• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

ShaneB

This is where I'll be in 72 hours.

YYcpynz.png

Lucky son of a gun. Nice.

Colasante

The Browns reportedly conducted an "expensive and thorough analytics study" before the draft that "ultimately pointed to" Teddy Bridgewater showing the "best success rate" in the 2014 quarterback class.

Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the $100,000 study was spearheaded by club president Alec Scheiner. The team commissioned "decades of successful NFL quarterbacks" and took into consideration "all sorts of variables," while incorporating both "film review and advanced metrics." La Canfora reports analytics are "taken very seriously within the Browns' organization," and believes Bridgewater could be in play for Cleveland at the Nos. 26 and 35 overall picks.

Interesting.

Farooq

Banned
Mayock has Manziel to Cowboys. Jerry won't be able to resist in his words.

I don't know about this, Jerry did say the following during his pre-draft press conference.

Jerry Jones said:
“I’m not that gunned up over what a rookie quarterback could do for us this year,” Jones said.

Speaking at the club’s pre-draft news conference Tuesday in Irving, Jones made it clear that he continues to believe Tony Romo under center is the Cowboys’ best bet for a return to NFL prominence.

“I will go as far as to say it is not our primary goal in the first round to be looking for a quarterback,” Jones said. “We’ve got a good one.”

Interesting.
Despite seemingly every team trying to trash his stock over the last couple months, Bridgewater is pretty clearly the best long-term prospect of the lot. IMO.

If you're taking a gamble on throwing a QB into the fire day 1, you might go JFF instead -- but that's a big gamble for other reasons. Height, work ethic, etc

The rest of the QBs aren't particularly inspiring. Bortles included.

prove me wrong on any of those points brah! prove me wrong!

1. Absolutely true
2. Sure some is, but you will find examples of misogyny in more musical genres than hip hop
3. Not necessarily. This weekend radio stations across the country will be playing 2Pac's Dear Mama. Would you consider that violent? Or not to be hip hop?
4.I dunno, I imagine this takes some skill.
5.No use arguing opinions, so I'll leave this alone

1. Absolutely true
2. Sure some is, but you will find examples of misogyny in more musical genres than hip hop
3. Not necessarily. This weekend radio stations across the country will be playing 2Pac's Dear Mama. Would you consider that violent? Or not to be hip hop?
4.I dunno, I imagine this takes some skill.
5.No use arguing opinions, so I'll leave this alone

talking really fast isn't musical skill. it's a "musical" skill in the same way that playing e-sports is a sports skill. but you are right that there is no use in arguing opinions. i just likes to troll things!

bionic77

FMT stop being racist.

And I told you guys it was all in Hibberts head. Dude is such a weak ass little bitch. Took people shitting on him to actually show up for the playoffs. He might have a smaller penis than Tammy...

Talon

talking really fast isn't musical skill. it's a "musical" skill in the same way that playing e-sports is a sports skill. but you are right that there is no use in arguing opinions. i just likes to troll things!
I'd like to hear you mimic Biggie's, Jay-Z's, Nas' and Busta's* flow back-to-back.

*What is he doing here? Because I like his weird ass flow.

No you started it now, and this is better than more "JFF is/isn't going to Team X" posts.

What is "musical skill" in your opinion? Is it singing, is it playing instruments?

cajunator

Banned
:jnc What happened?

He overfilled a station nearly causing a spill. Now I have to divert one of my best drivers with a pump truck to the store and pump a compartment out and bring it to another so the fuel level falls below alarm level. Then I have to find space on other driver dispatches (that we already dont have) for the loads that were on the driver who has to pump the fuel out. Basically a lot of stations are about to run out and it stems back to this drivers mistake.

No you started it now, and this is better than more "JFF is/isn't going to Team X" posts.

What is "musical skill" in your opinion? Is it singing, is it playing instruments?

queen

p.s.

there is something infinitely more impressive about a group of guys/girls all playing separate instruments at the same time to create music vs. a guy talking over pre-recorded music. musical composition, instruments and yes vocals (tone, pitch, lyrics) are all part of it. but even that doesn't guarantee great music. i can't tell you a sure-fire way to make great music, i just know it when i hear it!

tmdorsey

I'd like to hear you mimic Biggie's, Jay-Z's, Nas' and Busta's* flow back-to-back.

*What is he doing here? Because I like his weird ass flow.

I know I heard Wacka Flocka and of course JJ Fad in there.

Anyway of course my daughter has a makeup soccer game at 7:30 tomorrow night. Looks like I will be constantly checking this thread for the first few picks.

Also, Rick Smith is smoking crack if he thinks we are giving up 3 first rounders and some change to move up 5 spots.

Greg

queen

p.s.

there is something infinitely more impressive about a group of guys/girls all playing separate instruments at the same time to create music vs. a guy talking over pre-recorded music. musical composition, instruments and yes vocals (tone, pitch, lyrics) are all part of it. but even that doesn't guarantee great music. i can't tell you a sure-fire way to make great music, i just know it when i hear it!
pain and suffering

queen

p.s.

Even if you ignore the integral process of actual beat making, which (at least in the old days before everyone and their mama in law had FruityLoops and an 808 and every beat sounded like generic Garageband boom/clap) does involve people playing instruments, you don't see the skill in the lyricism, the wordplay, and the fact that its all timed perfectly to flow over the beat? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

For the record, I'm not some hip hop or bust black dude. My two listened two artists/bands on Spotify for the last month have probably been Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. I just don't like abject dismissal of an entire genre of music. (Except for country)

Greg

Even if you ignore the integral process of actual beat making, which (at least in the old days before everyone and their mama in law had FruityLoops and an 808 and every beat sounded like generic Garageband boom/clap) does involve people playing instruments, you don't see the skill in the lyricism, the wordplay, and the fact that its all timed perfectly to flow over the beat? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

For the record, I'm not some hip hop or bust black dude. My two listed two artists/bands on Spotify for the last month have probably been Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. I just don't like abject dismissal of an entire genre of music. (Except for country)
my man

LJ11

Flyers took everything out of them, plus all these back to back and short rest games are doing them no favors.

They dominated a lot of that Flyers series despite going to 7 games, but the Flyers back end is complete shit, so you can get by a team when they have zero D. That should tell you all you need to know, not trying to shit on the Flyers either. A team with zero D, goalie issues the first 3 games, and they still took 7 games despite dominating the puck more often than not. Pens don't have a great D either, but they played sound enough this series, doesn't take much to stop this attack however.

Rangers are weak up the middle, you can't win when you have nothing at C. No top end talen. Nash is one of, if not, the most overrated player in the league, always has been. Should seriously hit the reset. Trade players, and retool.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Interesting.

The hilarity of the Browns spending $100,000 on a statistical study aside, I just have a feeling Bridgewater is going to be the best QB from this draft class.

He's got a great head on his shoulders and a chip on his shoulder. Mechanically from the brief film I've seen the guy is a solid pocket passer who goes through his reads accordingly.

Top Bottom