• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

THERE WERE LITERALLY 31 OTHER PLAYERS DRAFTED NOT NAMED MANZIEL ESPN.

How the fuck. This desperate coverage is pathetic.

To be fair, everyone is doing it. I'm listening to the NFL: Around the League podcast, and the first 15 minutes of a 45 minute podcast is about Manziel. My problem with Espn's live coverage of the draft was Gruden (who I love). Every other word out of his mouth was about Manziel, it was ridiculous

Wes

venison crêpe
THE KING IN THE NORTH

johnny_manziel_jersey_switch___cleveland_browns_by_hesslerstudios-d6mz7vs.jpg

Really dig the pick of Ebron for the Lions. I think it is a homerun (comparatively to years prior). I don't think Fauria is anything more than a Redzone target and Pettigrew is as mediocre as mediocre gets. The problem, though, is that I have zero faith in Stafford. I just don't think he is the guy for this team. Maybe the shittiness of his play was a result of Linnehan and Schwartz and Caldwell will be able to help steady the ship. But I really doubt it.

I guess we can hope the young secondary matures a lot over this offseason, otherwise the Bears and Packers receiving corp terrify me

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Really dig the pick of Ebron for the Lions. I think it is a homerun (comparatively to years prior). I don't think Fauria is anything more than a Redzone target and Pettigrew is as mediocre as mediocre gets. The problem, though, is that I have zero faith in Stafford. I just don't think he is the guy for this team. Maybe the shittiness of his play was a result of Linnehan and Schwartz and Caldwell will be able to help steady the ship. But I really doubt it.

I guess we can hope the young secondary matures a lot over this offseason, otherwise the Bears and Packers receiving corp terrify me

Hey, there is still the 2nd and 3rd round to add to the already huge list of terrible CB draft picks we have on the roster.

Vyroxis

Banned
So....

I am FUCKING STOKED right now. We got Anthony Barr, one of two players I thoight the Vikings should have gone for on D, and snuck back in ahead of the Texans to claim Bridgewater? Sad that we couldnt pull off a miracle and get Ha Ha, but fuck of that wasnt a great first round for us.

Also, hilarious to see Manziel get to 22. And get drafted by the Browns. That poor bastard.

Wes

venison crêpe
We pick third in round two?! There is so much delicious talent available.

Marquise Lee or Xavier Su'a Filo please.

Hey, there is still the 2nd and 3rd round to add to the already huge list of terrible CB draft picks we have on the roster.

Honestly, I think Safety is a bigger need at this point. Idk dick about any of the prospects left (at any position, really), but there has to be somebody worth taking, right? I think Slay will mellow out as a solid CB this season. He showed flashes of brilliance last year, even in Cunningham's shitty schemes. Houston is usually solid when healthy. Mathis isn't useless, i guess. And Bentley and Green are bodies...... Fuck. I don't feel any better about this at all

But I'm happier with Ebron than a CB
except maybe Dennard because I have a huge bias boner for him

Nakazato

I'm happy with the Mosley pick, although we definitely have other holes to fill. Apparently the Ravens had Mosley top 10 on their board, and they always go best player available (plus Ozzie loves his Alabama). I wanted a safety, but I now to Ozzie and all his genius. Plus Suggs, Darryl Smith, Arthur Brown, CJ Mosley, and Doom.....pretty solid.
I'm just mad cause we could have got skov later in the draft. As long as he crushes JFF 2 times a year I'm fine with the pick

Slo

So....

I am FUCKING STOKED right now. We got Anthony Barr, one of two players I thoight the Vikings should have gone for on D, and snuck back in ahead of the Texans to claim Bridgewater? Sad that we couldnt pull off a miracle and get Ha Ha, but fuck of that wasnt a great first round for us.

Also, hilarious to see Manziel get to 22. And get drafted by the Browns. That poor bastard.

SKOL

Dunkers92

Still very happy with the Clinton-Dix pick. When he fell to us it was the obvious choice. Exactly what we needed, and with the way a couple of teams were reaching for DBs after us, I was relieved we were able to pick him up. Hopefully we pick up a tight end today

As much as I hate to say it the Vikes had a great first round. Was gutted when I saw them trade back into the first to get Teddy. Probably the best QB long term prospect in this draft. I didn't know what to think of the Lions pick. Initially I thought it was a strange pick, but Ebron is a beast, they have so many weapons now on offence. The bears got a pretty good corner too. The NFC North is going to be a tasty division this year

Overall, a very entertaining first round. Really surprised Bortles went so early. No way is he a 3rd overall pick, but if your need is great at that position, then I guess it doesn't matter. Absolutely loved seeing Manziel falling too, the guy drank a lot of water lol.

LJ11

Now you're turning into kas. How many weapons does EJ need!? #MadAboutNotGettingODB

No other reliable TE on roster besides Chandler.

I doubt some of these OL last, they're going to fly off the board. At that point I'd take a LB, TE, CB but I don't think they take LB or CB. Would love Telvin Smith on this squad, or Van Noy.

ShaneB

THERE WERE LITERALLY 31 OTHER PLAYERS DRAFTED NOT NAMED MANZIEL ESPN.

How the fuck. This desperate coverage is pathetic.

Did anyone expect anything less? He was always going to be the biggest wild card, and Cleveland just got infused a whole lot of attention. I don't see the problem. I hope he pans out for the Browns and the franchise actually gets some respect instead of being the laughing stock of the league, but we'll see. As much hope as their might be for the Browns, I'd still be nervous as hell.

We pick third in round two?! There is so much delicious talent available.

Marquise Lee or Xavier Su'a Filo please.

That's who I wanted at 32 =( But no way he is available for the Seahawks next pick. Just a fun name to say really, that's about all I know.

edit: Yay Friday. Boo next week because it's going to be a madhouse at work =/

Slo

Still feeling good about last night's draft. Realistically I think Barr will be a legit starter for 10+ years. I'm sort of worried that Bridgewater's ceiling is somewhere around Sam Bradford tier, but that's infinitely better than what we've got. Good value at 32.

Jags need to do what they said they are doing and let Bortles train behind Henne. Brah can't come in and win right away.

Jerry can do all he can to protect Romo but I think this is last season. He's just been too beaten do. Still a tough guy though.

Crisco

Banned
I don't get it man, all this hype for a dude who's ceiling is Doug Flutie. I don't think I've heard Clowney's name once this morning.

Eleuin

Its already known but damn do the ilbs fall off a cliff after Mosley

Hopefully we can pick someone serviceable on day 3, if brad Jones starts again I'll cry

dionysus

Yaldog
At least Tebow was a class act. Manziel is more of a villain, the kind of guy you can't wait for him to get his comeuppance.

Don't blame the players for the media's ridiculousness. Neither Tebow or Manziel or really most people who have been overexposed by the media did much to encourage it unless you blame them for answering reporters questions and attending mandatory press conferences put on by their teams.

They aren't doing stuff like Lebron and his self-promoted decision press conference. Manziel is a "villain" because that is the angle ESPN slants their coverage. Honestly, what has the boy done that other 19 and 20 year olds wouldn't have done in his situation? Damn, he slept in at some stupid worthless QB camp. He drinks every now and then. He sold some autographs, which I don't even consider a moral failing just a violation of some stupid ass NCAA rules. He has taken pictures with hot women. All indications are in what is really important he is dedicated to his craft and he doesn't do anything during the season to jeopardize his playing time and ability.

I just need to know which cellular network provider is going to have the exclusive JFF app. I've only got a few months before I'm due for an upgrade so they'd better hurry up.

Top Bottom