• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've got such a hectic Thursday/Friday.

Draft is 1am to probably 5am. Then I have a doctors appointment at 10. Followed by an Wedding Reception at 7pm which is an hours drive away. Which, if I leave at around 11, I can be back in time for start of Round 2.

If Farmer wants to trade up from pick 35 in to the late first round I'd appreciate it.

I think I've settled on Gilbert or Barr being the Lions' pick at 10. They need help in the secondary and to fill that third LB spot, so either works for me.

I wish Dutch wasn't a Pats fan.

BFF, please.

A Euro that hates the Pats. That's new.

You're new.

I've got such a hectic Thursday/Friday.

Draft is 1am to probably 5am. Then I have a doctors appointment at 10. Followed by an Wedding Reception at 7pm which is an hours drive away. Which, if I leave at around 11, I can be back in time for start of Round 2.

If Farmer wants to trade up from pick 35 in to the late first round I'd appreciate it.

No plans tomorrow, no plans on friday, no plays on saturday.

Am I gonna watch all 7 rounds?!

Probably not.

jbug617

Banned
Think of him as a member of the Great Patriot Brotherhood not just the Pats. All are welcome on our fair group.

Thank you based Vrabel/BOB/Tom/Bill

How come you don't include the Falcons to the Brotherhood with Dimitroff and Pioli in charge over there

Fox318

This is our Superbowl. I will devour it all. We've waited damn long enough.

"See that son, that man will play 3 snaps for our Browns then get arrested for sexual assault and thrown off the team but only after the Browns guaranteed him 40 million"

Wes

venison crêpe
BEREA, Ohio – The Cleveland Browns’ draft board sits on a white board in a locked room, directly across the hall from general manager Ray Farmer’s office, and only three men in the Browns’ organization have the code that grants them access inside.

But just in case someone other than Farmer, head coach Mike Pettine or owner Jimmy Haslam has slipped in unattended to try to sneak a peek at the final draft board for the team slated to select with the No. 4 and 26 picks Thursday night, Farmer built in one more security measure.

“I’m not quite paranoid, but I’m close, and so for all of those that think they know, or for everyone that was in the room, the board is still not final,” Farmer told USA TODAY Sports. “There are five or six magnets that are strategically moved out of place that we’ll move into place when [Thursday] comes.”

So even if you get past the smokescreen you have to deal with codes and unsorted magnets. Farmer got this all planned out.

MechDX

You know since the Eagles are basically Texans North Jabee and Dutch are already family. Like second cousins.

Welcome our Eagles aka. Texans North brothers!

Bread

Banned
You know since the Eagles are basically Texans North Jabee and Dutch are already family.

Welcome our Eagles aka. Texans North brothers!
the eagles are basically the unlucky version of the pats anyways

they are like our ugly little brother who threw batteries at dad the one time he dressed up for christmas

Mortgage your future for one more year of Peyton Manning, brehs

If they win even just 1 ring with Manning, it instantly makes all of the lean years to potentially follow worth it.

A Ring > Being decent enough to make the playoffs every year but not good enough to actually win the Owl (which is where they will be at best with Brock Osweiler as the QB)

Irsay would have posted it all on twitter.

"bIG news nComin. Wr MaKing moves 4 U, Colts FANS"- Jim Irsay

MechDX

I am at peace knowing the Texans are drafting Clooney at 1.1

May he Watt,Cushing and Mercilus just destroy Luck at every turn under the supervision of Crennel, Vrabel and BOB

Oozer3993

So even if you get past the smokescreen you have to deal with codes and unsorted magnets. Farmer got this all planned out.

TO_thatsmyGM.gif

Even if you get the magnets in the right order, the names are in code. Just try to decipher "Jimmy Girlziel."

Colasante

If they win even just 1 ring with Manning, it instantly makes all of the lean years to potentially follow worth it.

A Ring > Being decent enough to make the playoffs every year but not good enough to actually win the Owl (which is where they will be at best with Brock Osweiler as the QB)

6syVTZR.jpg

Packers should have gone to the Super Bowl in 2007 under Favre. They were able to make the playoffs in 2009 and win the Super Bowl with Rodgers in 2010 because they didn't mortgage the future to win under Favre.

Wes

venison crêpe
The Rams have only been saying this Manziel stuff to try to get the Jags or Browns to jump up to 2 and allow the Rams to still get whoever they want as well as a pick.

squicken

The Rams have only been saying this Manziel stuff to try to get the Jags or Browns to jump up to 2 and allow the Rams to still get whoever they want as well as a pick.

I think they have interest, but yeah both HOU and STL have been responsible for 80% of the rumors out there imo. Both trying to shop their picks

e: Damn looks like Bradford got into the Chickens's medicine cabinet

Day Before Draft info.

For those interested in pontificating about who the Oakland Raiders will be drafting, here is a list of all the prospects that the Raiders visited with. The visit could have been at the combine, a pro day or a visit to Raiders headquarters.
CB Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
CB Ricardo Allen, CB, Purdue
DB Bashaud Breeland, DB, Clemson
DB Carrington Byndom, DB, Texas
DB Dexter McDougle, DB, Maryland
DB Keith Lewis, DB, Virigina-Lynch
DB Keon Lyn, DB, Syracuse
DB Terrance Mitchell, DB, Oregon
DL Aaron Lynch, DL, South Florida
DL Austin Flynn, DL, Arkansas
DL Ben Gardner, DL, Stanford
DL Brent Urban, DL, Virginia (SR)
DL Chaz Sutton, DL, South Carolina
DL Jadeveon Clowney, DL, South Carolina
DL Josh Mauro, DL, Stanford
DL Ken Bishop, DL, Northern Illinois
DL Tyler Hoover, DL, Michigan State (PRO) (DT 583- 42- undrafted.)
DL Zach Moore, DL, COncordia (PRI) (DE 230 – 20 – 6-7)
LB Morgan Breslin, LB, USC (PRI) (OLB – 299 – 27 – 7-FA)
LB Ronald Powell, LB, Florida (PRI) (OLB – 289 – 26 – 7-FA)
LB Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State (PRI) (OLB – 19 – 3 – 1)
LB Xavius Boyd, LB, Western Kentucky (INT) (OLB – 451 – 37 – FA)
OL Brandon Thomas, OL, Clemson (PRI*) (OG – 170 -10 – 5)
OL Garrett Scott, OL, Marshall (PRI) (OT – 261 – 20 – 7-FA)
OL Kevin Pamphile, OL, Purdue (PRO) (OT – 198 – 17 – 6)
OL Mike Hunchak, OL, Hofstra (INT)
OL Weston Richburg, OL, Colorado State (SR) ( C – 65 – 2 – 2-3)
QB Blake Bortles%, QB, Central Florida (PRI) (COM) (6-1-1)
QB Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State (PRI) (VINT) (28 – 4 – 1-2)
QB Johnny Manziel%, QB, Texas A&M (PRI) (COM) (7 – 2 – 1)
QB Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (COM) (179 – 10 – 5-6)
QB Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (SR) (VINT) (298 – 16 – 7-FA)
QB Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville (COM) (13 – 3 – 1)
QB Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh (PRI) ( 45 – 5 – 2)
QB Zach Mettenberger%, QB, LSU (PRO) (COM) (125 – 8 – 4th)
RB Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee (EW) (209 – 17 – 6)
WR Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (PRI) (42 – 7 – 2)
WR Gianni Carter, WR, Duquesne (PRO)
WR Quincy Enunwa, WR, Nebraska (PRO) (259 – 34 – 7-FA)
WR Willie Gibson, WR, Cumberlands (VINT)

MechDX

I think they have interest, but yeah both HOU and STL have been responsible for 80% of the rumors out there imo. Both trying to shop their picks

e: Damn looks like Bradford got into the Chickens's medicine cabinet

Well JFF couldn't be there since he is in NY nailing 3 hookers.

Top Bottom