• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

6syVTZR.jpg

Packers should have gone to the Super Bowl in 2007 under Favre. They were able to make the playoffs in 2009 and win the Super Bowl with Rodgers in 2010 because they didn't mortgage the future to win under Favre.
Packers have a robot GM, though. Doesn't count

Wes

venison crêpe
NON DRAFT RELATED BROWNS UPDATE

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2774-1355609789-3.gif

I have a good news/bad news item for you Browns fans!

On the Ross Tucker Podcast Greg Cossell said he was at the Browns minicamp and no one could cover Andrew Hawkins working the slot!

The downside being none of our DBs could cover Anthony Hawkings. We need to grab a corner earlier so we can move Skrine inside.

The Rams have only been saying this Manziel stuff to try to get the Jags or Browns to jump up to 2 and allow the Rams to still get whoever they want as well as a pick.

I could see Manziel sliding to around the 15 range. A mock I saw had the Browns trading back with Atlanta at 6, taking Evans, then trading up to 15 (for a 3rd) to nab Manziel there.

How would you feel (however unlikely) of that scenario happening?

Wes

venison crêpe
I could see Manziel sliding to around the 15 range. A mock I saw had the Browns trading back with Atlanta at 6, taking Evans, then trading up to 15 (for a 3rd) to nab Manziel there.

How would you feel (however unlikely) of that scenario happening?

I'd be all in for that. Absolutely.

MRSA

Banned
You know what would be awesome? The Pats in their sinful cheating ways, forget that they're on the clock and allowing their 10 minutes to lapse. Tebow wills it.

If Qb isn't the first pick, I definitely want the pick to be Evans
Now which pairing would you prefer:

Evans and Manziel

or

Watkins and Bridgewater?

:eek:
Evans and Manziel, I would have a heart attack though. Someone would probably need to call the ambulance for me.

Wes

venison crêpe
Now which pairing would you prefer:

Evans and Manziel

or

Watkins and Bridgewater?

:eek:

Manziel over Bridgewater. Watkins or Evans are close talent and they're only going to be the WR2 in out system anyway. I know Bridgewater is really accurate but I'm scared by what he says about when he plays in cold weather.

I'd be happy with either though. Both of those are close to my ideal 1st round.

Dosia

If my man Kadeem is available in the 3rd the Pats better not pass on him. Dude can take over for Ridley's fumbling ass.

You know what would be awesome? The Pats in their sinful cheating ways, forget that they're on the clock and allowing their 10 minutes to lapse. Tebow wills it.

Nah, if that happened then every talking head would convince themselves it was a master stroke from Bill and award them A++++++ in their draft grades

My hopes for the EAgles tomorrow are:

1. JFF
2. JFF
3. JFF
4. JFF
5. JFF
6. JFF
7. JFF
8. JFF
9. JFF
10. Clinton-Dix (only if JFF is already drafted)

Vyroxis

Banned
Normally I have 22 drivers to manage at night and there are 14. Any of you can drive an 18 wheeler?

Yes. And I have an old cabover that's somewhat road legal (depending on how generous the DOT is when I get caught). Sadly, I don't have a Hazmat endorsement. And I HATE driving tankers.

Mayock has Manziel to Cowboys. Jerry won't be able to resist in his words.

My biggest fear in the draft is the Cowboys getting JFF. Man that would suck.
Honestly if Manziel falls in the Teens I expect Browns to trade up from 26. I expect a Qb day one tomorrow and if not with the first pick, we'll have to trade up to secure one. Doubt we sit at 26 and wait, I expect some movement from us.
If not JFF, then Bortles, Teddy, and pains me to say Carr.....
GROSS

Vyroxis

Banned
Thats pretty cool actually. What did you haul?

When I can be talked into it I usually haul meat for the plant I work at. I stick with in-state runs usually, with the occasional jaunt down to Iowa or Wisconsin due to the potential not-road-worthiness of my truck. Although when I did it full time, I ran a run from MN to Laredo every week in a beefed up Pete. I miss that thing, fucker could haul ass. I could hit 80 with an overweight load and it wouldn't even break a sweat.

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen now
So, Mike Mayock, who nailed Aaron Rodgers at 24 back in the day, just released a mock draft with Manziel to the Cowboys at 16.

Honestly if Manziel falls in the Teens I expect Browns to trade up from 26. I expect a Qb day one tomorrow and if not with the first pick, we'll have to trade up to secure one. Doubt we sit at 26 and wait, I expect some movement from us.
If not JFF, then Bortles, Teddy, and pains me to say Carr.....
GROSS

On the ESPN draft show tonight they said that JFF is the #1 player on the Cowboys board. Seems crazy to me and I love JFF.

Syrinx

How does a team get to the second round of the playoffs and play as terrible as the Rangers have played the last few games?

Top Bottom