• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Even if you ignore the integral process of actual beat making, which (at least in the old days before everyone and their mama in law had FruityLoops and an 808 and every beat sounded like generic Garageband boom/clap) does involve people playing instruments, you don't see the skill in the lyricism, the wordplay, and the fact that its all timed perfectly to flow over the beat? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

For the record, I'm not some hip hop or bust black dude. My two listened two artists/bands on Spotify for the last month have probably been Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. I just don't like abject dismissal of an entire genre of music. (Except for country)

when i say rap i mean the vast majority of rap. there is good rap. i even have a decent amount on my mp3 player.... honest! i'm sure if i went to the effort i could find some good indie rap (is there such a thing?) stuff. i wish i could expand my music liking but i just can't. i hear my wife listening to so much fucking trash (and she basically listens to everything) and i just shake my head. then i remind myself not be a doucher music snob... but i can't help it sometimes!

MechDX

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock
Follow
Top 10 QBs: 1) Brett Smith 2) Teddy Bridgewater 3) Blake Bortles 4) Zach Mettenberger 5) Derek Carr 6) Johnny Manziel 7) Keith Wenning

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock
Follow
QBs cont'd..8) Connor Shaw 9) Aaron Murray 10) Jimmy Garoppolo 11) AJ McCarron 12) Tom Savage 13) Stephen Morris 14) David Fales 15) Logan T

Jayson doing his thing again. But he has some good history

Colasante

Yahoo's investigative reporter Charles Robinson said, "Spent a lot of time on the Manziel shell game over the last couple months. I believe he'll be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tomorrow."

I don't know why, but I find Tampa Bay to be the most disappointing location for Manziel. Maybe Tedford can use him in interesting ways.

Bm_6auGCYAA9YQe.jpg

SOwCzsF.png

Rorschach

:lol

This confirms what I always believed. The guys that got regulated (that were fucking with Warren Gs wealth) were obviously Bay Area dudes.

All the regulating was done by Nate Dogg. And he picked up the girls too.

Here's how it went down:
  • Warren G pulls up to some random guys playing craps and is all like "ooh can I play, fellas?"
  • The men stand up and give him the business because he smells like an obvious narc.
  • Meanwhile, Nate was about to get some pussy, but he puts it on hold because he sees Warren getting worked.
  • The men on the corner steal all of Warren's shit and kick his ass for good measure. He looks up to them, crying like a punk ass bitch and says "what's next? :'("
  • Nate Dogg pulls up and takes out his gun.
  • The men pull out guns and point them to Warren's head.
  • Warren has an epiphany that if he had wings, he would fly out of there like a straight up busta pigeon.
  • Nate Dogg shoots into the crowd (not really caring if he hit Warren or not)
  • Warren praises Nate's ability to get skirt
  • Nate goes back to the girls and picks them all up.
  • Nate takes the hottest of the bunch and leaves Warren the scraps. I'm assuming Warren doesn't actually fuck any of these women because all of a sudden there are like 50 people in the motel room. Nate probably got road head on the way there.

I don't remember who they were talking to on the radio in Sacramento this morning, but they asked who the best QB prospect was, and he said Aaron Murray. Said he was most pro ready as well.

All the regulating was done by Nate Dogg. And he picked up the girls too.

Here's how it went down:
  • Warren G pulls up to some random guys playing craps and is all like "ooh can I play, fellas?"
  • The men stand up and give him the business because he smells like an obvious narc.
  • Meanwhile, Nate was about to get some pussy, but he puts it on hold because he sees Warren getting worked.
  • The men on the corner steal all of Warren's shit and kick his ass for good measure. He looks up to them, crying like a punk ass bitch and says "what's next? :'("
  • Nate Dogg pulls up and takes out his gun.
  • The men pull out guns and point them to Warren's head.
  • Warren has an epiphany that if he had wings, he would fly out of there like a straight up busta pigeon.
  • Nate Dogg shoots into the crowd (not really caring if he hit Warren or not)
  • Warren praises Nate's ability to get skirt
  • Nate goes back to the girls and picks them all up.
  • Nate takes the hottest of the bunch and leaves Warren the scraps. I'm assuming Warren doesn't actually fuck any of these women because all of a sudden there are like 50 people in the motel room. Nate probably got road head on the way there.

Yup. There's a reason Nate Dogg got on every hook made back then and Warren G is on those "whatever happened to..?" lists.

I don't know why people dismiss hand size. Obviously a bigger hand eases the transition from the smaller college sized ball to the massive pro ball. Right?

Right?!?

MechDX

I don't know why people dismiss hand size. Obviously a bigger hand eases the transition from the smaller college sized ball to the massive pro ball. Right?

Right?!?

How big are Flaccos hands? Can he hold all that money?
\
DeionSanders ‏@DeionSanders · 3h
Please hear me CLEARLY if J. CLOWNEY don't go #1 tomorrow in the @nfl Draft I'm growing my Curl back!

Please take Mack.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Walter Football has Detroit taking Barr.

No thank you.

squicken

That Gil Brandt thing needs context. In context of Garappolo, he's saying he'll be fine as a mid round pick. For Teddy, he's saying it's an issue for a first round pick

I have trouble believing this giant $10m analytics stufy done by CLE lead them to love Teddy. I always thought he and JFF were bad fits there b/c they lacked big arms. I think you see template for those games is Flacco and Ben. Dalton's weaker arm leads him to have pretty shaky deep ball accuracy late in the year

MechDX

Wonder if Miguel shows up tomorrow. So when we do announce our pick, whoever it is, they trip walking cross the stage and break their arm

JABEE

They dominated a lot of that Flyers series despite going to 7 games, but the Flyers back end is complete shit, so you can get by a team when they have zero D. That should tell you all you need to know, not trying to shit on the Flyers either. A team with zero D, goalie issues the first 3 games, and they still took 7 games despite dominating the puck more often than not. Pens don't have a great D either, but they played sound enough this series, doesn't take much to stop this attack however.

Rangers are weak up the middle, you can't win when you have nothing at C. No top end talen. Nash is one of, if not, the most overrated player in the league, always has been. Should seriously hit the reset. Trade players, and retool.

I have no doubt the Flyers would have beat the Penguins if they faced each other in this series. The Flyers had an opportunity to beat a Rangers team that was playing poorly and didn't take the opportunity. McDonagh is obviously seriously injured.

I think the best the Flyers could have hoped for is getting to the Eastern Conference Finals. This is all with the Flyers shitshow of a backend. The Flyers need to find their Ryan McDonagh. Losing Pronger has been a loss that the Flyers have never recovered from. The Flyer effectively traded away three first round picks when they made that deal. If Pronger didn't suffer that freak injury, I don't know where the Flyers would be right now.

I think looking at the East, the Flyers stood a chance against every team except the Bruins. The Rangers were also an extremely tough matchup. Hopefully the Flyers can get some help on the back end by maybe moving Schenn. I think the Flyers are poised to contend with a couple moves and some growth from Couturier and the insertion of Laughton into our starting lineup.

Top Bottom