• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Striker

Jennings did well last season, but I think it'd be foolish for the Giants to bank on him and pass up on Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill if they were available in the 3rd. A Hill/Jennings/Wilson backfield would be very impressive and provide a diverse skillset.
Oh I'm sure they would look at RB early if they didn't have a plethora of other problems. They have the absolute worst depth at TE and still need another WR. Plus there's questions about LT Will Beatty's health on his leg and there's a spot that needs filled at OG. I think they address OL, TE, and WR in the first four rounds. You may see RB in there, but Safety and DL may also be required. Team was mess coming off the season; many felt it was going to take more than one season to get them back in the scheme of things. Thankfully the rest of the NFCE isn't too great, either.

I've seen a bit of Hill and he looks really good too. A combo punch of him and Jennings would be great. Bit of Fred Taylor-James Stewart from Coughlin's Jag days.

for what its worth, my team lost to the 0-26 Bucs and starred in the NFL blooper reels for decades.
inRscvXz5FcAD.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry BG.

I know you love Carlos Hyde but Mary Kay says we may target him in the second round so yeah we aren't getting him.

cajunator

Banned
Oh I'm sure they would look at RB early if they didn't have a plethora of other problems. They have the absolute worst depth at TE and still need another WR. Plus there's questions about LT Will Beatty's health on his leg and there's a spot that needs filled at OG. I think they address OL, TE, and WR in the first four rounds. You may see RB in there, but Safety and DL may also be required. Team was mess coming off the season; many felt it was going to take more than one season to get them back in the scheme of things. Thankfully the rest of the NFCE isn't too great, either.

I've seen a bit of Hill and he looks really good too. A combo punch of him and Jennings would be great. Bit of Fred Taylor-James Stewart from Coughlin's Jag days.

inRscvXz5FcAD.gif

AND SO MANY MORE!

Its all good. Nobody can say that wasnt the Superbowl that year. Both teams came in and put on a hell of a game.

Thats true. Favre played like a warrior and both teams played one of the craziest most physically exhausting games Ive ever seen. Probably one of the most exciting overall games in a long time just how close it was and the back and forth punches. I was at work that day too and had to answer phone calls and shit. coworker kept yelling "we got the ball back again!" and it never seemed to end. Im interested to see how the Vikes stadium turns out though it should really be outdoors.

brentech

After like 5-6 months of not having to do it, I mowed and used the trimmer all around our flower bed brick (which is a perimeter around our whole house), yesterday.
Tilling the vegetable garden for my wife today.
My arms are just vibrating and feel like jello once I turn the machine off.

It's good to be back. Apparently I need to work out more in the winter months.

Vyroxis

Banned
AND SO MANY MORE!
Im interested to see how the Vikes stadium turns out though it should really be outdoors.

You can blame all the crybabies in St. Paul for it not being an open air stadium. They refused to think of putting a stadium anywhere other than where the Dome was (which is a shitty location), and they wanted it to be available year round for any event. If they wanted that, they should have just let the Vikings move to a better location for the stadium they wanted and kept the Metrodome.

I like the bottom middle.

Here's our!

140504seagals-820.jpg

.... yea.. F YOU HOUSTON! =(

What the hell is wrong with that black chicks face? Did she go a round or two with a sledgehammer? Or is that just shitty makeup?

Hit it off with a cool girl at a hockey bar last night during the Wild game.

Realized today I gave her my old number. Was a little drunk haha. No way to get in contact so...

Gonna have to chalk up that L.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Realized today I gave her my old number. Was a little drunk haha. No way to get in contact so...

They didn't get eliminated in 3 games did they? Maybe you'll get another chance.

Also,

Texgals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chickengals

Report: Manziel doesn't want to land in Jacksonville - NFL.com

NEW YORK -- Throughout his media interviews at the NFL Play 60 Youth Football Festival Wednesday, Johnny Manziel maintained that he would be excited to go to whichever NFL club drafts him.
Not so, according to a report suggesting that the former Texas A&M star would rather not land in Jacksonville.
The Jaguars hold the No. 3 overall pick and are among several clubs drafting in the top 10 picks that have a clear need at the quarterback position. Sports Illustrated reports that Manziel wouldn't care to hear his name called when Jacksonville turns in its card shortly after 8 p.m. ET. Manziel reportedly has no issue with the Jaguars coaching staff, but isn't thrilled about Jacksonville as a location.
The same report suggests that Manziel's family doesn't want to see him end up with the Houston Texans, because any other destination would make it easier for the star quarterback to distance himself from both the "Johnny Football" reputation, and the friends with whom he built his collegiate reputation as a party seeker.
Wait ... what?
A prospect's family that wouldn't want to see its player drafted No. 1 overall? If that's not a first, the precedent is a short one.
Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread
Save yourself! FREE JOHNNY!

cdyhybrid

Just watch the tape, learn from it, get better, and move on.

#AlwaysCompete
#WinForever

jbug617

Banned
1st half of Mayock's mock is out.

Texans- DE Clowney
Rams- OT Robinson
Jags- LB Mack
Browns- OT Matthews
Raiders- WR Watkins
Falcons- OT Lewan
Bucs- WR Evans
Vikes- CB Gilbert
Bills- OT Martin
Lions- CB Dennard
Titans- QB Bortles
Giants- TE Ebron
Rams- WR Beckham
Bears- S Pryor
Steelers- CB Fuller

I wish I could laugh hysterically at the idiotic Sherman contract but unfortunately all I can feel is concern about how much we are about to pay P2 :( GMs need to make a stand, dammit! There is only one player on the field that impacts the team enough to warrant money like that and it's the QB. Nothing else.

Jennings did well last season, but I think it'd be foolish for the Giants to bank on him and pass up on Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill if they were available in the 3rd. A Hill/Jennings/Wilson backfield would be very impressive and provide a diverse skillset.
You can get RB depth in later rounds and or bring in an UDFA. The Giants have too many holes to fill to dick with the RB position. They have Jennings/Hillis/Michael Scott and the real possibility of having David Wilson back. They'll want to add two more bodies for camp but when you have nothing on the roster at TE, offensive and defensive line concerns and the need for a #1 receiver - there are better places to spend your first 3 picks in the draft, IMO.

rando14

I wish I could laugh hysterically at the idiotic Sherman contract but unfortunately all I can feel is concern about how much we are about to pay P2 :( GMs need to make a stand, dammit! There is only one player on the field that impacts the team enough to warrant money like that and it's the QB. Nothing else.

Your boy Tyrann seems to think Peterson is worth 60-70 mil, hmmm we'll see ;)

cajunator

Banned

Saints are about to spend similar on a tight end of all players. Probably better to put the money into defense.

JABEE

1st half of Mayock's mock is out.

Texans- DE Clowney
Rams- OT Robinson
Jags- LB Mack
Browns- OT Matthews
Raiders- WR Watkins
Falcons- OT Lewan
Bucs- WR Evans
Vikes- CB Gilbert
Bills- OT Martin
Lions- CB Dennard
Titans- QB Bortles
Giants- TE Ebron
Rams- WR Beckham
Bears- S Pryor
Steelers- CB Fuller
Manziel falling to 22

Your boy Tyrann seems to think Peterson is worth 60-70 mil, hmmm we'll see ;)

I saw that, they are super close outside the team so he'll say whatever. I honestly believe Peterson is better than Sherman and it would really show if we had Thomas instead of a gaping hole at S, but he hasn't even been to the playoffs while Sherman has a ring so Sherman still gets the crown for now and Peterson should get less money. A respected commentator for the Cards said he expects Peterson's numbers to be around: "My guess 12.5M avg. per year, 35-38M in the first three years" though this is pure speculation.

Fox318

What is the point of a mock draft when teams can trade up and down?

Just have a ranking of players or have players you team thinks will be a good fit.

Does anyone here really believe that JFF doesn't get drafted in the top 15?

Tamanon

Banned

Just have a ranking of players or have players you team thinks will be a good fit.

To kill time?

UberTag

You could always dial up your old number and, if it's still in service, leave your new number with them in case hockey bar girl dials up.

Turn a Loss into a Win.

It's all about that Shirtless League draft priority. You have to be able to factor trade projections into your board.
You could always not fill out your ballot and have your last pick of available draft spots.

Top Bottom