind Rolodex spinning out of control. Without warning, he turned to me.

:jnc

Draxal

4. Breer - Rappaport Jr.

Who would you say are the best 3 commentators at this point?

cajunator

Banned

4. Breer - Rappaport Jr.

NFL needs another Howard Cosell

Draxal

For Pats gaf, Coleman isn't the Rutgers guy that i'm hearing linked to the Pats, it's Deering (who would be a 7th rounder).

Jaguars could take one at the beginning of the 2nd. Browns, Texans, Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, and Giants will be interested as well.

For the Giants, it's only if player of significant value dropped. Don't see them drafting one high with the Jennings signing and expecting Wilson to contribute this year ... and large holes in OL/WR/and Te.

Talon

Who would you say are the best 3 commentators at this point?
Jaws and Hoge ONLY when they're on NFL Matchup, which ESPN has exiled to like the 3 AM slot now.*

I enjoy Russ Tucker and Matt Williamson when they're chatting casually on podcasts. I find Tucker to be a legitimately horrible writer, however. Like, he is just bad at writing.

*Holy shit, I was joking about this timeslot, but it's literally at 3 AM now. :jnc

Draxal

Jaws and Hoge ONLY when they're on NFL Matchup, which ESPN has exiled to like the 3 AM slot now.*

I enjoy Russ Tucker and Matt Williamson when they're chatting casually on podcasts. I find Tucker to be a legitimately horrible writer, however. Like, he is just bad at writing.

*Holy shit, I was joking about this timeslot, but it's literally at 3 AM now. :jnc

I loved Kirwan and Tim Ryan, and listening to Gil Brandt was always a pleasure to listen to as well.

Mindlog

4. Breer - Rappaport Jr.
5. Dilfer - "Who drives the car?! TO TACO BELL!!! In the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE!!!!"
Small fix. It was driving me crazy.

Smarter than Dockett

cajunator

Banned
I still like some of the hometown announcers for some teams, like Detroits, some of the old Raiders ones, 49ers, Saints, Kansas city

Talon

I genuinely enjoy listening to Dave Archer doing the color commentary for the Falcons. He's obviously a homer, but he actually sounds like he's watching the game as opposed to whatever yayhoo is on the Fox broadcast.

Draxal

I genuinely enjoy listening to Dave Archer doing the color commentary for the Falcons. He's obviously a homer, but he actually sounds like he's watching the game as opposed to whatever yayhoo is on the Fox broadcast.

Yeah, I love listening to Carl Banks covering the NY Giants for the same reason. He knows his shit, but homers it up (He did bash the Giants nonstop last year; but they were a shitshow that only FMT would have enjoyed).

Striker

For the Giants, it's only if player of significant value dropped. Don't see them drafting one high with the Jennings signing and expecting Wilson to contribute this year ... and large holes in OL/WR/and Te.
I definitely think they'll bring in a few, whether undrafted or not. They have Jennings as the workhorse then Hillis and possibly Wilson to give him in a breather. I wonder if they'd ever consider bringing in Da'Rel Scott again lol.

cajunator

Banned

I love listening to Jim Henderson. He has followed the Saints through so many awful years you can just hear the sheer relief and jubilation in this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlHtfj2vAo
Damn that was a great year.

Talon

Yeah, I love listening to Carl Banks covering the NY Giants for the same reason. He knows his shit, but homers it up (He did bash the Giants nonstop last year; but they were a shitshow that only FMT would have enjoyed).
Yeah, Arch isn't as big of a homer as say a SEC announcer, but he's still a bit of a homer. I did enjoy him deservedly beating up the o-line.

"Konz/Holmes/Trueblood is really struggling out there." happens about...20 times a game.

Colasante

I definitely think they'll bring in a few, whether undrafted or not. They have Jennings as the workhorse then Hillis and possibly Wilson to give him in a breather. I wonder if they'd ever consider bringing in Da'Rel Scott again lol.

Jennings did well last season, but I think it'd be foolish for the Giants to bank on him and pass up on Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill if they were available in the 3rd. A Hill/Jennings/Wilson backfield would be very impressive and provide a diverse skillset.

Vyroxis

Banned
I love listening to Jim Henderson. He has followed the Saints through so many awful years you can just hear the sheer relief and jubilation in this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlHtfj2vAo
Damn that was a great year.

That was a great year for the Saints, and a heartbreaking one for the Vikings. It was 98 all over again, except this time our QB fucked us instead of our kicker.

I still say that PI call in OT was bullshit however.

I think we're all kinda homers for our home guys. Love Jim Donovan, and even enjoyed Kosar during preseason.

Draxal

Jennings did well last season, but I think it'd be foolish for the Giants to bank on him and pass up on Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill if they were available in the 3rd. A Hill/Jennings/Wilson backfield would be very impressive and provide a diverse skillset.

They're going to bring in another running back, but I just don't see them going high for one unless someone reallly drops.

Just so many holes across the board as I did forget to mention D-Line (not really a hole perse, but its not as good as the usual Giants dline of hte past), and the Donald rumors to the Giants makes sense.

That was a great year for the Saints, and a heartbreaking one for the Vikings. It was 98 all over again, except this time our QB fucked us instead of our kicker.

Was the Vikings-Giants game in 2000 as painful for you guys as the Ravens-Giants superbowl was for us?

cajunator

Banned

Have any of yall ever opened up video linksl ike this and it starts playing double? Like it opened up an invisible video attached to this thread and then opened nfl site separately and played both videos. I had to refresh this thread to make it stop.

That was a shitty PI call yeah (was it Evans who fell down I forgot?)
But some calls go your way and some dont. Its kind of luck of the draw I guess.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

It's a show that has a loyal following of dvr'ers. Myself included.

Don Banks said:
I've also heard that Manziel himself isn't wild about the idea of landing in Jacksonville, one of the NFL's smaller markets, and that the Jaguars would not be his first choice of employers.

Top Bottom