• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

cdyhybrid

What is the point of a mock draft when teams can trade up and down?

Just have a ranking of players or have players you team thinks will be a good fit.

Does anyone here really believe that JFF doesn't get drafted in the top 15?

To keep this thread from getting locked and nuked 3 weeks before the draft.

dionysus

Yaldog
Saints are about to spend similar on a tight end of all players. Probably better to put the money into defense.

Who seems to disappear when they need him most. He was nowhere during the Seahawks game this year, and wasn't he nowhere last year too? Memory is fuzzy.

Tamanon

Banned
For some reason, almost every person seems to think the Jags are set at QB. I almost never see any QB talked about for them.

The power of Henne I guess.

brentech

I have a hard time believing a mock that says the browns will draft an offensive lineman. There could be a number of reasons the Browns have been bad in recent years. The line just isn't one of them.

Not sure if that mock is just a literal, best player available, or if people actually think the Browns would do that. I don't put it past them at this point, but got damn that'd be stupid.

Just hope the packers get quality safety or MLB help, but they can really just take about anyone and it's not likely to upset me. Each position could use an upgrade or simply more depth because we lost it.
Trust in Ted. To pick another d lineman

Saints are about to spend similar on a tight end of all players. Probably better to put the money into defense.

You think you'll be able to keep him next year? I'm expecting him to bail for more money after feeling dissed but I suppose the Saints could sooth things over with money...if they can find any. At least he adds value as a legit WR1 in the TE spot but yeah, it sucks to pay big money for anything but an elite QB.

If the Chickens keep all their core D players, it will probably be worth the contracts required to make it happen. I would think it a blow if they lose Wussel and Lynch but somehow I feel like they'll find a way to keep Wussel. It's a shame to see Sherman get more guaranteed than Thomas though, Thomas is the only true stud on that D while the rest are very competent in that system and the group of them together makes for an amazing D.

rando14

You could always dial up your old number and, if it's still in service, leave your new number with them in case hockey bar girl dials up.

Turn a Loss into a Win.

Ubertag I just wanted to jump in quickly here to say that you have an AWESOME avatar!! you rule man!!

LJ11

Zack Martin....lololol

I shouldn't even watch the first, I have bball at 9 but I was going to skip, maybe I should go...

I'm not buying the Eric Berry trade rumors. If anything, I'd expect the Chiefs to draft another SS and move Berry to FS. Flowers and Hali are more likely candidates to be moved, and I think they keep Hali around this year.

EDIT: Then again, that specific rumor is that the Falcons are interested. Considering Pioli weaseled his way into that front office and then exerted his influence enough to grossly overpay for Tyson Jackson and Jon Asamoah, it makes the rumor 10% more plausible.

cdyhybrid

You think you'll be able to keep him next year? I'm expecting him to bail for more money after feeling dissed but I suppose the Saints could sooth things over with money...if they can find any. At least he adds value as a legit WR1 in the TE spot but yeah, it sucks to pay big money for anything but an elite QB.

If the Chickens keep all their core D players, it will probably be worth the contracts required to make it happen. I would think it a blow if they lose Wussel and Lynch but somehow I feel like they'll find a way to keep Wussel. It's a shame to see Sherman get more guaranteed than Thomas though, Thomas is the only true stud on that D while the rest are very competent in that system and the group of them together makes for an amazing D.

Lynch will be very close to 30 (if not at 30) when his contract is up, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were on his last deal with us.

Thomas got less because safeties in general get less than CBs. Just the nature of the market. I do agree that Thomas is worth more to the defense though.

UberTag

Ubertag I just wanted to jump in quickly here to say that you have an AWESOME avatar!! you rule man!!
Much appreciated... although this avatar may not last through the weekend if the Bruins fall into their own pit of despair. Hopefully they're able to recover.

You know I always forget about the Titans, every time I see them mentioned I think "oh yeah the titans are a team" weird.

titans.jpg

My final top five wish list for the Giants at 12:

1. Mike Evans - I doubt he drops but his size and catching ability is exactly what we need to replace Hakeem, IMO.
2. Eric Ebron - The diva stuff is of no concern to me. The drops are a problem but he's an explosive player and the type of TE we haven't had since Shockey.
3. Aaron Donald - Yeah he's too small. Yeah he can't be an every down lineman. Yeah, I don't care. He's a monster and considering the Giants live and breath with a hefty defensive line rotation - this guy can and will contribute year one.
4. Zack Martin - Versatility. Plain and simple. He can play tackle or we can plug him in at LG if needed. He's Justin Pugh 2.0.
5. Odell Beckham Jr/Haha Clinton Dix - A tie here because we'll need Safety with Will Hill but I like OBJ quite a bit as well.

Scenario that will leave me disappointed:

1. Taylor Lewan - meh meh meh meh meh meh meh. Maybe I'll eat crow and he'll prove to be better than his tape but he does absolutely nothing for me.

Fox318

To kill time?

If your sport has to come up with useless mock drafts that don't account for trades or any real world draft you have a problem.

You wan your sport to gather interest and because they pushed the Draft back people are making up stories more than ever.

The only reason that GMs want to push the draft back more is so that they can hope that kids will get in trouble and then they can hold that over them when it comes to drafting and contract negotiations.

One day people are going to look back on Goodell's tenure and it will all be about how greed made the sport irrelevant.

cajunator

Banned
You can buy a house for the price of a VCR

Im sure cleveland isnt that bad. Every city has bad regions.

Who seems to disappear when they need him most. He was nowhere during the Seahawks game this year, and wasn't he nowhere last year too? Memory is fuzzy.

Lots of good WRs disappear playing the Seahawks so Im not overly concerned about that. Players have off games. Manning and the Broncos couldnt even score againnst the Seahawks until the end with Welker, DT, Decker, all those amazingly talented guys.
As it stand hes by far the best offensive player we have for Brees to throw to. Colston is older and not as reliable. We have a bunch of young guys who need to prove something.

Yeah I think we will. A few more players will probably have to go though.

Syrinx

What is the point of a mock draft when teams can trade up and down?

Just have a ranking of players or have players you team thinks will be a good fit.

Does anyone here really believe that JFF doesn't get drafted in the top 15?

Our mock did.

Lynch will be very close to 30 (if not at 30) when his contract is up, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were on his last deal with us.

Thomas got less because safeties in general get less than CBs. Just the nature of the market. I do agree that Thomas is worth more to the defense though.

Yeah I expect this as well but the man earns his nickname.

This is very true but it is still disappointing to not always see guys paid by their actual value rather than the position. I'm also extra annoyed since it will surely have some impact on our own signing.

There's 0% chance that Marshawn Lynch gets another big money contract from Seattle. They've drafted running backs in high rounds in 2 straight drafts.

Dunkers92

Hey guys, new here :) Packer fan

Cannot wait for the draft. As I said in the Draft OT thread will be staying up to the early hours of the morning over here in the UK.

I can see Manziel either going to Jax or the Raiders. I just can't see him dropping like Mayock has him doing. If he doesn't go in the top 10 someone will panic and trade up for him.

The Packers need a safety, especially if Micah Hyde doesn't move from corner. If Clinton-Dix is there, we've got to take him.

squicken

Mayock had Shariff Floyd in his and Geno Smith in his top 10 last year. These guys aren't going to keep their secrets for a whole year and then give them to Mayock the night before the draft

As far as JFF, I doubt the JAX rumor, but sort of believe the HOU one. It's probably best for him to get out of Texas

Hey guys, new here :) Packer fan

Cannot wait for the draft. As I said in the Draft OT thread will be staying up to the early hours of the morning over here in the UK.

I can see Manziel either going to Jax or the Raiders. I just can't see him dropping like Mayock has him doing. If he doesn't go in the top 10 someone will panic and trade up for him.

The Packers need a safety, especially if Micah Hyde doesn't move from corner. If Clinton-Dix is there, we've got to take him.

Welcome!

152732550.jpg.CROP.multipart2-medium.jpg

Top Bottom