• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

McShay said the Texans will take him even though Carr is the better prospect just because of who Carr's brother is. Seems like a terrible way to make decisions to me.

This time it's the exception. You don't live here you don't understand. It is REALLY bad.

Not Coach O'Brien ‏@NotCoachOBrien · 1m
Derek Carr asked me if he would wear #8 if selected. I told him #8 around here is like #13 in an elevator....it doesn't exist.

Personally I hope the Niners call wanting Lee and give us a couple later 3rds to swap

Slo

I'm pretty salty you guys got Bridgewater. I'm definitely one of those rolling my eyes at a "bad pro day" or whatever. He's already the second best QB in the NFC North after Rodgers.

The critique that bothers me most is the "smart, leader, from a Pro-style offense, but needs to be in a dink and dunk offense because of arm strength." Reminds me of a some kid we drafted from FSU.

Greg

The critique that bothers me most is the "smart, leader, from a Pro-style offense, but needs to be in a dink and dunk offense because of arm strength." Reminds me of a some kid we drafted from FSU.
is arm strength really an issue for him though?

MechDX

is arm strength really an issue for him though?

The consensus was he couldn't throw long very well but can slice you up in the short and immediate passing game.

BnKZRs9CUAAsrK-.jpg:large

The shops are coming

Tom Penny

So he's Chad Pennigton who was actually pretty good.

manfestival

seems like manziels pick has already created fans in cleveland. however, my friends that are cleveland fans are going LOL WUT all over facebook.

Greg

The consensus was he couldn't throw long very well but can slice you up in the short and immediate passing game.

BnKZRs9CUAAsrK-.jpg:large

The shops are coming
even though that's what they say, that was never the impression I got from the few games I watched

:jnc @ that picture

Tamanon

Banned
seems like manziels pick has already created fans in cleveland. however, my friends that are cleveland fans are going LOL WUT all over facebook.

Yeah, I have several Browns fans on Facebook that were, let's say, less than enthusiastic, about the pick.

I do think it's funny that a $100k study says Bridgewater and a homeless man says Manziel.

BigAT

Whaaaat? That's crazy talk. Say what you will about Stafford, but he is a proven commodity. No unproven rookie comes in and immediately overtakes a guy with Staffords proven track record. Same goes for Cutler.

Yes, he has the proven track record of being 2-27 against teams with a winning record. And one of those two wins came against a Rodgers-less Packers team.

calvinjohnson3on1bengals.gif

What a completion by Stafford.

gutshot

Some analysis of Marcus Smith from a few weeks back:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/04/15/draft-daily-louisvilles-marcus-smith-fit/

Connor Barwin and Trent Cole manned the OLB spots in the Eagles' 3-4 last year. The defense could use more pass-rush from that pair, but overall, the transition to a new scheme was smoother than expected. Cole, however, will turn 32 next season, and the Eagles have little in the pipeline to eventually replace him.

That brings us to May's draft and a player who in some ways could be described as a poor man's Dion Jordan: Louisville's Marcus Smith. Smith is one of 30 prospects to make an official visit to Philadelphia, per FoxSports.com.

http://igglesblitz.com/2014/04/case-marcus-smith/

Smith is the kind of long, athletic, versatile weapon the Eagles would like at ROLB. I don’t see him in the mix at 22. I doubt he lasts to 54. If the Eagles move back in the late 1st or early 2nd, Smith would make a lot of sense.

Bread

Banned
i like the possibility of another beast on the defense line, but why did we have to take another mother fucker who gets injured all the time. if he gets injured in the first few weeks of the season i might squicken to pats south

MechDX

i like the possibility of another beast on the defense line, but why did we have to take another mother fucker who gets injured all the time. if he gets injured in the first few weeks of the season i might squicken to pats south

Good. Because we need beer money!

BnM1bjBCYAARF6X.jpg

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 4m
Here we go again: Texans listening to offers and open to moving the top pick in the second round.

DO IT HARBS! You need that Lee in your life!

2nd Mario Golf 3DS Greg Cup results:

1. XiaNaphryz -19
2. Issac -17
3. zemekis -11
4. c1 -7

Pulled ahead at the last minute again over Darkest Red to retain the trophy.

zlCfzR58PHIAd7kT7B

Qj6o7ZP.png

3rd Greg Cup tournament is up, Mountain Course. Tourney ends Monday 5/12 at midnight Pacific. Code is 13-1984-3457-6356.
You are like a savvy ebay shopper, you wait until the last minute and then post a higher score without me knowing. :p

Congrats, looking forward to the next one!

Yes, he has the proven track record of being 2-27 against teams with a winning record. And one of those two wins came against a Rodgers-less Packers team.

calvinjohnson3on1bengals.gif

What a completion by Stafford.

2-27 huh. That's two more wins then Teddy B has.

Don't twist my post, as some sanction of Stafford. I clearly said say what you will of him. The fact is he has been an NFL starting QB since 2009 and has proven accomplishments in the league, he is also in no danger of being replaced, nor is it being considered by the Lions brass.

I'm a Browns fan, I have no bias or love for Detroit of any NFC North team. I'm just calling B.S. when I see it.

Teddy B has not played a single down in the NFL, by that definition he is starting out in the basement of the NFC North behind 3 playoff caliber QB's.

2-27 huh. That's two more wins thin Teddy B has.

Don't twist my post, as some sanction of Stafford. I clearly said say what you will of him. The fact is he has been an NFL starting QB since 2009 and has proven accomplishments in the league, he is also in no danger of being replaced, nor is it being considered by the Lions brass.

I'm a Browns fan, I have no bias or love for Detroit of any NFC North team. I'm just calling B.S. when I see it.

Teddy B has not played a single down in the NFL, by that definition he is starting out in the basement of the NFC North behind 3 playoff caliber QB's.

What accomplishments does Stafford have? Making the playoffs once? totally chocking away the division last year even though all the other teams lost their QBs? putting up big yards in loses? What has he actually accomplished? Stafford is a less successful version of Romo.

Dat JFF hype train is already rolling.

I don't know how Hoyer starts the season. The fans will be calling for his benching from the first interception he throws.

What accomplishments does Stafford have? Making the playoffs once? totally chocking away the division last year even though all the other teams lost their QBs? putting up big yards in loses? What has he actually accomplished? Stafford is a less successful version of Romo.

What has Teddy B done to prove he is a better NFL starter than those QB's?

C'mon man. Your bias is showing.

dionysus

Yaldog
My Draft Board for Pizza Toppings

1. Mushrooms
2. Olives
3. Pepperoni
4. Sausage
5. Roasted Garlic
6. Jalapenos
7. Feta or Goat Cheese
8. Fresh Basil leaves
9. Ham/Canadian Bacon
10. Chicken
Dead Last: Any fruit including pinapple.

Edit. I wouldn't combine all these ingredients on one pizza obviously.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 2m
Hearing the #Texans are getting some good offers for #33, due to so much value left. I'd be surprised if they don't trade back.

BigAT

What's the point of comparing any incoming college quarterback to an NFL player then if this is your mindset for it? You can't project how a drafted quarterback will do against his peers because he literally has no NFL stats yet? No shit. It's an absurd point to make.

Good thing HoHoyer has that home town magic, should keep the fans at bay. But really don't rush JFF if he's not ready, I trust Pettine.
Edit: how easy is it work in ticket sales right now for browns? Just a few months ago fans were mailing in there Richardson jerseys with hate mail.

What's the point of comparing any incoming college quarterback to an NFL player then if this is your mindset for it? You can't project how a drafted quarterback will do against his peers because he literally has no NFL stats yet? No shit. It's an absurd point to make.

Jamarcus was way more accomplished then Luck when Luck was drafted by his way of thinking.

You can project all you want. The guys statement was pretty matter of factly that Teddy B comes in immediately as the 2nd best NFC North QB.

If you can't see how completely stupid that statement is then cool.

The undeniable matter of fact truth is that Teddy B has never stepped foot on an NFL field wearing an NFL uniform and thus anything said about him is pure projection and conjecture.

By nature of having started in the NFL for years and being considered franchise worthy for all those years by the majority instantly makes Stafford and Cutler the superior QB's.

Come back at the end of the 2014 season and we can make an actual comparison.

Anything said about Teddy B now is homeristic conjecture. Period. Full stop.

Good thing HoHoyer has that home town magic, should keep the fans at bay. But really don't rush JFF if he's not ready, I trust Pettine.
Edit: how easy is it work in ticket sales right now for browns? Just a few months ago fans were mailing in there Richardson jerseys with hate mail.

I already miss your old avi :(

Bread

Banned

1. Mushrooms
2. Olives
3. Pepperoni
4. Sausage
5. Roasted Garlic
6. Jalapenos
7. Feta or Goat Cheese
8. Fresh Basil leaves
9. Ham/Canadian Bacon
10. Chicken

ew olives

where's the prosciutto? the ricotta? the eggplant?

i approve of the pineapple hate though.

bionic77

Pineapples on pizza > mushrooms on pizza
I am surprised by this because you usually have impeccable taste in everything.

But no you are wrong.

Most pizza places seem to use mushrooms pulled out of disgusting can, but if you get fresh veggies and mushrooms they are awesome. I can eat that shit plain.

manfestival

1. Mushrooms
2. Olives
3. Pepperoni
4. Sausage
5. Roasted Garlic
6. Jalapenos
7. Feta or Goat Cheese
8. Fresh Basil leaves
9. Ham/Canadian Bacon
10. Chicken

olives? are you joking? Bacon so low? WHAT

dionysus

Yaldog
ew olives

where's the prosciutto? the ricotta? the eggplant?

i approve of the pineapple hate though.

Pizza is a versatile dish. Many great toppings can be added and make an excellent pizza. Fruit is not one of them though, and I am skeptical of plain eggplant.

Though I do grow fresh eggplant in my garden so I might try it on like a roasted garlic, tomato, ham, basil, eggplant pizza.

bionic77

Good move Cleveland.

When is the last time anyone outside of Cleveland was interested in the Browns.

I hope it works out for them and they can become a solid 2nd best team in the division behind the Steelers and resurrect the old rivalry.

The more I think about it I am sure Johnny is going to do something to really shit on the Steelers and he is the perfect guy to make this a rivalry with the Steelers and Ravens. All he has to do besides being a douche is win.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Great post. Anyone who says Stafford hasn't proven himself as a starting NFL QB is either trolling or have no idea what they're talking about.

A bad season for Stafford, with his recovers leading the league in drops, is 29 Touchdowns and close to 5,000 yards.

I really hope we get one WR in this second round. I wouldn't mind a defensive player but we still are going to go offense in the 3rd or 2nd round.

The biggest knock on Ebron is his blocking ability. I think we were planning to draft him all along. We'll have Pettigrew blocking (which he's great at) and occasionally going out for routes while Ebron lines up as a reciever.

With Joe Lombardi as our offensive coordinator the Saints offense is a blueprint for what our offense will look like this year.

Top Bottom